Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 23:36   #1
jollygreen
Senior Member
 
jollygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 919
I've decided, I don't give a rat's rip...

...anymore. Conservativism is dead as far as the White House is concerned. Jorge Busho was open borders and big, (and I do mean "big") government.

McLame was a joke.

Now Romney is more of the same, only worse. Homos adopting children? Are you freaking kidding? No way, fool. Screw it.

We're a bunch of slimy, stupid frogs sitting in the water, not noticing how hot it's getting.

I told myself I wasn't ever (after Jorge) going to hold my nose to vote for another RINO. Then I voted for that fool McLame.

No more.
jollygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 00:56   #2
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreen View Post
...anymore. Conservativism is dead as far as the White House is concerned. Jorge Busho was open borders and big, (and I do mean "big") government.

McLame was a joke.

Now Romney is more of the same, only worse. Homos adopting children? Are you freaking kidding? No way, fool. Screw it.

We're a bunch of slimy, stupid frogs sitting in the water, not noticing how hot it's getting.

I told myself I wasn't ever (after Jorge) going to hold my nose to vote for another RINO. Then I voted for that fool McLame.

No more.
Real honest conservatism has not been represented in the white house since RR.......but conservatism is certainly not dead in the heart of America. The elections of last week should have given you a little hope for change......() Conservatism will win if it's on the ballot.

This November, I'll vote for Romney........not because I actually want him as our president, but because I actually FEAR the alternative. You should consider doing this, too.

I really get tired of voting for a candidate because I really dislike the other candidate. All it takes is an awareness among the voting public about what's going on in this country to change things around. I really do believe that is finally happening......

Hang in there.......We need to use our heads in this election. Doing the right thing for America, once again, is to show up and vote against the worst candidate. Conservatism isn't dead, but it's importance is getting some momentum in public awareness, day by day......bit by bit.

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:45   #3
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Real honest conservatism has not been represented in the white house since RR.......but conservatism is certainly not dead in the heart of America. The elections of last week should have given you a little hope for change......() Conservatism will win if it's on the ballot.

This November, I'll vote for Romney........not because I actually want him as our president, but because I actually FEAR the alternative. You should consider doing this, too.

I really get tired of voting for a candidate because I really dislike the other candidate. All it takes is an awareness among the voting public about what's going on in this country to change things around. I really do believe that is finally happening......

Hang in there.......We need to use our heads in this election. Doing the right thing for America, once again, is to show up and vote against the worst candidate. Conservatism isn't dead, but it's importance is getting some momentum in public awareness, day by day......bit by bit.

ooc
That sentiment alone confirms the OP's statement.

Conservatism is dead.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:53   #4
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post

Conservatism is dead.
Evidence is to the contrary.

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10   #5
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreen View Post
...anymore. Conservativism is dead as far as the White House is concerned. Jorge Busho was open borders and big, (and I do mean "big") government.

McLame was a joke.

Now Romney is more of the same, only worse. Homos adopting children? Are you freaking kidding? No way, fool. Screw it.

We're a bunch of slimy, stupid frogs sitting in the water, not noticing how hot it's getting.

I told myself I wasn't ever (after Jorge) going to hold my nose to vote for another RINO. Then I voted for that fool McLame.

No more.

You say "no more" and you're fed up.
What are you going to do?

Not vote?
Vote for Obama?

Your criticisms of republicans is misplaced and full of overused clichés.

Instead of complaining like an old woman, why don't you tell us the solution to the problem. ...and be honest.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:34   #6
Paul7
New Guy
 
Paul7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 13,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreen View Post
...anymore. Conservativism is dead as far as the White House is concerned. Jorge Busho was open borders and big, (and I do mean "big") government.

McLame was a joke.

Now Romney is more of the same, only worse. Homos adopting children? Are you freaking kidding? No way, fool. Screw it.

We're a bunch of slimy, stupid frogs sitting in the water, not noticing how hot it's getting.

I told myself I wasn't ever (after Jorge) going to hold my nose to vote for another RINO. Then I voted for that fool McLame.

No more.
Obama will be glad to hear it. I only hope there are enough Democrats stupid enough not to vote for Obama because he isn't perfect.

Romney is clearly the rightward-most viable candidate.
__________________
“I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.” Obama to John R. Lott Jr. in a private conversation at the University of Chicago.

Last edited by Paul7; 05-12-2012 at 12:37..
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 13:41   #7
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,656


Ron Paul offered the country a shot at real conservatism in the White House and the country rejected it.

What do you expect?

People want their socialism: Social Security, Medicare, the "safety net", Unemployment Insurance.

So, they'll get it.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 05-12-2012 at 13:43..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 13:44   #8
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,656


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You say "no more" and you're fed up.
What are you going to do?

Not vote?
Vote for Obama?

Your criticisms of republicans is misplaced and full of overused clichés.

Instead of complaining like an old woman, why don't you tell us the solution to the problem. ...and be honest.
The solution was right in front of you.

Vote for Ron Paul and more politicians like him will appear.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 16:38   #9
The Machinist
No Compromise
 
The Machinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Ron Paul offered the country a shot at real conservatism in the White House and the country rejected it.

What do you expect?

People want their socialism: Social Security, Medicare, the "safety net", Unemployment Insurance.

So, they'll get it.
Now some Romney lapdog is going to come in and tell you that roads are socialism, in an effort to distract from the real debate, and justify their cowardice and lack of dignity. Or some genius will fire off with an absurdly stupid comment like, "Don't like the law? Get it changed."

There won't be another Ron Paul. This country completely missed the boat, and as our future grows dimmer, the lemmings will keep on marching to the polls to vote for the socialist dressed up as a Republican candidate.
__________________
Proud to be an infidel!
The Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 16:46   #10
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post

There won't be another Ron Paul. This country completely missed the boat...

A boat called the Titanic II, piloted by Capt. Ron Paul.

I just wonder who would have first priority in the lifeboats, the "real" conservatives, the anarchists, the potheads, the draft dodgers or the tax evaders?

JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 16:51   #11
The Machinist
No Compromise
 
The Machinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
A boat called the Titanic II, piloted by Capt. Ron Paul.

I just wonder who would have first priority in the lifeboats, the "real" conservatives, the anarchists, the potheads, the draft dodgers or the tax evaders?

Stop trolling threads, liberal. I've forgotten more about conservatism than you'll ever know. Stubudd was right about you. You have no capacity to examine the world in any truthful manner. You just double down on stupid, and hope your masters don't drop your leash.
__________________
Proud to be an infidel!
The Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 17:41   #12
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,632
Ouch! Rough crowd here in this thread. I thought RP supporters were all, you know....mellow.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 17:47   #13
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,598
Me too that's why I'm voting for Ron Paul. I'm not a sports fan so I don't care whether the red team or blue team wins.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 17:49   #14
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post

...I've forgotten more about conservatism than you'll ever know...

Your incessant bashing of Mitt Romney proves that statement true.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 20:09   #15
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,656


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
Stop trolling threads, liberal. I've forgotten more about conservatism than you'll ever know. Stubudd was right about you. You have no capacity to examine the world in any truthful manner. You just double down on stupid, and hope your masters don't drop your leash.
Damn. I wonder if that'll all fit in a sigline. Outstanding!

And dead on the mark.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 21:25   #16
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Damn. I wonder if that'll all fit in a sigline. Outstanding!

And dead on the mark.

......and don't forget the part where I'm right about Ron Paul.

JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 21:42   #17
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

I just wonder who would have first priority in the lifeboats, the "real" conservatives, the anarchists, the potheads, the draft dodgers or the tax evaders?

Children and the elderly would have priority in my boat as a Ron Paul supporter. Women next, that's just me being raised in the South.
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 22:40   #18
amd65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Coast of Ohio
Posts: 862
Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
Romney is an ass who will pander to whichever crowd will vote for him.
His appearance at "Liberty University" to bash gay marriage is classic.
I will not be voting for him.
Vote for Romney, and you won't just be a Republican lapdog...you will be riding on the roof of the limosene and "loving" it.
__________________
Strange things happen when worlds collide

Last edited by amd65; 05-12-2012 at 22:42..
amd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 00:45   #19
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 15,350
Four more years of Obama?
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 00:47   #20
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 15,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Ron Paul offered the country a shot at real conservatism in the White House
Ron Paul isn't a conservative.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:06.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,011
280 Members
731 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31