SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:01   #1
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Ron Paulís candidacy as told by supporters in our comments section

I don't normally like Time Magazine, but this post in Time's Swampland blog had me chuckling from the first paragraph.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/16...ments-section/

The Story of Ron Paulís Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section

Quote:
Most people have hobbies: golf, model trains, restoring old cars, whatever. A year after Ron Paul announced his Republican presidential bid, I have concluded that his supporters must not do these things. They canít possibly have the time. While others are at rest or at play, Paulís supporters are on the Internet, googling his name and diving into the comments sections of news articles to register their opinions. Maybe itís a measure of their dedication or their web savvy, or both. I donít know. But they always show up, sometimes 500 or 600 in force or more. And since they often complain about the media giving their guy short shrift, I thought Iíd give them a chance to tell Paulís story, now that itís in its last chapter. (There, the media just did it again.) What follows is a collection of comments, culled from TIMEís archive, that span the epoch of Ron Paul 2012.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Who's Ron Paul?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39   #3
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

FINALLY, a thread about Ron Paul!!!!!!! Just in time....

Political Issues
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:12   #4
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

He didn't suspend his campaign! He's just not campaigning anymore!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19   #5
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

You can't count virtual delegates while real delegates are still bound and gagged.

It's strategery beyond your comprehension!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:24   #6
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Article was a scream. Reminds me of this forum. You can almost catalogue the personality types.

Wonder if G19G20 will chime in...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:27   #7
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post

http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/16...ments-section/

The Story of Ron Paulís Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section
Here's another:

Quote:
Iím a full time digital artist. I work on Games, movies, eviroment [sic] art, you time it. Iím a busy person. That said googling ron paul once a week and leaving a few comments does not get in the way of me playing starcraft2 and EVE, and doing my own personal projects and playing Tactics orge when I go to bed. Oh and Iím married and have to take care of our 3 pet bunnies. Oh right and I support ron paul because everyone else is MORE of a nut case. -Jaron DiTommaso
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
Old 05-18-2012, 12:29   #8
lancesorbenson

You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor? Shouldn't you guys be extolling the virtues of the Yankee progressive in magic underwear? I'll be supporting the good doctor as far as he goes, as I refuse to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-mandate, pro gay adoption "conservative" who doesn't think anyone should own "assault weapons."
lancesorbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:32   #9
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Political Issues

Old 05-18-2012, 12:37   #10
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesorbenson View Post
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor? Shouldn't you guys be extolling the virtues of the Yankee progressive in magic underwear? I'll be supporting the good doctor as far as he goes, as I refuse to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-mandate, pro gay adoption "conservative" who doesn't think anyone should own "assault weapons."
I posted not to make fun of Paul, but rather the Ronulan-types who, as the blog mentions, swarm at the drop of a hat.

I mean, honestly...who couldn't find this fellow funny:
Quote:
The fact that this article has more comments than the previous 6 combined just shows the fact that Ron Paul is winning, can win and will win. And journalists like Alex Altman will go in prison once things turn around. -SlickR
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:42   #11
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor?
Your vote doesn't matter, all of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney.

This is a Ron Paul thread, not a Mitt Romney thread.
Old 05-18-2012, 13:14   #12
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Article was a scream. Reminds me of this forum. You can almost catalogue the personality types.

Wonder if G19G20 will chime in...
Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around.

Article is pretty accurate. I don't know how funny it is, per se, but it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride of the campaign so far and pointing out the media's clear bias against Paul in this election. I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate but I've come to accept that folks like you only respect movements where everybody thinks the same, looks the same, and acts the same.

Still waiting to hear why I should vote for Romney instead of voting against Obama. Didn't see that in the article anywhere. Leave it to the lefty media to continue to make fun of the supporters of the last conservative candidate standing against Romney....

Last edited by G19G20; 05-18-2012 at 13:17..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:25   #13
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post

Article is pretty accurate. I don't know how funny it is, per se, but it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride of the campaign so far and pointing out the media's clear bias against Paul in this election. I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate but I've come to accept that folks like you only respect movements where everybody thinks the same, looks the same, and acts the same.

Still waiting to hear why I should vote for Romney instead of voting against Obama. Didn't see that in the article anywhere. Leave it to the lefty media to continue to make fun of the supporters of the last conservative candidate standing against Romney....
No, you just can't stand the fact that everyone don't think, look and act like you do. That is the problem with RP supporters. You are intolerant of others that might have a different opinion, and go straight to attack mode when someone voices a different opinion. That is why you were not taken seriously. Once again his supporters are Paul's worst enemies. To bad your egos will not let you accept that, but it is the truth.

I know you can't stand the fact that it is "Majority Rules" in this country, but that is the way it is. I know it kills you that we just don't bow down and let you "enlightened" few rule the rest of us. Contrary to your wishes everyone gets to vote, even women, the unemployed, EVERYONE; we all get a say. That elitist mentality is what has turned main street against you. Just because you may have money does not mean you get to make the rules, and that just kills you.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:30   #14
lancesorbenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Your vote doesn't matter, all of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney.

This is a Ron Paul thread, not a Mitt Romney thread.
Can I use that next time one of guys chimes in with the old Obama thanks you for your vote idiocy?
lancesorbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:31   #15
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post

I know you can't stand the fact that it is "Majority Rules" in this country, but that is the way it is.
You damn right I can't stand it and one day with things you favor are in the minority you might understand. One of the basic principles of our system is that the "majority" can not vote away the rights of the minority checks and balances.

Last edited by RC-RAMIE; 05-18-2012 at 14:31..
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:33   #16
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Can I use that next time one of guys chimes in with the old Obama thanks you for your vote idiocy?
Only if you are voting in Louisiana, and doing nothing to help Obama elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2012, 14:36   #17
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
That is the problem with RP supporters. You are intolerant of others that might have a different opinion, and go straight to attack mode when someone voices a different opinion. That is why you were not taken seriously. Once again his supporters are Paul's worst enemies. To bad your egos will not let you accept that, but it is the truth.

Why do you hate the constitution?

That's the line I watch for!
Old 05-18-2012, 14:38   #18
geo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post

Political Issues

Pure Gold and an A+ for creativity . Thanks for the chuckle.
geo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 14:56   #19
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
You damn right I can't stand it and one day with things you favor are in the minority you might understand. One of the basic principles of our system is that the "majority" can not vote away the rights of the minority checks and balances.
To late, abortion is legal, gay marriage is a fact of life in several states, pot is legal in CA. These are just some of the things that I am against, but the majority were not. Now I have to live with the consequences. I truly believe that the loss of biblical morals is why this country is failing. We (as a country) have turned our backs on GOD, and now he is turning HIS on us. We wanted to do it our way and he let us, and we have made a mess of it. The majority voted GOD out, now we all will suffer.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 15:06   #20
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Its just that you're such a source of amusement.

Quote:
I don't know how funny it is,
Most things seem to get by you.

Quote:
it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride

Basement tour.

Quote:
I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate
RP supporters are about as monomaniacal as they get.

Quote:
movements where everybody thinks the same,
Pot meets kettleÖ

Quote:
last conservative candidate standing against Romney....
Romney's the last candidate standing. Not exactly conservative but he'll do.

Yours is broke and no longer campaigning. From being so successful with his diverse group of supporters, of course.