Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2012, 15:32   #1
snerd

Pelosi: Gay marriage more important than elections

I'm glad this aberration isn't off-limits too!!
Quote:
"The statement that the president made was something that was the right thing to do for the country; it filled my heart with joy," Pelosi told reporters today. "We come here to do a job for the American people, not to hold a job . . . It's more important than any political consequences."

http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...ections/534656
Political Issues
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:37   #2
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Hold that thought, Nancy .......

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:44   #3
Alizard

At least Pelosi and Obama have come out and made a concise and definite stance on a controversial issue. Kind of refreshing after watching Romney tap dance, backpedal, and U-turn his way through life.

Quote:
Obama Should Go After Romney's Flip-Flops, Not His Extremism

May 9, 2012 So many choices so little time. This is the dilemma that faces the Obama strategy team. The choice they must make is whether to go after Mitt as a right-wing extremist or as a serial flip-flopper.

Trying to decide how to attack Romney is like trying to decide whether to have cake or pie for dessert. Campaign Obama is inclined to go after Romney as a right-wing extremist. I can certainly understand the temptation to go that way but there's a better way to skin the cat.

Romney supported the passage of a ballot question in Mississippi that would have banned virtually all abortions. This measure was so extreme that voters in one of the most conservative states in the union rejected it.

In Ohio, the presumptive GOP nominee supported the law which banned collective bargaining for public employees. Ohio is a presidential battleground state with 18 electoral votes and Buckeye voters killed that turkey by a two-to-one margin.

Romney, his budget buddy Rep. Paul Ryan, and the rest of the Republican mean machine support a plan to cripple Medicare. Their attempt to kill Medicare will not go over well in Florida, a haven for seniors which has the most electoral votes, 29, of any swing state. The same goes for Pennsylvania which has an aging population and 20 electoral votes.

I realize that I've just made a compelling case for attacking Romney's extreme positions. But painting Romney as a right-wing extremist doesn't have as much of an upside for Democrats as portraying him as a serial flip-flopper. Romney will backpedal from his radical positions so fast that reporters and conservatives will get whiplash trying to keep up with the changes.

My guess is that the presidential race will be close and turnout will be the key to victory. If Democrats go after Romney as a conservative extremist, they run the risk of energizing voters from the Tea Party and the religious right. GOP conservatives are lukewarm at best about Romney, so Democrats should let this sleeping dog lie.
But attacks against the former Bay State governor as a flip-flopper promise an even greater reward.

The new Romney takes a hard line against gay rights. But when Mitt Romney ran against Ted Kennedy in 1994, the Bain capitalist ran as a liberal. That was before Romney was a moderate and then a conservative. In a televised debate, Romney pledged to be as strong on gay rights as Senator Kennedy which is a very hard thing to do. But Romney was willing to give it a try.

But that wasn't the end of Romney's liberal period or his support for Ted Kennedy's positions. The 2012 version of Mitt Romney says he opposes a requirement that everyone has to buy health insurance. But as governor, Romney supported a healthcare reform law which became the prototype of Obamacare, mandatory coverage and all.

Another example of Romney's flexibility, some say hypocrisy, is the federal loan that saved General Motors. Romney opposed the loan to General Motors which saved hundreds of thousands of jobs in the Midwest. Romney bailed on autoworkers but he backed the banksters and billionaires when he supported the Wall Street bailout in the fall of 2008.

The biggest advantage of portraying the former Massachusetts governor as a serial flip-flopper is that Romney will help Democrats make the sale. Romney already has whipped out his Etch A Sketch to erase many of the positions he took during the primary campaign and replace them with freshly drawn stands.

Voters vote for people, not policies. Americans can stomach a leader with strong beliefs but they won't vote for a guy who doesn't have the courage of his convictions. Ronald Reagan's positions were too extreme for many Americans but they liked the former president because he stood up for his beliefs. I lived through Ronald Reagan's presidency and believe me, Mitt Romney is no Ronald Reagan.

EDIT TO ADD SOURCE:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...-his-extremism

Last edited by Alizard; 05-10-2012 at 17:55..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:47   #4
Lethaltxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
At least Pelosi and Obama have come out and made a concise and definite stance on a controversial issue. Kind of refreshing after watching Romney tap dance, backpedal, and U-turn his way through life.

With this horrible economy I really don't care where they stand.
The whole thing's a diversion and most rational thinking folks know it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:49   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

This wont save them.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:58   #6
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethaltxn View Post
With this horrible economy I really don't care where they stand.
My point is, at least you know where they stand.

Romney has more different positions than the kama Sutra.

Last edited by Alizard; 05-10-2012 at 15:59..
Old 05-10-2012, 16:33   #7
snerd

Quote:
You must be new around here. You should always give a source for your article, and never post the whole thing.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 17:52   #8
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
You must be new around here. You should always give a source for your article, and never post the whole thing.
If you don't have the original, how do you know I posted the whole thing?

Edited to add source.

Last edited by Alizard; 05-10-2012 at 17:57..
Old 05-10-2012, 18:43   #9
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Well, there you go again...
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 18:45   #10
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
If you don't have the original, how do you know I posted the whole thing?
Political Issues
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Old 05-10-2012, 19:01   #11
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
At least Pelosi and Obama have come out and made a concise and definite stance on a controversial issue. Kind of refreshing after watching Romney tap dance, backpedal, and U-turn his way through life..
They both flop more than a fish out of water. Again, you're completely out of your mind.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 19:57   #12
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:

At least Pelosi and Obama have come out and made a concise and definite stance on a controversial issue. Kind of refreshing after watching Romney tap dance, backpedal, and U-turn his way through life...
Another Obama supporter speaks out.

Well, at least this one doesn't pretend to be one of those "real conservatives" while he bashes Romney.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 20:14   #13
callihan_44
INFIDEL

they have to do this, they cant afford to have people talking about the jobs numbers-economy-food-gas prices-obamacare-fast and furious etc etc etc
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 20:20   #14
G22Dude

Quote:

Was there honestly ever a doubt about Obama's support for gay marriage. Really!!
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 20:30   #15
sbhaven

Quote:
And so what? Will it change anything? No. Did the President or Pelosi introduce any legislation today in concert with their latest stance on the subject? No. So in the grand scheme of things this is nothing but a political/media ploy designed to divert attention of the sheeple from the economy and poor jobs numbers.

Between now and November we are going to see these kinds of social issues put out by the media and Obama every few weeks in an effort to keep people's attention diverted from the real problems facing this country. Women's contraception/Sandra Fluck was just the first volley, this was the third since the Trayvon Martin story (ETA: white racism agenda) imploded once the facts the MSM ignored came out. There will be more.

Last edited by sbhaven; 05-10-2012 at 20:41..
sbhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 20:37   #16
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

Well, at least this one doesn't pretend to be one of those "real conservatives" while he bashes Romney.
Yes because Romney is a "real conservative".
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 22:14   #17
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

Real conservatives? Don't you want to rewrite the COTUS?

RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:13   #18
DonGlock26

Quote:

Didn't Obama flip flop?

_
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 13:35   #19
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Political Issues
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member