Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:28   #1
wirenut

ruger charger

Just bought a ruger charger last week. I was looking at a 10-22 take down but couldn't find one and I liked this better. Anybody else have one ?
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 17:20   #2
M2 Carbine

I've had one for some time. Fun shooting it from the bench.

This was it when I first got it.
Rimfire Forum

This is it now.
Rimfire Forum
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 21:23   #3
bac1023

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 00:00   #4
steve1911

Congrats!

1911club#410
Old 05-19-2012, 05:30   #5
dudel

I've had one for a while. Fun gun, I find it surprisingly accurate. Swapped the barrel out for a threaded bull barrel for use with a can, and I use the Ruger 25 round magazines.
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 17:40   #6
milsurp1

I have one and it is fun to shoot. Accurate little pistol.
milsurp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 19:01   #7
SD Handgunner

Ruger Chargers a super fun to shoot, but they are not for everyone. Some guys that have been shooting conventional handguns for years have a hard time adapting to the Ruger Charger. However us guys that have shot Speciality Pistols (T/C Contenders & Encores, Remington XP-100's and Savage Strikers) have long awaited for a handgun such as the Ruger Charger.

I recently Custom Built a Ruger Charger. I started out with a Factory Ruger Charger and did away with the parts I did not want, mainly the factory stock, barrel and trigger group. I replaced the factory trigger group with a Ruger Aluminum 10/22 Trigger Housing that had been sent to TT Shooter for one of his Precision Trigger Jobs that breaks like a glass rod at 1 3/4 lbs. For the Barrel I used a KIDD 10" Bead Blasted Stainless Bull Barrel. I then sent the Receiver, Scope Base and Aluminum Trigger Housing to Norrell's to have done in the Norrell's "Stainless" Moly Resin Finish (which actually matched the Bead Blasted Stainless KIDD Barrel fairly well.

Rimfire Forum

My gunsmith buddy and I are in the process of building a Custom Ruger Charger Stock in which we are using a 10/22 Carbine Stock with the Pistol Grip and Buttstock removed and are attaching a T/C Contender Pistol Grip to it. With a little luck my Custom Stock will be done prior to our Indoor Bench Rest Competitions this winter.

In the meantime my Custom Ruger Charger is in a Tactical Innovations REBEL Charger Stock. Sitting on top of the Custom Ruger Charger is a Burris 3x12x LER Fine Plex PA Handgun Scope.

A couple weeks back I had it to the range and shot 10 - 5 shot groups at 100 yards from the bench. The overall average was right at 1 1/2" with the two best groups measuring .880" & .908" center to center.

Yep I really like my Ruger Charger.

Larry
SD Handgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 21:09   #8
RedHaze
Handgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Handgunner View Post
Ruger Chargers a super fun to shoot, but they are not for everyone. Some guys that have been shooting conventional handguns for years have a hard time adapting to the Ruger Charger. However us guys that have shot Speciality Pistols (T/C Contenders & Encores, Remington XP-100's and Savage Strikers) have long awaited for a handgun such as the Ruger Charger.

I recently Custom Built a Ruger Charger. I started out with a Factory Ruger Charger and did away with the parts I did not want, mainly the factory stock, barrel and trigger group. I replaced the factory trigger group with a Ruger Aluminum 10/22 Trigger Housing that had been sent to TT Shooter for one of his Precision Trigger Jobs that breaks like a glass rod at 1 3/4 lbs. For the Barrel I used a KIDD 10" Bead Blasted Stainless Bull Barrel. I then sent the Receiver, Scope Base and Aluminum Trigger Housing to Norrell's to have done in the Norrell's "Stainless" Moly Resin Finish (which actually matched the Bead Blasted Stainless KIDD Barrel fairly well.

Rimfire Forum

My gunsmith buddy and I are in the process of building a Custom Ruger Charger Stock in which we are using a 10/22 Carbine Stock with the Pistol Grip and Buttstock removed and are attaching a T/C Contender Pistol Grip to it. With a little luck my Custom Stock will be done prior to our Indoor Bench Rest Competitions this winter.

In the meantime my Custom Ruger Charger is in a Tactical Innovations REBEL Charger Stock. Sitting on top of the Custom Ruger Charger is a Burris 3x12x LER Fine Plex PA Handgun Scope.

A couple weeks back I had it to the range and shot 10 - 5 shot groups at 100 yards from the bench. The overall average was right at 1 1/2" with the two best groups measuring .880" & .908" center to center.

Yep I really like my Ruger Charger.

Larry
If you want a really nice custom stock for your charger, there's a guy over on rimfirecentral by the username azguy who has done a bunch already, and does awesome work.

Here's a few samples of the quality of work he does.
Rimfire Forum

Rimfire Forum

Rimfire Forum

Rimfire Forum

Rimfire Forum
Old 05-22-2012, 21:11   #9
RedHaze
Handgunner

My plain jane Charger, topped with a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot.

Rimfire Forum
Old 05-23-2012, 02:20   #10
Veedubklown

Mine's not a charger, but it's got a nice trigger, is fun to shoot, and uses 10-22 magazines
Rimfire Forum

Last edited by Veedubklown; 05-23-2012 at 03:14..
Veedubklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 21:24   #11
SD Handgunner

Yes George makes some fantastic stocks, but too much for my budget. Actually George and I talked quite a bit a year or so ago when I started this Charger Project about adapting a T/C Contender Grip to a 10/22 / Charger Stock. I scrapped the whole idea at one time, got side tracked on other projects and then started in on it once again.

Larry
Old 05-24-2012, 14:30   #12
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHaze View Post
Rimfire Forum
There's something about this stock/barrel config that I'm in love with.
Old 05-24-2012, 18:01   #13
March817

I've considered getting a Charger, but what exactly is the difference between the two models? Is it just a fired shell case? Why?
Old 05-24-2012, 18:27   #14
SD Handgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by March817 View Post
I've considered getting a Charger, but what exactly is the difference between the two models? Is it just a fired shell case? Why?
I never have figured out what the difference is between the two models.

Larry