GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48   #1
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,589
I finally cast my vote against the GOP Establishment

With pride and perseverance, I finally cast my votes today for Ron Paul for President of the United States and Richard Mourdock (vs. Dick Lugar) for Senator of the United States.

Now, it's up to the rest of you to make a difference.
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02   #2
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 3,364
Whooooo!


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:37   #3
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
In before the hater squad!

Well done!!!
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:40   #4
lethal tupperwa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11,242


not the squad,

but remember what Perot

did for clinton.
__________________
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44   #5
eracer
Where's my EBT?
 
eracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
not the squad,

but remember what Perot

did for clinton.
Perot didn't do anything for Clinton. People who didn't vote for Perot failed to elect Perot.

Same with Ron Paul. Those who vote for Obama Lite are voting against Ron Paul (and the change we need.)
__________________
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45   #6
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
not the squad,

but remember what Perot

did for clinton.
Remember what a weak republican candidate did for Clinton and Obama.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21   #7
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Remember what a weak republican candidate did for Clinton and Obama.
Mitt Romney is a younger, hipper Bob Dole. I can't include McCain even though he was a terrible candidate. He is a patriot.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:38   #8
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,070


Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
With pride and perseverance, I finally cast my votes today for Ron Paul for President of the United States and Richard Mourdock (vs. Dick Lugar) for Senator of the United States.

Now, it's up to the rest of you to make a difference.
When the results are in, please let us know how the candidates you voted for did.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:02   #9
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
not the squad,

but remember what Perot

did for clinton.
What did Perot do for Clinton in the primary?
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:15   #10
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
When the results are in, please let us know how the candidates you voted for did.
Will do. The Indiana results will be interesting and telling. In the Senate race, Mourdock was 10 points ahead four days ago in a very reliable local poll. Unfortunately, this news only served to stimulate a lot of last minute mud slinging and probably dirty tricks by the establishment in a desperate attempt to save Lugar's career.

On the presidential side, we had three candidates on the ballot: Romney, Gingrich and Paul. It will be interesting to see if our relatively conservative Republican population caves in for the frontrunner or lodges a protest vote as I have.
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30   #11
ted1
Senior Member
 
ted1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
What did Perot do for Clinton in the primary?
He took away enough votes to cause the Republicans to lose the white house the same thing will happen with Paul and give Obama his second term.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
ted1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41   #12
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Chuck TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 6,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
He took away enough votes to cause the Republicans to lose the white house the same thing will happen with Paul and give Obama his second term.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Not by running in the Primary.
__________________
"Come and Take it!" - Texans, October 2, 1835
Chuck TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:12   #13
creaky
Pamwe Chete
 
creaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Orion Spur
Posts: 3,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
With pride and perseverance, I finally cast my votes today for Ron Paul for President of the United States and Richard Mourdock (vs. Dick Lugar) for Senator of the United States.

Now, it's up to the rest of you to make a difference.
Excellent. The wife and I, after a period of reflection cast ours for Rick Santorum, as his platform most closely represented our thoughts on some of the major issues of the day. He lost of course, but we made our choice known.

Ain't America great?
__________________
Remember citizens: Across the federation, experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, and C: He wants us to win.
creaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09   #14
svtpwnz
Senior Member
 
svtpwnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
With pride and perseverance, I finally cast my votes today for Ron Paul for President of the United States and Richard Mourdock (vs. Dick Lugar) for Senator of the United States.

Now, it's up to the rest of you to make a difference.
Glad to hear you made it out to vote! I find myself leaning towards Ron Paul in the upcoming election in November. As much as many here hate to hear about him, he is the better cantidate hands down. People just aren't going to support him in fear of the hype that he can't win. So, they fall into the "Romney is still better than Obama and can win" crowd.

Romney is just a watered down version of Obama. I hate the fact that this flip flopping, gun grabbing, big government liberal is out there attempting to represent a party that is supposed to be promoting the direct opposite!

Last edited by svtpwnz; 05-08-2012 at 09:10..
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:23   #15
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
So, they fall into the "Romney is still better than Obama and can win" crowd.
The only quality Romney has over Obama, the fact that he's not Obama, is a quality all the candidates have.

It still baffles me how he was the one who was chosen as "able to win." Out of all the candidates except Santorum, including the ones who have dropped out already, Romney's probably the least likely to win.

It's McCain all over again. It's as if Obama has been given the option, in both elections, to hand-pick his opponent.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28   #16
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,070


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
The only quality Romney has over Obama, the fact that he's not Obama, is a quality all the candidates have.

It still baffles me how he was the one who was chosen as "able to win." Out of all the candidates except Santorum, including the ones who have dropped out already, Romney's probably the least likely to win.

It's McCain all over again. It's as if Obama has been given the option, in both elections, to hand-pick his opponent.
We should not let the little blue states go first, ever again.
1. Let the 10 most populous red states go first, by at least 2 weeks.
2. Reverse the current order.
3. Have all the states vote on the same day.


The current order almost insures that the most liberal candidate is chosen for both parties.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30   #17
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,589
The only reason Santorum, Gingrich et al dropped out is that they couldn't keep pace in the money marathon. You get a bottomless money pit organization like the Mormon church behind a candidate and truthfully, they can't lose. Sad but true. Think about that next time you choose to stay at a Marriott.
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35   #18
svtpwnz
Senior Member
 
svtpwnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
The only quality Romney has over Obama, the fact that he's not Obama, is a quality all the candidates have.

It still baffles me how he was the one who was chosen as "able to win." Out of all the candidates except Santorum, including the ones who have dropped out already, Romney's probably the least likely to win.

It's McCain all over again. It's as if Obama has been given the option, in both elections, to hand-pick his opponent.
I am just as baffled as you are my friend. I really don't get how Romney is the nominee given his record. He is truely in every sense of the word a RINO. The Republican party has steered so far away from the foundation that they were set upon by true conservitaves.

I am really having a hard time dealing with the thought that Romney is the one that the republican establishment has put in front of us. This is just an 08' rerun.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:39   #19
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
I am just as baffled as you are my friend. I really don't get how Romney is the nominee given his record. He is truely in every sense of the word a RINO. The Republican party has steered so far away from the foundation that they were set upon by true conservitaves.

I am really having a hard time dealing with the thought that Romney is the one that the republican establishment has put in front of us. This is just an 08' rerun.
The real question is, what are you going to do about it?
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:56   #20
svtpwnz
Senior Member
 
svtpwnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
The real question is, what are you going to do about it?
As much as I hate to admit it, I really haven't done much to this point besides voting. I really need to get out and more involved in throwing these establishment RINO leeches on their asses.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:57   #21
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
I can't include McCain even though he was a terrible candidate. He is a patriot.
No, he's NOT.

He's a lousy pilot who couldn't execute a slow rolling double scissor and sat his #$% in jail for it.

Ok, he sucked it up while there. That's about where it ended, My Friends.

He came home, got elected and drew up McCain-Feingold. Thrown out by the SCOTUS.

Despite all his so-called reputation as "Feisty", the one time he needed to fight, he didn't, and condemned us to the human wrecking ball.

He helped define the term RINO.

Just because you served honorably doesn't give you the right to come home and act dishonorably. I get nauseous everytime I see the bastard, and he's sticking his head up a little too much lately to remind us why we are where we are.

F him.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15   #22
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I really haven't done much to this point besides voting. I really need to get out and more involved in throwing these establishment RINO leeches on their asses.
Now you're talking!
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51   #23
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
We should not let the little blue states go first, ever again.
1. Let the 10 most populous red states go first, by at least 2 weeks.
2. Reverse the current order.
3. Have all the states vote on the same day.


The current order almost insures that the most liberal candidate is chosen for both parties.
If I remember correctly, McCain did horribly in the first few primaries last election. At one point it seemed he didn't have a snowball's chance. Then, some time later on, the other guys started dropping out like flies all around him.

I might be remembering incorrectly. I definitely remember being baffled as to how he ended up the eventual nominee. I don't think it was because the first few little blue states loved him.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 13:12   #24
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,876
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
We should not let the little blue states go first, ever again.
1. Let the 10 most populous red states go first, by at least 2 weeks.
2. Reverse the current order.
3. Have all the states vote on the same day.


The current order almost insures that the most liberal candidate is chosen for both parties.
This is a huge problem with the way we conduct the primaries. I'm sure the schedule is somehow planned to maximize campaign contributions.

The media also plays a big part in choosing the candidate. They worked hard for McCain in the primaries last time and turned on him as soon as he won the nomination.

They are being so sweet to Mitt right now. That will soon change.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 13:15   #25
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,876
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
No, he's NOT.

He's a lousy pilot who couldn't execute a slow rolling double scissor and sat his #$% in jail for it.

Ok, he sucked it up while there. That's about where it ended, My Friends.

He came home, got elected and drew up McCain-Feingold. Thrown out by the SCOTUS.

Despite all his so-called reputation as "Feisty", the one time he needed to fight, he didn't, and condemned us to the human wrecking ball.

He helped define the term RINO.

Just because you served honorably doesn't give you the right to come home and act dishonorably. I get nauseous everytime I see the bastard, and he's sticking his head up a little too much lately to remind us why we are where we are.

F him.
One of the few times I've ever agreed with you.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 949
285 Members
664 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42