GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01   #1
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle
 
Goaltender66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Under the cultural penumbra of DC
Posts: 14,706
Ron Paulís candidacy as told by supporters in our comments section

I don't normally like Time Magazine, but this post in Time's Swampland blog had me chuckling from the first paragraph.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/16...ments-section/

The Story of Ron Paulís Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section


Quote:
Most people have hobbies: golf, model trains, restoring old cars, whatever. A year after Ron Paul announced his Republican presidential bid, I have concluded that his supporters must not do these things. They canít possibly have the time. While others are at rest or at play, Paulís supporters are on the Internet, googling his name and diving into the comments sections of news articles to register their opinions. Maybe itís a measure of their dedication or their web savvy, or both. I donít know. But they always show up, sometimes 500 or 600 in force or more. And since they often complain about the media giving their guy short shrift, I thought Iíd give them a chance to tell Paulís story, now that itís in its last chapter. (There, the media just did it again.) What follows is a collection of comments, culled from TIMEís archive, that span the epoch of Ron Paul 2012.
__________________
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33   #2
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,874
Who's Ron Paul?
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39   #3
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


FINALLY, a thread about Ron Paul!!!!!!! Just in time....


Political Issues
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:12   #4
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,136
He didn't suspend his campaign! He's just not campaigning anymore!
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19   #5
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


You can't count virtual delegates while real delegates are still bound and gagged.

It's strategery beyond your comprehension!
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:24   #6
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,136
Article was a scream. Reminds me of this forum. You can almost catalogue the personality types.

Wonder if G19G20 will chime in...
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:27   #7
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post

http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/16...ments-section/

The Story of Ron Paulís Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section
Here's another:


Quote:
Iím a full time digital artist. I work on Games, movies, eviroment [sic] art, you time it. Iím a busy person. That said googling ron paul once a week and leaving a few comments does not get in the way of me playing starcraft2 and EVE, and doing my own personal projects and playing Tactics orge when I go to bed. Oh and Iím married and have to take care of our 3 pet bunnies. Oh right and I support ron paul because everyone else is MORE of a nut case. -Jaron DiTommaso
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:29   #8
lancesorbenson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 701
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor? Shouldn't you guys be extolling the virtues of the Yankee progressive in magic underwear? I'll be supporting the good doctor as far as he goes, as I refuse to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-mandate, pro gay adoption "conservative" who doesn't think anyone should own "assault weapons."
lancesorbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:32   #9
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373






Political Issues


ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:37   #10
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle
 
Goaltender66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Under the cultural penumbra of DC
Posts: 14,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesorbenson View Post
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor? Shouldn't you guys be extolling the virtues of the Yankee progressive in magic underwear? I'll be supporting the good doctor as far as he goes, as I refuse to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-mandate, pro gay adoption "conservative" who doesn't think anyone should own "assault weapons."
I posted not to make fun of Paul, but rather the Ronulan-types who, as the blog mentions, swarm at the drop of a hat.

I mean, honestly...who couldn't find this fellow funny:
Quote:
The fact that this article has more comments than the previous 6 combined just shows the fact that Ron Paul is winning, can win and will win. And journalists like Alex Altman will go in prison once things turn around. -SlickR
__________________
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:42   #11
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesorbenson View Post
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor?
Your vote doesn't matter, all of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney.


This is a Ron Paul thread, not a Mitt Romney thread.
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 13:14   #12
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Article was a scream. Reminds me of this forum. You can almost catalogue the personality types.

Wonder if G19G20 will chime in...
Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around.

Article is pretty accurate. I don't know how funny it is, per se, but it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride of the campaign so far and pointing out the media's clear bias against Paul in this election. I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate but I've come to accept that folks like you only respect movements where everybody thinks the same, looks the same, and acts the same.

Still waiting to hear why I should vote for Romney instead of voting against Obama. Didn't see that in the article anywhere. Leave it to the lefty media to continue to make fun of the supporters of the last conservative candidate standing against Romney....
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 05-18-2012 at 13:17..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:25   #13
G-19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around.

Article is pretty accurate. I don't know how funny it is, per se, but it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride of the campaign so far and pointing out the media's clear bias against Paul in this election. I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate but I've come to accept that folks like you only respect movements where everybody thinks the same, looks the same, and acts the same.

Still waiting to hear why I should vote for Romney instead of voting against Obama. Didn't see that in the article anywhere. Leave it to the lefty media to continue to make fun of the supporters of the last conservative candidate standing against Romney....
No, you just can't stand the fact that everyone don't think, look and act like you do. That is the problem with RP supporters. You are intolerant of others that might have a different opinion, and go straight to attack mode when someone voices a different opinion. That is why you were not taken seriously. Once again his supporters are Paul's worst enemies. To bad your egos will not let you accept that, but it is the truth.

I know you can't stand the fact that it is "Majority Rules" in this country, but that is the way it is. I know it kills you that we just don't bow down and let you "enlightened" few rule the rest of us. Contrary to your wishes everyone gets to vote, even women, the unemployed, EVERYONE; we all get a say. That elitist mentality is what has turned main street against you. Just because you may have money does not mean you get to make the rules, and that just kills you.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:30   #14
lancesorbenson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Your vote doesn't matter, all of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney.


This is a Ron Paul thread, not a Mitt Romney thread.
Can I use that next time one of guys chimes in with the old Obama thanks you for your vote idiocy?
lancesorbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:31   #15
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post

I know you can't stand the fact that it is "Majority Rules" in this country, but that is the way it is.
You damn right I can't stand it and one day with things you favor are in the minority you might understand. One of the basic principles of our system is that the "majority" can not vote away the rights of the minority checks and balances.

Last edited by RC-RAMIE; 05-18-2012 at 14:31..
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:33   #16
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesorbenson View Post
Can I use that next time one of guys chimes in with the old Obama thanks you for your vote idiocy?
Only if you are voting in Louisiana, and doing nothing to help Obama elsewhere.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:36   #17
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
That is the problem with RP supporters. You are intolerant of others that might have a different opinion, and go straight to attack mode when someone voices a different opinion. That is why you were not taken seriously. Once again his supporters are Paul's worst enemies. To bad your egos will not let you accept that, but it is the truth.

.

Why do you hate the constitution?

That's the line I watch for!
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:38   #18
geo57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post




Political Issues



Pure Gold and an A+ for creativity . Thanks for the chuckle.
geo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:56   #19
G-19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
You damn right I can't stand it and one day with things you favor are in the minority you might understand. One of the basic principles of our system is that the "majority" can not vote away the rights of the minority checks and balances.
To late, abortion is legal, gay marriage is a fact of life in several states, pot is legal in CA. These are just some of the things that I am against, but the majority were not. Now I have to live with the consequences. I truly believe that the loss of biblical morals is why this country is failing. We (as a country) have turned our backs on GOD, and now he is turning HIS on us. We wanted to do it our way and he let us, and we have made a mess of it. The majority voted GOD out, now we all will suffer.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 15:06   #20
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around.
Its just that you're such a source of amusement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I don't know how funny it is,
Most things seem to get by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride


Basement tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate
RP supporters are about as monomaniacal as they get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
movements where everybody thinks the same,
Pot meets kettleÖ


Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
last conservative candidate standing against Romney....
Romney's the last candidate standing. Not exactly conservative but he'll do.

Yours is broke and no longer campaigning. From being so successful with his diverse group of supporters, of course.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:20   #21
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Romney's the last candidate standing. Not exactly conservative but he'll do.
And that's why you fail. And the GOP fails.


Quote:
Yours is broke and no longer campaigning. From being so successful with his diverse group of supporters, of course.
Take a quick peek at Paul's campaign front page. http://www.ronpaul2012.com

See that big number staring you in the face? The $645,000 one? Yeah, that's been raised in the last 36 hours online. All the candidates you've been cheerleading for are not only broke but deeply in debt. You sound like a fool, talking about who's "broke". Your uninformed trolling is getting tired.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 05-18-2012 at 16:22..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:38   #22
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
And that's why you fail. And the GOP fails.
LAtest poll has Romney up by 8 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Take a quick peek at Paul's campaign front page.
Nope. Not giving him the page hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
See that big number staring you in the face?
No! I'm not going to your fanbook page or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
The $645,000 one? Yeah, that's been raised in the last 36 hours online.
didn't know there were that many fools out there. People continuing to mail cash to a failed candidacy.

Actually, 645k in a day and a half isn't that much. BHO got twice that in the first hour after saying he was for *** marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
All the candidates you've been cheerleading
Never a cheerleader for any of em. Just stated what I could live with over the current tyrant. Who you seem hellbent on re-electing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
are not only broke but deeply in debt.
Just gingrich. Romney personally is worth a quarter billion. He won't have to strap his dog to the roof again, any time soon. He's flush , in fact. So, you again prove you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
You sound like a fool, talking about who's "broke". Your uninformed trolling is getting tired.
Naughty naughty with the personal attacks. Sorry your guy lost, the writing was on the wall a long time ago. But the road to hell is paved with failed candidacies.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 16:55   #23
Mrs. Tink
Semper Fidelis
 
Mrs. Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,693
In a previous thread, I opined that the nastiness against Ron Paul supporters will not make them decide that they need to "get on board" and vote Romney. I got a little nastiness directed my way, i.e. "I can't believe you just said that," etc. Let's face it: Romney needs Ron Paul supporters a lot more than they need him. So-called "mainstream conservatives" who like to have a lot of fun at the expense of Ron Paul and his supporters are doing everything they can to ensure that these guys won't vote Romney.

Before you say "Oh, whatever, Paul supporters would NEVER have voted Romney," that is a sweeping assumption that is incorrect and costly. Wonder if you are having too much fun roasting Paul to realize it.
__________________
Being a conservative and being a good leader is not enough for some people. They want to measure your principles by how harshly you criticize the people that disagree with you. Thereís a technical term for that political strategy: stupid. ~State Sen. Shawn Mitchell, R-CO

Americans have put clowns in for government officials and wonder why this place runs like a circus. ~engineer151515
Mrs. Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 17:10   #24
geo57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tink View Post
In a previous thread, I opined that the nastiness against Ron Paul supporters will not make them decide that they need to "get on board" and vote Romney. I got a little nastiness directed my way, i.e. "I can't believe you just said that," etc. Let's face it: Romney needs Ron Paul supporters a lot more than they need him. So-called "mainstream conservatives" who like to have a lot of fun at the expense of Ron Paul and his supporters are doing everything they can to ensure that these guys won't vote Romney.

Before you say "Oh, whatever, Paul supporters would NEVER have voted Romney," that is a sweeping assumption that is incorrect and costly. Wonder if you are having too much fun roasting Paul to realize it.
What you define as " nasty " comments your way were deserved in the fact that you were scolding non Paul fans while all the while completely turning a blind eye to the constant crappola you Paul fans dish out to anyone who isn't a fanboy. And once again you are repeating that . It's irony in it's purest form and it all went over your head.

It's good to know that people would be wrong to assume that the vast majority of Paul fans won't vote for Romney and will support him in Nov. . I take it then that Romney will have your full support and in turn you will make every effort in trying to convince your fellow Paul fans to do likewise here and in person ?

Last edited by geo57; 05-18-2012 at 17:19..
geo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 17:35   #25
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Too many Ronulan trolls have already admitted that they will support Obama against Romney, so I'm not kissing up to them.
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:13.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,431
400 Members
1,031 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42