GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-11-2012, 13:25   #1
skippz

Fondled three guns today, will buy one...

Went to my lgs... Held a xdm 3.8 45, hk 45c, and an fn fiveseven... Narrowed it down to the hk or fn... Hk feels better in hand, plus its a tad more practical I would think. However I already have 2 ccw pistols, so I donno if I want to drop the $1k on another or if I wanna throw $1050 on a "fun" gun... As I'm sure the fn would be a hoot to shoot, and my wife would probably enjoy it as well. I don't have an ammo stockpile for either caliber, so once I decide I'll be buying up ammo, what do you guys think?
skippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 14:08   #2
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Be prepared for a cacophony of Five-seveN haters (most of whom have never touched one). I have one. I love it. Very cool pistol and fun, too. But, I love FNH guns. That said... I think I'd like an HK some day.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 14:25   #3
skippz

I'm not so much worried about everyone else.. I would like to shoot both though...
Old 05-11-2012, 14:31   #4
SigFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
Be prepared for a cacophony of Five-seveN haters (most of whom have never touched one). I have one. I love it. Very cool pistol and fun, too. But, I love FNH guns. That said... I think I'd like an HK some day.
What a junk gun!!! just kidding

I have shot the FN fiveseven and though it was a cool round, the gun ran very well. I just can't get past the cheap plastic look.(just my opinion)
Old 05-11-2012, 14:37   #5
TSAX
USAF Vet

Do they have one to rent and try. Id go with the HK, but thats my preference

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 15:18   #6
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Someone earlier asked me in a PM about the Five Seven. I previous owned one. I generally stay out of any Five Seven related threads on this site and many others. I have two PS90s (one is almost 6 years old now), and I've had a Five Seven Handgun.

However - the same anti 5.7 crew (who have NEVER even owned one) ALWAYS comes out the woodworks with the same garbage and outdated info. The threads always break down into name calling by them - each and every time.

I just stay out of the threads for the past 2-3 years, as it's just a disaster in the making if you hop on that train (try to be pro five seven on one of these threads).

In fact, I've said too much already

Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 15:42   #7
Bruce M

I'd go for the H&K - just sounds more practical.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 15:50   #8
skippz

Well, the hk probably is more practical, and it is nicer to hold, and I'm an hk fan... However I reckon fn makes a fine weapon too, and having 20 rds of ~2000 fps lead on tap is a huge plus, I don't care if it's a .22 caliber bullet or nay, 2 or3 of those babies in a kill zone and it's a bad day for somebody... And from what I hear it's fairly easy to get fast, accurate f/u shots... At any rate I'm gonna jump on one soon, just haven't decided yet
Old 05-11-2012, 16:10   #9
SGT_Calle

I own and love my HK45c. It is my only carry gun.
Seeing that you have other guns for carry I vote FN. They are crazy fun to shoot (but a bit pricey to feed). I fired one at my range that a guy offered, I'd love to own one but can't justify it on my budget, lol.
SGT_Calle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 16:16   #10
skippz

Well my other 2 carry pieces are 9mm (glock 19/m&p 9c)... Now there's nothing wrong with a 9, maybe I just wanna larger caliber in the hk 45c, I may even trade one of those two if I decide to go the hk route... Thanks for the help guys, keep em comin
Old 05-11-2012, 16:37   #11
GRT45
Transform & Win

Hickok45 produced two recent videos that may be useful to you if you haven't seen them already:

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 05-11-2012 at 16:41..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 16:59   #12
Gregg702
Gold Membership

If it is just for a fun gun, get the Five seveN. 20 round mags of 5.7 = fun.

Rimfire Club Member #702

Black Rifle Club Member #702
Gregg702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:00   #13
WarEagle32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I'd go for the H&K - just sounds more practical.
Agree with you as usual Bruce! The H&K is a lot more practical and a fine gun. Also, 45 ammo will be tons to find easier and most likely cheaper than ammo for the 5.7!
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:19   #14
SGT_Calle

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippz View Post
Well my other 2 carry pieces are 9mm (glock 19/m&p 9c)... Now there's nothing wrong with a 9, maybe I just wanna larger caliber in the hk 45c, I may even trade one of those two if I decide to go the hk route... Thanks for the help guys, keep em comin
This changes my opinion!
For a carry 45 I can't vote loudly enough for the HK. It is a bit bulky but I wouldn't carry anything else. I had a XD45c and liked it just fine but once I had saved enough I bought the HK.
SGT_Calle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 19:58   #15
TnGlocker12

Send a message via AIM to TnGlocker12
The HK45C is on my want list.
Old 05-11-2012, 20:33   #16
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!

HK45c. I have close friends that have all 3 guns you have mentioned. I've shot them all. Even the P90 rifle. Though the FN is cool with almost zero recoil, I don't like the thought of having limited place to go to buy ammo. If you're buying bulk online than it's a more even match between the two pistols.
Old 05-11-2012, 21:12   #17
bac1023

I love my FiveseveN, personally.

bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 22:10   #18
dnuggett
PRO 2A

Are you even trying to be practical? If you are going to get a plastic gun, that won't see carry use go with the FN.
dnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 22:44   #19
skippz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggett View Post
Are you even trying to be practical? If you are going to get a plastic gun, that won't see carry use go with the FN.
Whatd'ya mean? Should I not buy either?
If I drop the hammer on the HK it will def see carry use, if I go FN it will probably only come out on range days or camping/hiking trips... So I'm gonna go fondle some more Tuesday and probably make my decision then
Old 05-11-2012, 22:55   #20
dnuggett
PRO 2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippz View Post
Whatd'ya mean? Should I not buy either?
If I drop the hammer on the HK it will def see carry use, if I go FN it will probably only come out on range days or camping/hiking trips... So I'm gonna go fondle some more Tuesday and probably make my decision then
No not saying that at all. A statement was made about being practical. Who cares about practical? If you are trying to be practical, great. If not, great.

My point is if you are going to buy plastic and don't care about being practical then the FN is a fine choice.
dnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote