Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:39   #1
snerd

Latest Global Warming Threat - Milk Poured Down Sinks

The sky is falling..............
Quote:
Wasted milk is a real drain on our resources, study shows

Milk poured down Britain's kitchen sinks each year creates a carbon footprint equivalent to thousands of car exhaust emissions, research shows

Milk poured down Britain's kitchen sinks each year creates a carbon footprint equivalent to thousands of car exhaust emissions, research shows.

Scientists say the 360,000 tonnes of milk wasted in the UK each year creates greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 100,000 tonnes of CO2. The study by the University of Edinburgh says this is the same as is emitted by about 20,000 cars annually.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-wmi051112.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43   #2
Mrs. Tink
Semper Fidelis

I have a touch of lactose intolerance, so when I have cereal I do this all the time. Oh noes!! My carbon "footprint" is way bigger than I thought!!

I kind of wonder who was paid to do these calculations.
Being a conservative and being a good leader is not enough for some people. They want to measure your principles by how harshly you criticize the people that disagree with you. There’s a technical term for that political strategy: stupid. ~State Sen. Shawn Mitchell, R-CO

Americans have put clowns in for government officials and wonder why this place runs like a circus. ~engineer151515
Mrs. Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45   #3
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tink View Post
I have a touch of lactose intolerance, so when I have cereal I do this all the time. Oh noes!! My carbon "footprint" is way bigger than I thought!!

Probably wasn't their milk industry.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 13:54   #4
W420Hunter

Send a message via AIM to W420Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to W420Hunter
if liberals are so worried about carbon dioxide, why don't they just stop breathing?
W420Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 15:05   #5
nmk

Quote:

Quote:
Dr David Reay of the University of Edinburgh's School of GeoSciences, who led the study...
There is a lot of current research into the impacts of our food industry funded by various sources (even in the food industry). As our population continues to increase the problems will increase. Locating inefficiencies in the system and finding solutions is a good thing.

Guess I'm a liberal.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 15:24   #6
Mrs. Tink
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
There is a lot of current research into the impacts of our food industry funded by various sources (even in the food industry). As our population continues to increase the problems will increase. Locating inefficiencies in the system and finding solutions is a good thing.

Guess I'm a liberal.
Leaders of studies rarely, if ever, do the grunt work.

"Finding inefficiencies" is one thing. But how are you going to cut down on the number of people who decide they don't feel like finishing their milk and dump it out? What would be the "solution" we'd have to "find" for that? Who is we?

I really don't know or care if you're a liberal. If you say you're one, then I guess you might be.
Being a conservative and being a good leader is not enough for some people. They want to measure your principles by how harshly you criticize the people that disagree with you. There’s a technical term for that political strategy: stupid. ~State Sen. Shawn Mitchell, R-CO

Americans have put clowns in for government officials and wonder why this place runs like a circus. ~engineer151515
Mrs. Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 16:06   #7
snerd

Quote:
...... But how are you going to cut down on the number of people who decide they don't feel like finishing their milk and dump it out? What would be the "solution" we'd have to "find" for that? Who is we? .....
A liberal's dream............ a milk monitor in every kitchen!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-14-2012, 16:07   #8
automatic slim
Walmart Shopper

So, what are we supposed to do with milk that goes bad? Will they take it at the recycling center? This sounds pretty serious...

What a crappy chameleon.
automatic slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 16:16   #9
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

Probably the same people that are going to study the effects of thunderstorms on the plains spreading pollution to the rest of the U.S. Don't worry though, this study only costs millions of dollars.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 16:17   #10
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
So, what are we supposed to do with milk that goes bad? Will they take it at the recycling center? This sounds pretty serious...
A spoiled milk tax and a government disposal system is the answer.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 16:19   #11
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
A spoiled milk tax and a government disposal system is the answer.
If you see something, say something.

Old 05-14-2012, 23:13   #12
W420Hunter

Send a message via AIM to W420Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to W420Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post

Guess I'm a liberal.
Umm so tell me if I am way off here. The way I see it more livestock means more feed crop being planted. More plants means more co2 turned into o2. So how does it not even out?
W420Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 23:41   #13
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

This says to me that I can quit milk and drive a lot more without guilt.

Global warming? Want a ride to the meetings?

Option: Kill the cows, it's for the planet.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote