GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:13   #1
eccho

What should you expect after a self defense shooting?

I've posted here once or twice before, but I have another question. This time I would like to know about what to expect from the time that you pull the trigger to defend yourself, to the time when your cleared of any wrongdoing. Assume that in the totality of the circumstances, the hypothetical shooting is justified.

I've heard there are some videos and guides on the internet, but I wanted to come here to ask an expert to provide some information, or at least provide a credible link.

I know the "basics" like seeking a lawyer and such, but how much in the way of legal fees could you be looking at? How long can the process take?
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 20:31   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Way too many variables to discuss in this short space, bro. Sometimes the shooting is so obviously justifiable that legal aftermath is minimal. On the other hand, I testified last year in a civil suit dating back to a fatal shooting in 2005. They can drag on and on. In one current, complicated shooting case that's in the headlines, defense counsel has publicly stated that his client may end up with a bill for a million dollars, though most run a lot less than that.

Sorry I couldn't narrow it down more, but every case is different, and there is a great deal to consider.

Hoping you'll never need to find out,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote