Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 20:21   #241
WASRfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: West PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Sorry, should clarify. Was suggesting to shoot guns stock, and order replacements from BCM as stock parts fail. I don't consider BCM to be more reliable than usual, but instead that BCM makes proper milspec parts, and other companies can be sub-par. I wasn't suggesting an outright swap to BCM parts out the gate, just as other bits fail

Sent from the USS Sulaco, while nuking the site from orbit.
Who within BCM actually stated that THEY - BCM - MAKE their OWN AR PARTS?

They have other people make parts for THEM, with their trades on them. They are a parts house/assembler - like PSA - nothing more.
WASRfan is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 20:34   #242
WoodenPlank
Who?
 
WoodenPlank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 7,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASRfan View Post
Who within BCM actually stated that THEY - BCM - MAKE their OWN AR PARTS?

They have other people make parts for THEM, with their trades on them. They are a parts house/assembler - like PSA - nothing more.
Fine, replace "makes" with "sells" in my original post. The point still stands.
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
WoodenPlank is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 15:38   #243
nathanours
Texan
 
nathanours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Born in Texas, now in Colorado
Posts: 3,163
I'm not surprised that the Colt liked the heavier bullets and the smith didn't. I'm guessing the colt is a 1/7 and the Smith is a 1/9?
__________________
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud


Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 15:50   #244
cyphertext
Senior Member
 
cyphertext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanours View Post
I'm not surprised that the Colt liked the heavier bullets and the smith didn't. I'm guessing the colt is a 1/7 and the Smith is a 1/9?
The Smith is a 1/8.
cyphertext is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54   #245
nathanours
Texan
 
nathanours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Born in Texas, now in Colorado
Posts: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
The Smith is a 1/8.
Interesting. I've got a 6920, but have no experience with the Smith.
__________________
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud


Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:15   #246
22rtf2
Peaceful
 
22rtf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 20 mins from Smyrna
Posts: 2,017
Wow, 98% of the posts have nothing to do with the test.

Shocked
__________________
Gen 2 Glock 19 (06/1989 Austrian Proof), Gen 3 Glock 19 (02/2009 Austrian Proof)

Last edited by 22rtf2; 07-10-2012 at 10:20..
22rtf2 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22   #247
pspez
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, Fl
Posts: 528
Blog Entries: 1
So..........Smith&Wesson or Colt?
pspez is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:29   #248
Airhasz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bad Axe
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspez View Post
So..........Smith&Wesson or Colt?
Depends on how much cash you have and how quick you want your rifle.
Airhasz is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 13:27   #249
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 57,710


Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
Wow, 98% of the posts have nothing to do with the test.

Shocked
And your post really helps push the percentage.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 19:01   #250
Andrewsky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
Wow, 98% of the posts have nothing to do with the test.

Shocked
So how was your day?



It is kind of difficult to read the data. You should put it in a spreadsheet and post the table as an image.

Last edited by Andrewsky; 07-10-2012 at 19:02..
Andrewsky is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 21:41   #251
Wolf Spyder
Gun Activist
 
Wolf Spyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 650
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Spyder
Tagged for future reading.
__________________
-- Wolfy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Spyder
"Only large manly men and very dangerous mythical creatures can handle the raw power of the 10mm"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Wolf Spyder is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49   #252
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05
 
TangoFoxtrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nowhereville, USA
Posts: 4,046
Blog Entries: 1
Why????
__________________
G21 Club: 0685 -Tact. SG 7048
S/P Club: 109 - .40 Club: 0255
Black Rifle-SWMP15S1647
TangoFoxtrot is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 09:53   #253
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member
 
PEC-Memphis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Doh ?
Posts: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Colt 883 accuracy eval 7/6/2012 *am *temp 88 wind 260@3
Firing direction 262 *5 shot groups

Hornady 75 gr bthp match *1.624 *1.386 *1.718 avg 1.576

Black hills 77 gr bthp match *1.841 * 1.523 *1.582 avg 1.648

Fiochhi 50 gr v-max * *1.758 *2.286 2.452 *avg 2.165

Avg of averages - 1.796 +- .2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Sport 095 *accuracy eval 7/6/2012 *am *temp 88 wind 260@3
Firing direction 262 *5 shot groups

Hornady 75 gr bthp match *1.672 *1.249 .887 avg *1.269

Black hills 77 gr bthp match *3.827 * 3.471 *2.673 avg 3.324

Fiochhi 50 gr v-max * *.619 *1.258 *1.161 avg 1.012

Avg of averages - 1.868 +-.2
Looks like S&W wins smallest group.

With 55 gr. FMJs my M&P15-OR runs about 1" @ 100 yds.
__________________
To all members of our Armed Forces - past, present and future - thank you for your service to our country.
PEC-Memphis is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49   #254
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,379
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler View Post
I have seen and heard of at least 7-8 Colts blow up over 4 decades. Colt is not the best made or the final word in AR's.
I have had two blow up in my face over the years IT WAS AMMO....'


Do you know anything about the system at all..


Please tell me how to get a kaboom out of an in spec round in a Colt...
You should post less.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 19:59   #255
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Matthew Courtney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
I have had two blow up in my face over the years IT WAS AMMO....'


Do you know anything about the system at all..


Please tell me how to get a kaboom out of an in spec round in a Colt...
You should post less.
Barrel obstruction, out of spec barrel, out of spec bolt, incorrect headspacing, firing pin stuck out that contacts primer before action locks closed, nose of double feeding round contacts primer of chambered round, overheated barrel or chamber loses tensile strength, out of spec or improperly installed muzzle device, and a muzzle device obstruction, and that's just off the top of my head.

Do you know anything about the system at all?

I believe the point you were trying to make is that most Colt issues are not caused by manufacturing defects, and I believe that is a very valid point. Most firearms issues are the result of operator error/training issues. Most issues with simple mechanical consumer goods are operator error/training issues. Heck, the same is likely true of even complicated electronic consumer goods that were imported from Asia.

If you want to be a jerk, start "The Official Glocktalk I want to be a jerk because my mommy breastfed me too much/not enough" in the Furball Forum.
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Matthew Courtney; 07-21-2012 at 20:06..
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31   #256
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,379
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Barrel obstruction, out of spec barrel, out of spec bolt, incorrect headspacing, firing pin stuck out that contacts primer before action locks closed, nose of double feeding round contacts primer of chambered round, overheated barrel or chamber loses tensile strength, out of spec or improperly installed muzzle device, and a muzzle device obstruction, and that's just off the top of my head.

Do you know anything about the system at all?

I believe the point you were trying to make is that most Colt issues are not caused by manufacturing defects, and I believe that is a very valid point. Most firearms issues are the result of operator error/training issues. Most issues with simple mechanical consumer goods are operator error/training issues. Heck, the same is likely true of even complicated electronic consumer goods that were imported from Asia.

If you want to be a jerk, start "The Official Glocktalk I want to be a jerk because my mommy breastfed me too much/not enough" in the Furball Forum.
Maybe you should also try reading comprehension.

I said in spec..


And many of the things you reference don't cause a kaboom, as in catostrophic failure , a simple bore obstruction, not colt specific.

The point I made was that colts don't just blown up as the poster I referenced stated, because they are colts..



Never saw a double feed round or firing pin ignition out of battery do more than blow the magazine out the bottom or partially out, not a full grenade of the upper receiver..as in blow up..

Yes I know the system and have been a colt trained armorer for 15 years, and responsible for about 200 agency rifles including about 25 full autos from various manufacturers, I am not an expert, but I am qualified.

One thing I don't do is suffer fools .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:03   #257
K. Foster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mo.
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
If you want to be a jerk, start "The Official Glocktalk I want to be a jerk because my mommy breastfed me too much/not enough" in the Furball Forum.
Just another childish rant.
__________________
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional trains until he can't get it wrong.

Last edited by K. Foster; 07-22-2012 at 07:38.. Reason: Compassion
K. Foster is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:03   #258
OdinIII
Senior Member
 
OdinIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 551
Send a message via ICQ to OdinIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Foster View Post
Just another childish rant.
I agree, when I first saw his post I thought "Wow, does he not know who he just accused of not knowing the AR platform?"

Once this "test" was declared to be repeatable and scientific I knew no good could come from it.
OdinIII is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 19:49   #259
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Matthew Courtney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Maybe you should also try reading comprehension.

I said in spec..


And many of the things you reference don't cause a kaboom, as in catostrophic failure , a simple bore obstruction, not colt specific.

The point I made was that colts don't just blown up as the poster I referenced stated, because they are colts..



Never saw a double feed round or firing pin ignition out of battery do more than blow the magazine out the bottom or partially out, not a full grenade of the upper receiver..as in blow up..

Yes I know the system and have been a colt trained armorer for 15 years, and responsible for about 200 agency rifles including about 25 full autos from various manufacturers, I am not an expert, but I am qualified.

One thing I don't do is suffer fools .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
You wrote inquiring about how a Colt could kaboom with an in spec round. You failed to specify an in spec Colt, genius. I addressed the question you actually asked, not the question that you wanted to ask or would have liked to have asked.
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04   #260
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,379
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
You wrote inquiring about how a Colt could kaboom with an in spec round. You failed to specify an in spec Colt, genius. I addressed the question you actually asked, not the question that you wanted to ask or would have liked to have asked.
you are wrong read who I quoted in this thread for context then grow up .an in spec around will not cause an a r 15 to blow up .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 07-23-2012 at 10:07..
Mayhem like Me is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:24.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,232
353 Members
879 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31