GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33   #401
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Me? No, I never advocated such silliness. You do it if you like.

I agree.

Credentials for what, exactly? Don't you need to define that first?

Since it is my thread, I assumed he was talking about me, although he is trying to conceal his objective, which is to discredit the data. He is too dense to realize that the data speaks for itself, while he himself offers no facts, no data, only opinions about what the data means. He percieves his opinions of the data as facts, and other interpretations of the data as the opinions of unqualified people.
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

www.louisianashooters.com
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35   #402
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Me? No, I never advocated such silliness. You do it if you like.

I agree.

Credentials for what, exactly? Don't you need to define that first?

Silliness? Doing away with the biggest issue holding back this forum. I think it's a great idea and good for the community in whole. I tried this with fnfal a while back via pm but he refused claiming age and weight.

Credentials? Did you not see the suggestions listed? I think it should be a combined effort.

We're probably going on about something that'll never happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41   #403
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You suffer from the, see what I want decease. What you claim is far from what I said.

A huge difference b/w opinion and fact. I support fact regardless of if I agree w/ it or not regarless of where it comes from. Opinion, hear say, and incorrect information has no place.

It's not criteria that I provide. It's credincials provided by the people posting/ wanting to post. It creates realistic checks and balances along as well as adds credibility to posts. It also keeps individuals from post BS w/o validation just to troll.

It's the deference b/w fact and fiction. Regardless of how true someone thinks something is, it either is or isn't. Some post fact then are confronted by others posting fiction. The ones posting fiction begin to argue fallacy and personal attack rather than factual data because they know there isn't any data to support their position.

I imagine this won't be popular but it would correct the issues dragging the sub-forum down.
This is quite possibly the most unintelligible posts I have ever read. Your first sentence is nonsensical and it does not get better.
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

www.louisianashooters.com
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45   #404
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Not a real good policy to have when teaching anything. Things change, better products come out better techniques surface. Being flexible is important.

If it was me class I would edit my original post. I wouldn't think that statement would be to good for business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mj offers no facts, only opinions.
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

www.louisianashooters.com
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:50   #405
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
It also strikes me as odd. Instructors resistant to improvement and unwilling to share their credentials. I don't own a business or instruct others but it sounds like bad policy. When I look into attending a class I want full disclosure and to know I'm getting the latest and greatest training. Training is time consuming and expensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The only fact about anything other than you is that training is time consuming and expensive and an outright lie about unwillingness to share creds. My creds are listed on my website, which is in my sig line, just as you suggest.
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

www.louisianashooters.com
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05   #406
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Professional what? Belly dancer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Facts, or sarcasm?
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

www.louisianashooters.com
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12   #407
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I tried this with fnfal a while back via pm but he refused claiming age and weight.
This is a downright lie. You've never contacted me via PM. If you did, I would have answered.

If you want to know my age and weight then I'll let you know: 45-years-old, 205-lbs (approximately because I usually lighten up by 3-lbs comes noon times).
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13   #408
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You'd think with the info being available for so long more would be more on top of thing's and the misconceptions would be extinct by now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
My entire teams credentials will become public when we present our plan to train teachers to the Louisiana Legislature in the Spring. Some names, addresses, and classified information will be redacted. You will have no way of verifying the information. Presenting false information to the legislature is a felony, and the liberal legislators will be checking, so you can be assured the information is accurate
__________________
You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for. Retreat in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

www.louisianashooters.com
Matthew Courtney is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19   #409
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,175


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Silliness? Doing away with the biggest issue holding back this forum.
There's nothing holding back this forum. We, the participants, are free to believe the posts made by others based on the credibility that they develop by their posts. The OP is well known here as a very credible poster, and has even provided you the credentials you asked for (yet failed to provide for yourself).

OTOH, I am afraid you hurt your own credibility with every post.
gwalchmai is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:33   #410
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Let MJkeat post his DD214. I'd like to see what sort of badass he is. Hell, don't bother to post the whole DD214. Just give me your MOS identifier (i.e. 11B20PB4).

But let me guess your MOS: 18B30VB4W8?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38   #411
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
So you'll agree that consistent moderation requires a lot of admin overhead, which must eventually run into money.

I agree - other forums have other philosophies. Variety is the spice of life, isn't it?

However, the fact that you are still posting here "in. this. thread." says something about your preferences.
You are right.

It is a lost cause.

But I do still want to get people the best information possible, no matter how terrible the signal:noise ratio happens to be in this place.

Maybe I should just give up and leave GT entirely, and treat it like ar15.com.

I mean, hell, we've got somebody trying to ridicule me because I pointed out that loading 31 rounds into a PMAG or 30 rounds into other mags, can cause a hangup when you try to insert the mag on a closed bolt. God help the forum when it has come to that.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 01-08-2013 at 11:42..
Warp is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46   #412
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,175


Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
You are right.

It is a lost cause.

But I do still want to get people the best information possible, no matter how terrible the signal:noise ratio happens to be in this place.
Sometimes it gets that way but not always. You can get people the best info by offering your opinions and ignoring the static, and I think you generally do that quite well.


Quote:
Maybe I should just give up and leave GT entirely, and treat it like ar15.com.

I mean, hell, we've got somebody trying to ridicule me because I pointed out that loading 31 rounds into a PMAG can cause a failure of the magazine to seat on a closed bolt.
Don't you think other posters saw the error of his argument just as you did?

I've long been a member of one of the other forums you mentioned, and am familiar with the other. They both have their detractors and adherents.

Last edited by gwalchmai; 01-08-2013 at 11:47..
gwalchmai is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49   #413
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
I knew this wouldn't be a popular suggestion and figured I'd take lots of flak for it. What gets me is as much as people complain about the back and forth here you'd think some sort of filter would be welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00   #414
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Matthew, you have this entire thing confused. This little high jack has nothing to do with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Let MJkeat post his DD214. I'd like to see what sort of badass he is. Hell, don't bother to post the whole DD214. Just give me your MOS identifier (i.e. 11B20PB4).

But let me guess your MOS: 18B30VB4W8?
Fnfal, I tried to exchange documentation with you. You declined stating old age and the fact you're overweight, so you claim.



Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:23.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 806
216 Members
590 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42