GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 18:39   #1
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
Zimmerman Got Pounded "MMA" Style

According to the eyewitness, Martin had "mounted" Zimmerman's chest and was hammering blows down onto his head MMA style..... and there was no referee to stop Martin from killing him.

Witness said he went to call 911, heard a "pop", then saw the attacker on the ground.

I can't post quotes, so you'll have to read it yourself:

Witness Told Cops He Saw Trayvon Martin Straddling George Zimmerman And Punching Him "MMA Style"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...witness-758903

Last edited by Alizard; 05-17-2012 at 18:46..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 21:15   #2
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,040
Clearly SELF DEFENSE!!! All the evidence points to it! Simple facts. Zimmerman had the right to be where he was, and Trayvon started the fight- he could have just kept going but decided to fight Zimmerman. None of the crap saying Zimmerman profiled means ****! I see all charges found not guilty.
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 21:35   #3
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
If Zimmerman had a decent ground game he could have hip escaped and perhaps thrown on a triangle or something. No need for guns, just needed more time in the gym.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 00:43   #4
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
The more evidence they release, the more it supports Zimmerman's account of events.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:40   #5
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,371


True, but it would be nice to know if there was a witness that saw who approached the other, and who initiated the fight.

If there were a witness that could say, I saw the tall guy in the hoodie approach the short guy from behind, didn't see any guns drawn, the tall guy grabbed the short guy, they only talked for a couple of seconds, and the tall guy just started wailing on the little guy.

That would pretty much convince me. That seems to be the story from team Zimmerman. And it is interesting that everything being released in the first week had this guy as a white nutcase racist that hunted down a 12 year old boy for walking through his neighborhood. But now that some real journalists have started to look at this, Zimmerman turns out to be a likable Hispanic gentleman, TM grew about 4 feet, led a troubled life, and isn't so likable.

The released evidence so far supports GZ's account of events.

I can't wait for holder to go after the guys threatening GZ's life.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:26   #6
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 11,701
It would be nice to know how the confrontation started, but except for Zimmerman's account, I doubt that will ever be known.

It would also be unreasonable (not impossible) to assume TM beat Z knowing he was armed.......so, it's highly doubtful the handgun played any part in the altercation, except for the final instant.

Even while speculating that Z did something to bring on an altercation, it's hard to imagine that anything he might have said, or did, negates defending himself against a lethal threat.......I think.

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Rock'n'Roll, AC/DC & Elvis! Clings to religion & guns!
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34   #7
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
But now that some real journalists have started to look at this, Zimmerman turns out to be a likable Hispanic gentleman, TM grew about 4 feet, led a troubled life, and isn't so likable.
And Zimmerman is part black himself:


http://www.newsmax.com/US/zimmerman-...4/25/id/437099

Zimmerman Bought Gun for Pit Bull, Has Black Ancestors



Last edited by Alizard; 05-18-2012 at 12:36..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:55   #8
ModGlock17
Senior Member
 
ModGlock17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lalaland USA
Posts: 2,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
It would be nice to know how the confrontation started, but except for Zimmerman's account, I doubt that will ever be known.
...
Agree.

I would argue in court, as a response to special prosecutor's case, that

Zimmerman's alleged pursuit of Trayvon initially, as responsibility of a "confrontation" was given to Zimmerman, is irrelevant AT THE MOMENT Trayvon gained the upperhand and had the opportunity to walk away.

In other words, up until literally seconds before his demise, Trayvon had the power to WALK AWAY from a confrontation, but did not. Therefore, the responsibility of the confrontation can not be rested solely on Zimmerman.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 05-18-2012 at 12:56.. Reason: spelling
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 13:08   #9
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Agree.

I would argue in court, as a response to special prosecutor's case, that

Zimmerman's alleged pursuit of Trayvon initially, as responsibility of a "confrontation" was given to Zimmerman, is irrelevant AT THE MOMENT Trayvon gained the upperhand and had the opportunity to walk away.

In other words, up until literally seconds before his demise, Trayvon had the power to WALK AWAY from a confrontation, but did not. Therefore, the responsibility of the confrontation can not be rested solely on Zimmerman.
I will go further and say that Zimmermans statement on the recording "I don't know where he is" is credible as an "at the moment, un premeditated statement of fact" that being the case knowing where Zimmerman was in relation to where he told the 911 calltaker he was going to be to meet the officers would be interesting as well.

If any witness comes forth to confirm that Zimmerman was alone, even for a moment, and Martin returned and actually "confronted" Zimmerman, it is "game over, go to the locker room" for the prosecution.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 13:32   #10
Mr T
Senior Member
 
Mr T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 162
I still think he's going to get roasted. Unfortuanately. Cant have a justifiable self-defence go unpunished. Because the good of the many outweight the needs of the few. Dont want to have riots in the streets, like the King fiasco in LA.

Last edited by Mr T; 05-18-2012 at 13:34.. Reason: why not
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:18   #11
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
When he gets acquitted in state court the Feds will come in and bring civil rights charges, same as the King case. He will probably get convicted on those maybe not. Time will tell.

Last edited by Alizard; 05-18-2012 at 14:19..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:20   #12
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
If any witness comes forth to confirm that Zimmerman was alone, even for a moment, and Martin returned and actually "confronted" Zimmerman, it is "game over, go to the locker room" for the prosecution.
But there is no witness on that, if there was they would have had to disclose it.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:33   #13
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,040
Alizard
Yep the closest we have is the guy who saw Trayvon going MMA on Zimmerman- game over justified Self defense. They actually got the GF saying that Trayvon went to look for Zimmerman. She heard him engaging Zimmerman. And as I always said - if he was so scared why didn't he call 911 to report Zimmerman. Like all thugs he decided he was going to go MMA instead!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:52   #14
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
But there is no witness on that, if there was they would have had to disclose it.

See gunnuts post (above)

Besides, no, they wouldn't have "Had" to disclose it in public yet.


Have you seen how much was "redacted" in the printed records released recently?

Last edited by countrygun; 05-18-2012 at 14:54..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 15:21   #15
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
See gunnuts post (above)

Besides, no, they wouldn't have "Had" to disclose it in public yet.


Have you seen how much was "redacted" in the printed records released recently?
I didn't say they would have had to disclose it to the public. They would have had to disclose it to the defense.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:22   #16
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
I didn't say they would have had to disclose it to the public. They would have had to disclose it to the defense.

Well then how could you say


"But there is no witness on that,"

If as you agree, they do not have to release it to the public, how could you know there is no witness????
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:27   #17
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,520
Buy the time this gets to trial the fall elections will be over. Depending on who prevails what the justice dept. does.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:31   #18
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well then how could you say


"But there is no witness on that,"

If as you agree, they do not have to release it to the public, how could you know there is no witness????
The prosecution would heve to release it to the defense on discovery. If there was a witness supporting Zimm's claim that Martin accosted him, the defense would have released that information.

Last edited by Alizard; 05-18-2012 at 16:31..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:32   #19
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Buy the time this gets to trial the fall elections will be over. Depending on who prevails what the justice dept. does.
Not sure about that timing. The trial could be a lot sooner than you think. The prosecution will be pushing to get it started while the heat is still up.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:37   #20
Little Joe
Senior Member
 
Little Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At The Ready
Posts: 4,198
Let's say Zimmerman doesn't shoot and kill Martin that night. Martin finishes caving in Zs head. Does anybody really think the police are going to justify his actions because someone was following and watching him from a distance? That is preposterous.
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:32   #21
writwing
Senior Member
 
writwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
It would be nice to know how the confrontation started, but except for Zimmerman's account, I doubt that will ever be known.
That leaves us to judge the players by the life they lead. Looks like our parents were right when they told us to dress and act respectfully and to avoid trouble.
__________________
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. T. Roosevelt
writwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:43   #22
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
True, but it would be nice to know if there was a witness that saw who approached the other, and who initiated the fight.

If there were a witness that could say, I saw the tall guy in the hoodie approach the short guy from behind, didn't see any guns drawn, the tall guy grabbed the short guy, they only talked for a couple of seconds, and the tall guy just started wailing on the little guy.

That would pretty much convince me. That seems to be the story from team Zimmerman. And it is interesting that everything being released in the first week had this guy as a white nutcase racist that hunted down a 12 year old boy for walking through his neighborhood. But now that some real journalists have started to look at this, Zimmerman turns out to be a likable Hispanic gentleman, TM grew about 4 feet, led a troubled life, and isn't so likable.

The released evidence so far supports GZ's account of events.

I can't wait for holder to go after the guys threatening GZ's life.
Is Horatio Cane on the case yet? There's bound to be some sliver that proves it all beyond a shadow of a doubt. Should only take about an hour...

__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:46   #23
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
But there is no witness on that, if there was they would have had to disclose it.
Yes, they would... But not to the news media. Only pretrial and only to each party in the case. If I had that little nugget as Z, I think I'd play that one close to the vest.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:47   #24
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
I didn't say they would have had to disclose it to the public. They would have had to disclose it to the defense.
... Or to the prosecutor, depending upon who's witness it was.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:48   #25
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
The prosecution would heve to release it to the defense on discovery. If there was a witness supporting Zimm's claim that Martin accosted him, the defense would have released that information.
Why? I wouldn't until I had to.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:16.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,284
341 Members
943 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42