Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:11   #21
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwglock19 View Post
At least this won't be like the mad max and postman where people had limitless ammo and everyone fired full auto. But if their using muskets, where are the caps being produced. These are not flintlocks but cap and ball. Also where wo0uld the powder be produced?
+1 I kind of laughed when some people thought they would still have ammo for their AK and AR 15 years after society collapsed.

I think after a year close to all boxed ammo would be shot up, and after 3 or 4 years even the most dedicated reloader and ammo hoarder would be out of bullets, primers, powder and usable brass.

When cops and criminal drop 100 rounds in a shootout, and military units use up thousands of rounds in a single firefight, there is no way there will be any ammo left 15 years after a society collapse.

Last edited by Bilbo Bagins; 05-15-2012 at 08:12..
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16   #22
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
Looks cool to me.
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:18   #23
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissthis View Post
I guess NBC thinks only muskets, crossbows and swords will be the only weapons left after 15years to use.....fools...

If/when it comes on NetFlix...I'll check it out...(no cable)
Most people have no idea how much ammo is in storage and how long it would last, including me. So, the average viewer is going to assume that most people have long ago run out of modern cased ammo. You can make lead balls and gun powder. I don't know how to make a case and I am assuming it is much more difficult.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52   #24
RatDrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Looks kind of like The Postman.
In so many ways, and probably just as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
+1 I kind of laughed when some people thought they would still have ammo for their AK and AR 15 years after society collapsed.

I think after a year close to all boxed ammo would be shot up, and after 3 or 4 years even the most dedicated reloader and ammo hoarder would be out of bullets, primers, powder and usable brass.

When cops and criminal drop 100 rounds in a shootout, and military units use up thousands of rounds in a single firefight, there is no way there will be any ammo left 15 years after a society collapse.
I doubt most people would survive long enough to shoot up their ammunition stash.
RatDrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:35   #25
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwglock19 View Post
At least this won't be like the mad max and postman where people had limitless ammo and everyone fired full auto. But if their using muskets, where are the caps being produced. These are not flintlocks but cap and ball. Also where wo0uld the powder be produced?
what unlimited ammo in (mad max). Max had "at best" 5 shotgun rounds which some of those wouldnt fire. He had maybe 3 or 4 m1 carbine rounds that he removed from a tribal necklace.

Last edited by FireForged; 05-15-2012 at 12:36..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 13:14   #26
ParisArms

Could be interesting. So after Marshall Law a new force will emerge? Maybe.

Last edited by ParisArms; 05-15-2012 at 13:17..
ParisArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 14:33   #27
Dexters

Quote:
Its funny, but between Falling Skies, The Walking Dead, and other shows like this, I find myself watching regular network TV series more then I did in a long time.
I'd watch it for awhile.

Just from the video - I don't like:
Everyone is just too good looking
Teeth very white & they have them all!

I'm guessing this is part of the "Global Warming" agenda - a group of people thought the only way to stop global warming was to cut of the power ...
Old 05-15-2012, 14:51   #28
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
I know, that is the first thing I said when I saw him. Its funny how he is typecasted as the bad guy. He seemed like such a mild mannered businessman in Breaking Bad until the whole box cutter throat slash / poisoning an entire cartel / trying to kill Walt incident.

Its good to see him working again.

Survival/Preparedness Forum
Business is business, eh?
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 21:43   #29
tim12232
Pistolero

Looks cool! Ill watch it, until NBC does something stupid and cancels it, like they did to the show Life a few years ago!
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 22:10   #30
Donn57
Just me

When I first heard about this, I thought is was going to be a "Dies the Fire" type thing where even gunpowder doesn't work. But if they have flintlocks or percussion weapons, then not having cartridge weapons doesn't make sense.

Why would they be reduced to percussion guns? Cartridge ammunition has been around for at long time. Why wouldn't they be able to make it the same way it was made back in the middle of the 19th century?

And I understand why modern gasoline engines wouldn't work, but what about steam engines such as those used in the Stanley Steamer? Has gasoline and kerosene lost its ability to burn in this future?

I'll be very surprised if this makes it through a full season.

Last edited by Donn57; 05-15-2012 at 22:11..
Donn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:43   #31
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
I think these shows are funny. 15 years with no electricity, civilization has broken down, they are down to bows and muzzleloaders, and EVERYONE is perfectly clean, manicured, and have perfect haircuts.......yeah.......
Your 100% correct, but come on its TV. What else do you expect.
If there is a lot of drama and some romance in it, most people don't think about the reality of the story. America's drama queens won't care.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 05-16-2012 at 04:47..
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:40   #32
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
If there is a lot of drama and some romance in it, most people don't think about the reality of the story. America's drama queens won't care.
+ remember when people bytched about that with Jericho. At some point having skinny, dirty people riding bicycles becomes lame when compared to having a good looking hero, drive up in his pickup truck to save a curvy female with flowing blonde hair.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07   #33
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Here is what I want to see in people:
- greasy hair
- shaved heads - no lice
- men with beards
- yellow teeth
- teeth missing from cavities and pebbles in food
- cripples - broken bones that were not set properly
- amputees - from infections
- dirty & ripped clothing
- pot marked children from small pox
- squinting people - no glasses
- shoeless people
- flies around people because trying to bathe in winter or cold rivers isn't something you want to do very often.

Now I know I can go to Alabama and see all that but we're talking TV here.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:38   #34
Lone Kimono

Hunting rounds maybe, but I could easily see people having .22, AK, and AR ammo 15 years down the line. I don't know how many rounds are here in Utah, but it's probably in the millions. If that much ammo is gone I can't see how there will be anyone left here alive.
Lone Kimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 13:04   #35
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
Here is what I want to see in people:
- greasy hair
- shaved heads - no lice
- men with beards
- yellow teeth
- teeth missing from cavities and pebbles in food
- cripples - broken bones that were not set properly
- amputees - from infections
- dirty & ripped clothing
- pot marked children from small pox
- squinting people - no glasses
- shoeless people
- flies around people because trying to bathe in winter or cold rivers isn't something you want to do very often...
Not me; give me good-looking people and scenery on TV. Living in Arkansas, we see more than enough toothless, gimped-up barefoot folks in real life. No point watching more of them on tv.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 13:35   #36
Lone Kimono

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Not me; give me good-looking people and scenery on TV. Living in Arkansas, we see more than enough toothless, gimped-up barefoot folks in real life. No point watching more of them on tv.
This^
If I want reality I'll watch the news. TV is my enjoyment time.
Lone Kimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 13:41   #37
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Well, if we are going that route. The women should look like Jessica Simpson.
Old 05-16-2012, 14:21   #38
Bravo 1
CLM Number 143
Serious Infidel

Quote:

You obviously have it figured out.

"Don't toy with me Ernie,I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper,I've got six armed men stationed outside Big Birds nest,and as for Linda? Well its rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assasin approach now isn't it?-Stewy
Bravo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 15:35   #39
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
Well, if we are going that route. The women should look like Jessica Simpson.
Simpson or Alba either one.

I'm happliy married, but my blood's still red...

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 18:47   #40
shotgunred
reloading nut

Seems silly when they can't make ammo but can make arrows that will fly straight and strings for compound bows.
Suddenly there are a lot of good sword smiths.
and motivated by pride and vanity.

Last edited by shotgunred; 05-16-2012 at 18:52..
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote