Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:24   #1
snerd

Mourdock up ten points over Lugar in new poll

I couldn't feel more warm and fuzzy this morning after reading this.....
Quote:
Indiana Sen. Richard Lugar will face a steep uphill battle in the state’s Republican primaries next Tuesday, according to a new poll that shows the longtime incumbent down ten points against conservative State Treasurer Richard Mourdock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41   #2
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

That is good news. Now if he can just keep that lead up until primary day...
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08   #3
Snowman92D

Lugar's thrown big bucks at this campaign. His polling machine has called me three times over the past few weeks. One of them even tried to argue with me about Lugar being the "most conservative" candidate in the race. Lugar doesn't even have a home in Indiana any more, sold his place years ago and bought a house in Virginia. He fancies himself to be the World's Greatest Statesman, and the World's Smartest Man...and is a Hoosier representative a very distant third.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18   #4
JFrame

...Yet another indication of the ineffectualness of the Tea Party...?

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20   #5
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
...Yet another indication of the ineffectualness of the Tea Party...?

The demise of the T.E.A. Party has been greatly exaggerated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56   #6
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

US Constitution - Article 1 Section 3

"No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen."

Lugar is not eligible for re-election unless he is a resident of Indiana.

Indiana shouldn't allow him on the ballot and the Senate should expel him if he is elected. UNLESS he can prove that he is an Indiana resident.

He could legitimately run for the Senate representing Virginia.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.

Last edited by FL Airedale; 05-04-2012 at 11:57..
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 13:30   #7
Bruce H

Lugar deserves a coronary, not a primary.
Old 05-04-2012, 13:59   #8
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Airedale View Post
US Constitution - Article 1 Section 3

"No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen."

Lugar is not eligible for re-election unless he is a resident of Indiana.

Indiana shouldn't allow him on the ballot and the Senate should expel him if he is elected. UNLESS he can prove that he is an Indiana resident.

He could legitimately run for the Senate representing Virginia.
This issue was taken before the Board of Elections and they ruled that he was an inhabitant of the state when first elected and maintains ownership of property in the state and therefore meets the requirement. I'd like to see that one go to SCOTUS.

BTW, this election really represents the state TP coming of age. In 2010 when Dan Coates returned from the Carolinas to carpetbag us, there were four TP candidates splitting the vote which allowed him to get through the primary with a vote total in the 30's. We learned our lesson and rallied behind a single true conservative this time. No more rubber-stamps for liberal judges! It's been truly amazing how the "statesman" Lugar has been slinging mud and outright lies. Now his campaign is asking Dems to cross over in our open primary. He is playing the race card saying that Jews, women and minorities will be better off with him representing them. Disgusting.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin

Last edited by beforeobamabans; 05-04-2012 at 14:09..
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 15:22   #9
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
This issue was taken before the Board of Elections and they ruled that he was an inhabitant of the state when first elected and maintains ownership of property in the state and therefore meets the requirement. I'd like to see that one go to SCOTUS.

BTW, this election really represents the state TP coming of age. In 2010 when Dan Coates returned from the Carolinas to carpetbag us, there were four TP candidates splitting the vote which allowed him to get through the primary with a vote total in the 30's. We learned our lesson and rallied behind a single true conservative this time. No more rubber-stamps for liberal judges! It's been truly amazing how the "statesman" Lugar has been slinging mud and outright lies. Now his campaign is asking Dems to cross over in our open primary. He is playing the race card saying that Jews, women and minorities will be better off with him representing them. Disgusting.
I heard that on the radio today and laughed my ass off. How pathetic, but it shows how far politicians will go to keep their hold on power. Lugar needs to go.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:48   #10
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
I heard that on the radio today and laughed my ass off. How pathetic, but it shows how far politicians will go to keep their hold on power. Lugar needs to go.
I had heard rumors that Mourdock "had it won" a couple of weeks ago when one of Lugar's national ad underwriters pulled out, however, there were no public polls tracking the race. I AM NOW CONCERNED about this gap being publicized and the 'dirty tricks' being brought to bear by establishment political organizations with much at stake here. That would include the GOP, the Democrat national organization, the White House political machine (dont forget that the NW Indiana political machine is controlled by Chicago--witness the proven falsification of signatures required to get Obama on the ballot in 2008) and many large, well funded, national PACs and special interests. All have much to lose in exchanging a well paid for 36 year incumbant wise in the ways of Washington (if you know what I mean) with a shiny new populist hellbent on upsetting their applecart. Believe me, Lugar, Inc. isn't going to give up the reins of power without using every trick in the book.

Watch this race carefully. If that 10 point margin of victory mysteriously evaporates in 72 hours, you will have seen another election stolen from the people. This is a serious public uprising that many would like to quash before it becomes contagion. Remember, the powers that be have convinced the American populace that the Tea Party has fizzled out and been replaced by the Occupy "movement". This one race tells all what a lie that is. The "Tea Party" (what used to be called the 'moral majority') is alive and well, just biding it's time (plus, we aren't so stupid as to have our demonstrations in the dead of winter). So, if you are a Hoosier, don't get complacent because it ain't over 'til it's over. And if you're not, watch this race closely to see if you will really be allowed the freedom to choose your representation in Washington.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin

Last edited by beforeobamabans; 05-05-2012 at 03:06..
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:38   #11
Snowman92D

Effin'-A...
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 18:32   #12
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Bye bye baby bye bye!

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote