Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:31   #1
iamdougm

Advantage Arms conversion kit for Glock 26

Hello all, Wondering if ANYONE knows for ABSOLUTELY sure if an AA LE 26/27 kit will work on a Gen 3 AND/OR a Gen 4 Glock 26. The AA website says it will but everyone (darn near) selling them on Gunbroker.com says "will not work on gen 4". In other words, for gen 3 only.
TIA
iamdougm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59   #2
DJ Niner

I think the problem is that the subcompact kits WILL work on either a Gen3 or Gen4 frame, but all the other kits (for the larger guns) WILL NOT. From the Advantage Arms FAQ page:

( http://www.advantagearms.com/faqs.php )

Q: Will any conversion kit fit the new Gen4 Glocks?

A: No. You must use a kit that is marked for use on the Gen4 frame. For example, 17/22 Gen4, (see picture). Kits are currently available for the G17/22 Gen4, G19/23 Gen4 and 20/21 Gen4. DO NOT use any other Advantage Arms Conversion Kit on your Gen4 frame. SEE NEXT Q&A FOR INFORMATION ABOUT G26/27 AND G29/30 GEN 4 GUNS

Q: When will you have a kit available for the G26/G27 and G29/G30 Gen4 guns?

A: No special kit required for the G26/G27 or G29/G30 Gen4 guns. Our L.E. 26/27 conversion kit will work on all G26 and G27 frames, including the Gen4. Our LE 29/30 conversion kit will work on all G29 and G30 frames, including the Gen4.

I'm guessing the reason for this is the new Gen4 dual-spring Recoil Spring Assembly. It is larger in diameter than the old RSA, so the barrel, slide, and frame in the larger Gen4 guns had to be modified to make room for it. The Gen3 G26/G27 size guns already had a dual-spring RSA, so there were no changes to the barrel/slide/frame needed to accommodate a larger RSA; so, the kits will work with either Gen3 or Gen4 subcompacts.

Hope this was helpful.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:51   #3
iamdougm

I thank you a bunch. I had read that on the AA site also but, like I said, in every email I've sent, the dealers selling these kits say "It won't work on a Gen 4". I suppose the only to find out is buy one, see if it works, and report back.

OT but I wonder why Advantage Arms stopped putting them out on the market? Is the place on strike? They trying to jack up the price? I've always thought that when you have a great product, you manufacture it until the hell freezes over. Maybe I'm wrong.

Later all!
iamdougm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16   #4
Turbo Terry

I believe AA is a rather small company and to keep quality control in check they keep the company small and simple. I could be wrong but this is what I hear when I visit with other gun guys.
Turbo Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 19:36   #5
allegro

Contact them directly to be sure, but I believe that the info here in this thread is good.

G23.3 Carry, G19.4, Advantage Arms .22 Conversion, Ruger P89, Ruger Security Six .357, M&P 15, Ithica Model 37, Winchester Model 24, Ruger 10/22
allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:19   #6
Armymutt

I can tell you that the G26/27 kits works on the Gen 4. Got one in the mail yesterday and took it out today. I fired CCI mini mag HP and Remington Golden Bullet HP in the Walmart 550 pack with no issues, save one. Had the typical rimfire problem of a solid strike, but no ignition. Started the mag with 4 rounds so there wouldn't be as much pressure on the rounds. Moved it up to 10 after a couple mags. Worked flawlessly. Good luck finding one - that was the hardest part.
Armymutt is offline   Reply With Quote