Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:11   #1
DOC44

Bristol Palin Has A Bone To Pick With Obama Over Gay Marriage

Reminds me of when Jimmy Carter said on national TV that he consulted his daughter, Amy, about nuclear warfare policies.

I had the same reaction then as I did now when obama referenced his daughters opinion on same sex marriage..... "WTF is this idiot doing?"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-gay-marriage/

Doc44
Old 05-12-2012, 06:30   #2
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Reminds me of when Jimmy Carter said on national TV that he consulted his daughter, Amy, about nuclear warfare policies.

I had the same reaction then as I did now when obama referenced his daughters opinion on same sex marriage..... "WTF is this idiot doing?"

Doc44
Same sex marriage has been rejected by the voters of this country repeatedly. These are people BHO represents.

I have a relative who supports gay marriage, and every time I ask why it must be called a marriage, the answer comes in the form of a question. As long as the same sex couples are not restricted any of their rights to their alternative lifestyle, and are given every single benefit of a married couple, except a marriage certificate.......what's the point behind their thinking that's not being discussed?

Well, I'll tell you what the point is: The real purpose behind the push to call marriage a union between other than one man and one woman, is that it's specifically designed to alter the traditional concept of marriage......in other words, to change the values and moral foundations of those who don't believe it's right to alter their foundational beliefs.

It has absolutely nothing to do with denying any rights or privileges, and everything to do with changing moral concept, or traditional values. This is something most people who hold traditional values and moral concepts do not wish to do, and this issue forces a national attitude that goes against the will of the majority of Americans.

There, you have it..........

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Last edited by hogship; 05-12-2012 at 06:34..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:33   #3
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Let the people vote on it in November.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:39   #4
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Let the people vote on it in November.
I would support a national vote on this issue......but, that won't happen with the gay rights activists. What they want is for government to change this for them......and avoid putting it to a vote.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:42   #5
rahrah12

Nuclear war policies...his stance on gay marriage...seems about equal...

Glad to know Brstol is for a traditional marriage...

Last edited by rahrah12; 05-12-2012 at 07:51..
rahrah12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:48   #6
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

I've got a better idea... Get the government out of the marriage business. No more tax deductions, etc. if you've proclaimed your love via marriage, that should suffice for property rights.

If gay folks can find a preacher willing to call them married, then who gives a rip? Take out the fed.gov and the Benny's afforded married couples, I will bet you this issue drops to near zero overnight.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:50   #7
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Bristol's picked a few bones in her day.

She gave up the right to moralize about sex when she had a child out of wedlock.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 05-12-2012 at 07:50..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:19   #8
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post

She gave up the right to moralize about sex when she had a child out of wedlock.
She acknowledges it was a mistake. Have you ever made one?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20   #9
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:

Doc44
From the mouth of babes, way to go Bristol. Let's hope we have another Palin to be a thorn in the left's side for a long time to come.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:34   #10
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
From the mouth of babes, way to go Bristol. Let's hope we have another Palin to be a thorn in the left's side for a long time to come.
Thorn? more like something to laugh at and possibly ********** to
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:42   #11
JBnTX
None

So much for keeping ones sex life in the bedroom.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57   #12
Gary W Trott
Prickley Fan

Quote:
Wasn't he making fun of Ted Kennedy for doing the same thing on some issue? Or maybe it was Kennedy making fun of him, I just remember the two of them going at it.
Gary W Trott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:12   #13
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
I've got a better idea... Get the government out of the marriage business. No more tax deductions, etc. if you've proclaimed your love via marriage, that should suffice for property rights.

If gay folks can find a preacher willing to call them married, then who gives a rip? Take out the fed.gov and the Benny's afforded married couples, I will bet you this issue drops to near zero overnight.
Could not agree more.

But until that happens, it's an equal protection issue.
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:15   #14
maxsnafu

Quote:

^^^Best idea I've heard all week.^^^
Old 05-12-2012, 11:33   #15
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I've got a better idea... Get the government out of the marriage business.
Not even remotely, logically possible. Non-sequitor.

A marriage creates legal entanglements. It's like forming a new corporation, legal joint purchasing power, fiduciary responsibility over bank accounts, credit, property ownership, joint liabilities, taxation, , inheritance, medical issues, responsibilities over bearing children, responsibility therefore, inoculations, school registry, liability for behavioral issues, etc. List is endless.

Therefore, someone has to produce metadata and define what marriage is, so we're all talking about the same thing, and there is no confusion. It used to be that we didn't grant special privilege to the mentally ill, we incarcerated them. There was no question what marriage was because it was obvious. Now we have to listen to the mentally ill have standing in arguing that marriage is something its not, in order to satisfy 3% of population in its moral bankruptcy, psychologically dysfunctional, anti-social desires to live like freaks.

Worse, its not even something compatible with that lifestyle. Hey, fish, here's your bicycle! Wait, what?

The whole concept is incompatible with a lifestyle that bends to the promiscuous. Even batched with that "LGBT nonsense…the "B" part. Bisexual? That's with both sexes. So, the next thing needed is to produce legislation that says groups of people can get married? Marriage is between 3 people? Why not 5? We can't have marriage constraining people to groups of 2, since that would UNFAIRLY WAH!!!) prevent a person who goes both ways from being with his other "attraction".

What a crock of s#$*!

Now if you don't define everything, people will start listing their dog as a dependent on their tax forms (it's happened) and someone WILL try to marry their dog, or pony, etc. The folks who say this is a slippery slope are absolutely right…gotta get it nailed down or someone will say, hey, if was between a man and a woman, now its two men, or two women, I'd like to be at one with my cat, or, hey this expensive vase from the Ming Dynasty has been in my family for so long, and we're already attached at the hip, so…

Don't laugh. Someone, somewhere, will try a "stunt", and some bozo judge with allow it and the next thing you know…

Set a definition, lock it down. Or else.

Last edited by G29Reload; 05-12-2012 at 11:48..
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:38   #16
automatic slim
Walmart Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Same sex marriage has been rejected by the voters of this country repeatedly. These are people BHO represents.

I have a relative who supports gay marriage, and every time I ask why it must be called a marriage, the answer comes in the form of a question. As long as the same sex couples are not restricted any of their rights to their alternative lifestyle, and are given every single benefit of a married couple, except a marriage certificate.......what's the point behind their thinking that's not being discussed?

Well, I'll tell you what the point is: The real purpose behind the push to call marriage a union between other than one man and one woman, is that it's specifically designed to alter the traditional concept of marriage......in other words, to change the values and moral foundations of those who don't believe it's right to alter their foundational beliefs.

It has absolutely nothing to do with denying any rights or privileges, and everything to do with changing moral concept, or traditional values. This is something most people who hold traditional values and moral concepts do not wish to do, and this issue forces a national attitude that goes against the will of the majority of Americans.

There, you have it..........

ooc
You are correct. You would be labeled a "bigot", and other things I cannot repeat here, if you lived here in NC. Ooh, and also a "hayseed"......
The only bigots I have seen on this issue are the lefties....talking violence too.

What a crappy chameleon.
automatic slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:38   #17
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
No, that doesn't deprive you of rights.

In fact, it may have made her an expert, since she's learned some painful lessons due to practical experience.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:10   #18
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
Thorn? more like something to laugh at and possibly ********** to
Must be why the nut left is so obsessed with the Palin's huh?
Old 05-12-2012, 13:13   #19
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary W Trott View Post
Wasn't he making fun of Ted Kennedy for doing the same thing on some issue? Or maybe it was Kennedy making fun of him, I just remember the two of them going at it.
I believe Jimmy went first and really made fun of it.

Doc44
Old 05-12-2012, 14:11   #20
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Same sex marriage has been rejected by the voters of this country repeatedly.
Really? Maybe in the redneck states, but across the entire country that statement is false. The current approval is 50 - 48 in favor of legal same sex marriage (Gallup poll)

Last edited by Alizard; 03-19-2014 at 16:32..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 14:14   #21
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Quote:

So if she murdered the unborn baby you would be all ears?
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 14:36   #22
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Five Oh View Post
So if she murdered the unborn baby you would be all ears?
Nice try.

Quote:
She acknowledges it was a mistake. Have you ever made one?
I didn't say it was a mistake. I implied that it was hypocritical.

As for my mistakes...sure I've made 'em, but I don't pretend that either my beliefs or my behavior in any way gives me the right to moralize.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 05-12-2012 at 14:43..
Old 05-12-2012, 16:09   #23
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
I didn't say it was a mistake. I implied that it was hypocritical.

As for my mistakes...sure I've made 'em, but I don't pretend that either my beliefs or my behavior in any way gives me the right to moralize.
You're doing so right now.
Old 05-12-2012, 17:25   #24
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
You're doing so right now.
Not true.
Old 05-12-2012, 18:24   #25
G22Dude

Quote:

If only the perfect may speak then we should all be silent.
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote