SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:46   #1
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Ron Paul's delegate strategy is perfectly legitimate

This WashTimes item lays it out as well as possible. Great piece. I hope Paulites refer to this long and detailed write-up the next time they're challenged about how delegate wins are "cheating" or "backdoor" or whatever.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ly-legitimate/

Since it's got serious copyright warnings I won't post any contents here...been warned about that before. Read it.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:58   #2
CAcop

So it sounds like his stratey is to negate the votes cast by voters by appealing to delgates directly.

When are Ron Paul fans going to give it up?

When he dies are you going to switch to Rand Paul?

Does Rand Paul have any kids?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:17   #3
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
So it sounds like his stratey is to negate the votes cast by voters by appealing to delgates directly.

When he dies are you going to switch to Rand Paul?

Does Rand Paul have any kids?
So, trying to win is wrong?

What are you, a communist?
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:29   #4
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Paul's delegate strategery is akin to burning incense on the convention floor and chanting to the god Ssabmud to deliver the nomination to them.

The problem with Ronulans and stuff like this isn't that they are stupid...they aren't...but that they think everyone else is.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.

Last edited by Goaltender66; 05-04-2012 at 05:30..
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:33   #5
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Absolutely rontarded.
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:47   #6
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Kinda depends on your definition of "Legitimate".

I view it as an attempt to sneak into the bank in the middle of the night through an unlocked back door.

But if the rules say he can do it, he can try. Anything can happen, but I'm thinking this is going to be about as effective as the "Shadow Convention" was the last time. I remember reading Paul supporters stating that they could just nominate him at the shadow convention, and disrupt the actual convention, and Paul would be the nominee.

Oh well, Political Issues Political IssuesPolitical Issueswe'll see, but if I had to bet the title to my truck, I'd place my bets with Romney at the moment. Not a good situation, not the one I hoped for, but that's the direction we are going in. Paul guys need to prepare themselves for another disappointment.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11   #7
JBnTX
None

Ron Paul's so called "delegate strategy" may be legal, but he is in essence giving the finger to the republican party and the American voter.

The American voter has rejected Ron Paul and all that he stands for.

It's time for him to take his toys and go home.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:14   #8
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Ron Paul will not be nominated, and when his Paulistinians continue to sputter in their little fantasy world, they just look more and more pathetic.

Thank God these crazy people will never get elected.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:14   #9
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
So, trying to win is wrong?

What are you, a communist?

Trying to win after you've already lost is what is communist.

Is Ron Paul now showing his true Anarchist colors?

I think one president trying to destroy America is enough.
Ron Paul should drop out of the race today.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26   #10
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
...he is in essence giving the finger to the republican party and the American voter.
Somebody has to...

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28   #11
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Ron Paul will not be nominated.
That is true.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:46   #12
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post

Somebody has to...

So, you think somebody needs to give the finger to the American voter?

The right to vote is what made this country the greatest and freest country on this planet.

...and you think it needs to be given the finger.

You anti-American anarchist Ron Paul supporters are showing your true colors more and more each day.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:01   #13
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

The right to vote is what made this country the greatest and freest country on this planet.

You anti-American anarchist Ron Paul supporters are showing your true colors more and more each day.

Do I? Absolutely. The American voter has consistently voted to empower this state to expand beyond original intent, borrow far more money than can ever be repaid, enact confiscatory taxation regimes, and launch countless assaults on my liberty by stepping into nearly every facet of my life from what I can ingest, to where I can use the phone, to what type of 2nd amendment privilege I may enjoy. Yes, I would love to give a giant one-fingered salute to the modern American voter - a population towards which history will not be kind. The modern American voter: stuffed with chemicals and corn derivatives, voting to regulate each other into statist hell, and tax each other into poverty by destroying, through their willful vote and functional ignorance, what was once the greatest country in history. The American voter who has CHOSEN -- chosen, mind you - to create and continually grow the largest and most expensive government in the history of humanity. The American voter who smiles like a simpleton as they line up to walk through irradiation chambers at airports, the American voter who blasts Obamacare one day and votes for Romney the next, the American voter who.... WTH, never mind.

Those are my true colors and, presumably, the colors of any sentient American left out there.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:09   #14
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Do I? Absolutely. The American voter has consistently voted to empower this state to expand beyond original intent, borrow far more money than can ever be repaid, enact confiscatory taxation regimes, and launch countless assaults on my liberty by stepping into nearly every facet of my life from what I can ingest, to where I can use the phone, to what type of 2nd amendment privilege I may enjoy. Yes, I would love to give a giant one-fingered salute to the modern American voter - a population towards which history will not be kind. The modern American voter: stuffed with chemicals and corn derivatives, voting to regulate each other into statist hell, and tax each other into poverty by destroying, through their willful vote and functional ignorance, what was once the greatest country in history. The American voter who has CHOSEN -- chosen, mind you - to create and continually grow the largest and most expensive government in the history of humanity. The American voter who smiles like a simpleton as they line up to walk through irradiation chambers at airports, the American voter who blasts Obamacare one day and votes for Romney the next, the American voter who.... WTH, never mind.

Those are my true colors and, presumably, the colors of any sentient American left out there.

Why do you continue to live in such a terrible place?
The exits from this country are numerous and well marked.

Just pick one, and don't let the gate hit you in....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11   #15
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Why do you continue to live in such a terrible place?
The exits from this country are numerous and well marked.

Just pick one, and don't let the gate hit you in....
First because I was born here. Its my country and my land, not some kleptocrat or bureaucrat in Washington. Secondly because I want to stick around to watch guys like you get swallowed up by the state you created.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:13   #16
ricklee4570

So if you are a voter (and I presume you are) then in essence you are giving yourself the finger!
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:24   #17
lancesorbenson

Quote:

This isn't the general election. This is the party system to nominate a candidate, the rules for which were set up by the parties themselves. Don't blame Ron Paul supporters for knowing the rules and using them to their advantage. I certainly wouldn't blame Romney supporters for trying to organize and get delegates in states where he didn't win the meaningless straw poll. Then again, I've never actually met a Romney supporter.
lancesorbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:58   #18
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesorbenson View Post
This isn't the general election. This is the party system to nominate a candidate, the rules for which were set up by the parties themselves. Don't blame Ron Paul supporters for knowing the rules and using them to their advantage. I certainly wouldn't blame Romney supporters for trying to organize and get delegates in states where he didn't win the meaningless straw poll. Then again, I've never actually met a Romney supporter.
I have. He's actually fairly intelligent, but when it comes to modern American politics he catches that same mental illness that affects those with Obamania.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:10   #19
RCP

Quote:
Look no farther than North Dakota where Romney did just that.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40   #20
JBnTX
None

Quote:

Do you actually think Ron Paul has a chance of winning the republican nomination?
Old 05-04-2012, 15:33   #21
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Ron Paul will not be nominated, and when his Paulistinians continue to sputter in their little fantasy world, they just look more and more pathetic.

Thank God these crazy people will never get elected.
The crazy people are the ones that will be voting for the Government Sachs candidate and expecting things to change.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 15:34   #22
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

Good post.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 16:33   #23
lancesorbenson

Quote:
Do you actually think Ron Paul has a chance of winning the republican nomination?
Not really. But it's not over until the votes are counted in Tampa. Since a history of being pro-choice, anti-gun, and pro healthcare mandate isn't enough for Republicans I think it will take some kind of crazy sex scandal for them to rebuff the Yankee progressive in the magic underwear.
lancesorbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:50   #24
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:

Big Bang Boom! I feel like a nut when I surveyed all the lines at the airport and was probably one of few that saw which lanes the nudie scanners were used and which weren't. And then went to the weren't lanes and didn't have myself splayed across some perv's HD tv that I paid for with tax revenue.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 05-05-2012 at 02:50..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:26   #25
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
As Ron Paul himself so eloquently put it, "once they get it, they don't go back."

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote