Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-17-2012, 18:39   #1
Alizard

Zimmerman Got Pounded "MMA" Style

According to the eyewitness, Martin had "mounted" Zimmerman's chest and was hammering blows down onto his head MMA style..... and there was no referee to stop Martin from killing him.

Witness said he went to call 911, heard a "pop", then saw the attacker on the ground.

I can't post quotes, so you'll have to read it yourself:

Witness Told Cops He Saw Trayvon Martin Straddling George Zimmerman And Punching Him "MMA Style"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...witness-758903

Last edited by Alizard; 05-17-2012 at 18:46..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 21:15   #2
Gunnut 45/454

Clearly SELF DEFENSE!!! All the evidence points to it! Simple facts. Zimmerman had the right to be where he was, and Trayvon started the fight- he could have just kept going but decided to fight Zimmerman. None of the crap saying Zimmerman profiled means ****! I see all charges found not guilty.
Old 05-17-2012, 21:35   #3
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

If Zimmerman had a decent ground game he could have hip escaped and perhaps thrown on a triangle or something. No need for guns, just needed more time in the gym.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 00:43   #4
Alizard

The more evidence they release, the more it supports Zimmerman's account of events.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:40   #5
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

True, but it would be nice to know if there was a witness that saw who approached the other, and who initiated the fight.

If there were a witness that could say, I saw the tall guy in the hoodie approach the short guy from behind, didn't see any guns drawn, the tall guy grabbed the short guy, they only talked for a couple of seconds, and the tall guy just started wailing on the little guy.

That would pretty much convince me. That seems to be the story from team Zimmerman. And it is interesting that everything being released in the first week had this guy as a white nutcase racist that hunted down a 12 year old boy for walking through his neighborhood. But now that some real journalists have started to look at this, Zimmerman turns out to be a likable Hispanic gentleman, TM grew about 4 feet, led a troubled life, and isn't so likable.

The released evidence so far supports GZ's account of events.

I can't wait for holder to go after the guys threatening GZ's life.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:26   #6
hogship
It's MY Island

It would be nice to know how the confrontation started, but except for Zimmerman's account, I doubt that will ever be known.

It would also be unreasonable (not impossible) to assume TM beat Z knowing he was armed.......so, it's highly doubtful the handgun played any part in the altercation, except for the final instant.

Even while speculating that Z did something to bring on an altercation, it's hard to imagine that anything he might have said, or did, negates defending himself against a lethal threat.......I think.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34   #7
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
But now that some real journalists have started to look at this, Zimmerman turns out to be a likable Hispanic gentleman, TM grew about 4 feet, led a troubled life, and isn't so likable.
And Zimmerman is part black himself:

http://www.newsmax.com/US/zimmerman-...4/25/id/437099

Zimmerman Bought Gun for Pit Bull, Has Black Ancestors

Last edited by Alizard; 05-18-2012 at 12:36..
Old 05-18-2012, 12:55   #8
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
It would be nice to know how the confrontation started, but except for Zimmerman's account, I doubt that will ever be known.
Agree.

I would argue in court, as a response to special prosecutor's case, that

Zimmerman's alleged pursuit of Trayvon initially, as responsibility of a "confrontation" was given to Zimmerman, is irrelevant AT THE MOMENT Trayvon gained the upperhand and had the opportunity to walk away.

In other words, up until literally seconds before his demise, Trayvon had the power to WALK AWAY from a confrontation, but did not. Therefore, the responsibility of the confrontation can not be rested solely on Zimmerman.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 05-18-2012 at 12:56.. Reason: spelling
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 13:08   #9
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Agree.

I would argue in court, as a response to special prosecutor's case, that

Zimmerman's alleged pursuit of Trayvon initially, as responsibility of a "confrontation" was given to Zimmerman, is irrelevant AT THE MOMENT Trayvon gained the upperhand and had the opportunity to walk away.

In other words, up until literally seconds before his demise, Trayvon had the power to WALK AWAY from a confrontation, but did not. Therefore, the responsibility of the confrontation can not be rested solely on Zimmerman.
I will go further and say that Zimmermans statement on the recording "I don't know where he is" is credible as an "at the moment, un premeditated statement of fact" that being the case knowing where Zimmerman was in relation to where he told the 911 calltaker he was going to be to meet the officers would be interesting as well.

If any witness comes forth to confirm that Zimmerman was alone, even for a moment, and Martin returned and actually "confronted" Zimmerman, it is "game over, go to the locker room" for the prosecution.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 13:32   #10
Mr T

I still think he's going to get roasted. Unfortuanately. Cant have a justifiable self-defence go unpunished. Because the good of the many outweight the needs of the few. Dont want to have riots in the streets, like the King fiasco in LA.

Last edited by Mr T; 05-18-2012 at 13:34.. Reason: why not
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:18   #11
Alizard

When he gets acquitted in state court the Feds will come in and bring civil rights charges, same as the King case. He will probably get convicted on those maybe not. Time will tell.

Last edited by Alizard; 05-18-2012 at 14:19..
Old 05-18-2012, 14:20   #12
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
If any witness comes forth to confirm that Zimmerman was alone, even for a moment, and Martin returned and actually "confronted" Zimmerman, it is "game over, go to the locker room" for the prosecution.
But there is no witness on that, if there was they would have had to disclose it.
Old 05-18-2012, 14:33   #13
Gunnut 45/454

Alizard
Yep the closest we have is the guy who saw Trayvon going MMA on Zimmerman- game over justified Self defense. They actually got the GF saying that Trayvon went to look for Zimmerman. She heard him engaging Zimmerman. And as I always said - if he was so scared why didn't he call 911 to report Zimmerman. Like all thugs he decided he was going to go MMA instead!
Old 05-18-2012, 14:52   #14
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
But there is no witness on that, if there was they would have had to disclose it.

See gunnuts post (above)

Besides, no, they wouldn't have "Had" to disclose it in public yet.

Have you seen how much was "redacted" in the printed records released recently?

Last edited by countrygun; 05-18-2012 at 14:54..
Old 05-18-2012, 15:21   #15
Alizard

Quote:
See gunnuts post (above)

Besides, no, they wouldn't have "Had" to disclose it in public yet.

Have you seen how much was "redacted" in the printed records released recently?
I didn't say they would have had to disclose it to the public. They would have had to disclose it to the defense.
Old 05-18-2012, 16:22   #16
countrygun

Quote:
I didn't say they would have had to disclose it to the public. They would have had to disclose it to the defense.

Well then how could you say

"But there is no witness on that,"

If as you agree, they do not have to release it to the public, how could you know there is no witness????
Old 05-18-2012, 16:27   #17
Bruce H

Buy the time this gets to trial the fall elections will be over. Depending on who prevails what the justice dept. does.
Old 05-18-2012, 16:31   #18
Alizard

Quote:
Well then how could you say

"But there is no witness on that,"

If as you agree, they do not have to release it to the public, how could you know there is no witness????
The prosecution would heve to release it to the defense on discovery. If there was a witness supporting Zimm's claim that Martin accosted him, the defense would have released that information.

Last edited by Alizard; 05-18-2012 at 16:31..
Old 05-18-2012, 16:32   #19
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Buy the time this gets to trial the fall elections will be over. Depending on who prevails what the justice dept. does.
Not sure about that timing. The trial could be a lot sooner than you think. The prosecution will be pushing to get it started while the heat is still up.
Old 05-18-2012, 16:37   #20
Little Joe

Let's say Zimmerman doesn't shoot and kill Martin that night. Martin finishes caving in Zs head. Does anybody really think the police are going to justify his actions because someone was following and watching him from a distance? That is preposterous.
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:32   #21
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
That leaves us to judge the players by the life they lead. Looks like our parents were right when they told us to dress and act respectfully and to avoid trouble.
Old 05-18-2012, 21:43   #22
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
True, but it would be nice to know if there was a witness that saw who approached the other, and who initiated the fight.

If there were a witness that could say, I saw the tall guy in the hoodie approach the short guy from behind, didn't see any guns drawn, the tall guy grabbed the short guy, they only talked for a couple of seconds, and the tall guy just started wailing on the little guy.

That would pretty much convince me. That seems to be the story from team Zimmerman. And it is interesting that everything being released in the first week had this guy as a white nutcase racist that hunted down a 12 year old boy for walking through his neighborhood. But now that some real journalists have started to look at this, Zimmerman turns out to be a likable Hispanic gentleman, TM grew about 4 feet, led a troubled life, and isn't so likable.

The released evidence so far supports GZ's account of events.

I can't wait for holder to go after the guys threatening GZ's life.
Is Horatio Cane on the case yet? There's bound to be some sliver that proves it all beyond a shadow of a doubt. Should only take about an hour...

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:46   #23
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Yes, they would... But not to the news media. Only pretrial and only to each party in the case. If I had that little nugget as Z, I think I'd play that one close to the vest.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 21:47   #24
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
... Or to the prosecutor, depending upon who's witness it was.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 21:48   #25
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
The prosecution would heve to release it to the defense on discovery. If there was a witness supporting Zimm's claim that Martin accosted him, the defense would have released that information.
Why? I wouldn't until I had to.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!