Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2012, 22:21   #1
twag4

SR22p is crazy accurate

My 14 year old son and I took out his SR22p again today after I drifted the front sight a little to the left. We couldn't get it zeroed real well with the adjustable rear sight. We had been shooting alot of steel targets and were both a little off. We had the rear sight way off centered to the right in order to hit targets- we always seemed to miss a little left as evident by the dirt splash in the berm. And when we painted the plates white, we noticed the hits were always left of center. I got to looking at the front sight and it was just a little too far right. I drifted it to the left and centered it on the slide, then centered the rear sight to start over with zero-ing the gun. It was dead on right away with no more adjustment. We shot today at a 25 yard outdoor range, we had steel targets set up at 10, 15, 20, 22.5, and 25 yards, and couldn't miss. There are pine trees overhanging the rear birm, and we were shooting all of the pine cones that had fallen into the range on the birm wall and just in front of it. Man this is a fun little gun. I cannot believe how accurate it is for such a short barrel. We have right around 1500 rounds through it and the slide shows absolutely no wear. The barrel has just a ghost of a smiley from the slide cycling, but I am impressed with the lack of wear. They have fixed any slide stop issues from the early guns. There is even a hardened steel pin set in the slide where the slide stop engages the slide that prevents wear in the aluminum of the slide. The little pin was shiny metal when new, and remains so, with no wear. The slide is still ALL black with no wear from the slide stop lever riding against it as early owners reported. Accurate, shoots Federal cheapo Wal Mart ammo problem free, durable, light- gotta love it. If I'm honest though, the trigger reset is weak, and the trigger takeup is mushy- even though it is not hard to find the trigger break point (I guess that is good enough terminology ). I'd estimate the trigger break is a bit under 4 pounds now that it is good and broken in. It is super easy to field strip and clean all but the frame, until I discovered that compressed air will clean it very well. So that little problem is solved. Anyone thinking about one of these should think no more and purchase one. My son and I really like his.
Old 05-14-2012, 13:57   #2
bac1023

Thanks for the info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 00:26   #3
steve1911

Sounds great.

1911club#410
Old 05-17-2012, 23:37   #4
Peter_72

Sounds very encouraging! We are getting our son one for his birthday.....I can't wait!
Peter_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 17:44   #5
ctfireman

I agree. I was shocked at how accuate it is.

Rest in peace Okie, your memory will live on forever.
ctfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 20:28   #6
twag4

Listen, it's no mark II with a worked trigger and heavy barrel, but for a lightweight short barreled semi-auto pistol- I am astonished at how good it is. Great fun!
Old 05-20-2012, 21:26   #7
SIGlock

I shot a rental Ruger SR22 at the range last month and its accuracy was horible. At 25 feet, the average 5 shot group was around 1.2" or larger. That's equivalent to around 4.0" at 25 yards. NOT GOOD.
Old 05-20-2012, 21:29   #8
SIGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
Listen, it's no mark II with a worked trigger and heavy barrel, but for a lightweight short barreled semi-auto pistol- I am astonished at how good it is. Great fun!
AACK conversion kit is more accurate and it has no heavy barrel, blah, blah, blah.

This SR22 is actually worst than my Walther P22.....which is not an accurate pistol to begin with.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:56   #9
twag4

Sig your experience is different. Mine is as I said. Properly adjusted sights might be the difference, who knows?
Old 06-10-2012, 15:13   #10
pck50

DOnt be on such a hurry I got one the first day at the range the slide was crushed up against the slide stop very substandard aluminium alloy they use on the slide .
Luckily Ruger did pay the shipping the there and back just that again unfortunately even though they did correct the problem semi they in turn additionally test fired the weapon before reshipping it back to me, meanwhile the all the edge of the slide bueiong was off, the slide in the section of where the slide holds it appears to have again a slight crushing look.
Never again will I ever buy a aluminum gun. Only solid steel or even Polymer NO more alloy junk.
In all honesty I did regret big time I didnt get something like a ruger single 6 or single 10 SA revolver that is made of completely solid stainless steel.
I will never recommend to no one a SR-22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_72 View Post
Sounds very encouraging! We are getting our son one for his birthday.....I can't wait!
Old 06-10-2012, 15:34   #11
pck50

Proof of The Ruger being completely Substandard.

If you like I can even email you privately a letter of repair for a broken slide on the ruger sr 22 its a pile of s____