Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:45   #261
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
you are wrong read who I quoted in this thread for context then grow up .an in spec around will not cause an a r 15 to blow up .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
My goodness, your ability to capitalize and use punctuation rivals your word skills. How can you write like you do and blame other people's reading comprehension skills when they do not always grasp what you meant to communicate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08   #262
22rtf2
Peaceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
My goodness, your ability to capitalize and use punctuation rivals your word skills. How can you write like you do and blame other people's reading comprehension skills when they do not always grasp what you meant to communicate?
Old 07-23-2012, 13:31   #263
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Enough BSing around.

I'm ready for the next batch of data.
Old 07-23-2012, 14:36   #264
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Enough BSing around.

Pot meet Kettle.
Old 07-23-2012, 18:38   #265
Airhasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Enough BSing around.

I agree..data is very interesting, thanks Matthew!
Old 07-23-2012, 20:13   #266
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

This will be interesting. I won't tell you which one I think will come out on top....

Old 07-23-2012, 20:20   #267
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
This will be interesting. I won't tell you which one I think will come out on top....

Are you referring to the Colt vs. Sport test, the Matthew Courtney vs Mayhem Like Me disagreement, or the fnfalman vs. bmoore spat?

Old 07-23-2012, 20:59   #268
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Are you referring to the Colt vs. Sport test, the Matthew Courtney vs Mayhem Like Me disagreement, or the fnfalman vs. bmoore spat?

I agreed with Mayhem. I guess he missed it, too.

Quote:
I believe the point you were trying to make is that most Colt issues are not caused by manufacturing defects, and I believe that is a very valid point. Most firearms issues are the result of operator error/training issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:01   #269
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

This thread is played out.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44   #270
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Round counts on each rifle are now between 400 and 500 rounds, with no malfunctions observed with either rifle. The bulk of ammo fired through each rifle to date has been from the same Wolf case as the Wolf used in the accuracy tests with the balance of the ammo being the other ammunition documented in the ammo tests. Any existing throat erosion is, at this point, to little to be accurately measured with our W.H. Merchant gauge. Chambers, BCGs, and actions have been completely cleaned, and barrels have had a bore snake with 2 inches dampened with Hoppes #9 pulled through them, followed by a dry boresnake 10 minutes later. Inspections during the cleaning process revealed nothing of note other than polishing of some parts. Would anyone like any particular measurements or observations made at this time?

Old 07-25-2012, 05:12   #271
WASRfan

Great test, thanks. Any plans to spend a Saturday and run 1K of Wolf per gun and see what happens?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55   #272
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASRfan View Post
Great test, thanks. Any plans to spend a Saturday and run 1K of Wolf per gun and see what happens?
POI for one of our courses involves 1200 rounds fired over a three day week-end, but most of the guys taking that course bring a rifle instead of renting one. When a students rifle takes a dump early on day one, we would see a high round cound week-end, so it will happen eventually.

Old 07-26-2012, 21:45   #273
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Pot meet Kettle.
Kettle, meet pot.
Old 07-27-2012, 00:03   #274
bigmoney890

Matthew Courtney, I would like to suggest that you take all of the information you have provided in this thread and start another one. Take all of the information, organize it, and put in it the OP, and edit the OP as new information and tests become available. I think it's hurting your thread with all of the pointless pissing contests, and random conversations about things other than your OP. I'm sure a lot of people would rather see all of your painstakingly gathered information in a clear, easy to read format, as opposed to searching through 11 pages of random information in hopes they find actual test results. Just a thought...

Old 07-27-2012, 00:09   #275
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Matthew Courtney, I would like to suggest that you take all of the information you have provided in this thread and start another one. Take all of the information, organize it, and put in it the OP, and edit the OP as new information and tests become available. I think it's hurting your thread with all of the pointless pissing contests, and random conversations about things other than your OP. I'm sure a lot of people would rather see all of your painstakingly gathered information in a clear, easy to read format, as opposed to searching through 11 pages of random information in hopes they find actual test results. Just a thought...
I agree completely. I have been subscribed to this thread and have read every post. I haven't posted as I have nothing to offer. Lots of trolling, baiting, ad hominems, "fanboy" attacks for no reason...the actual data, experience, results...they are getting lost.

I know there hasn't been a whole lot yet since the round counts are still pretty low, but what is there is good and ought to make great groundwork for what lies ahead.

Can you edit into this OP?

I'd mostly just like to see the data all in one location/post/consecutive series of posts

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 07-27-2012 at 00:10..
Old 07-27-2012, 00:18   #276
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post

I'd mostly just like to see the data all in one location/post/consecutive series of posts

That was my main reason for asking, but I feel like if he started a completely new thread, it would cut down the random chatter. Until someone new started up with the trolling and such. But at least the thread wouldn't have a couple hundred non-op related posts to read through.

But I'm in favor of a new thread!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:53   #277
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

After the next tests, we plan on putting all of the data collected so far in a table type format and putting a link to that table in this thread, that way we can simply add data to the table and announce the updates while using this thread to discuss the data.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:56   #278
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Perfect.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04   #279
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
After the next tests, we plan on putting all of the data collected so far in a table type format and putting a link to that table in this thread, that way we can simply add data to the table and announce the updates while using this thread to discuss the data.
Sounds great

Old 08-01-2012, 17:00   #280
shadowman024

ill be following considering im wanting a s&w 15 sport

Closed Thread