GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2012, 20:54   #151
Colorado4Wheel

The point is it would be better if it was lower. HK weights more as well. It's all part of the equation of split times.
Old 08-11-2012, 20:36   #152
barth
six barrels

Have a Sig P220, Sig P239, Kahr MK40 Elite and a gen 3 Glock G27.

Just bought a HK P30 40 LEM this morning.
Opened her up for oil and then hit the range.

Is she really superior?
Is she really worth the premium price?
In less that 24 hours I say YES!
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 08-15-2012 at 14:59..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:47   #153
deeHKman
"It Is Written"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
Have a Sig P220, Sig P239, Kahr KM40 Elite and a gen 3 Glock G27.

Just bought a HK P30 40 LEM this morning.
Opened her up for oil and then hit the range.

Is she really superior?
Is she really worth the premium price?
In less that 24 hours I say YES!
Heckler & Koch Forum
Smart man!!Congrat's on a superb HK!!!!!

deeHKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35   #154
brisk21

How many people on here have actually shot/owned both Glock and HK? I do. I can honestly say Im blown away by the HK45. It is absolutely excellent. Superior? I suppose. Is it actually "better" for what you need a handgun for? Probably not. To sit here and say Im done with Glocks because I now have an HK would be silly. They are both excellent guns. You people who have not shot an HK45 have no idea how that gun almost eliminates recoil on a full power .45 ACP!
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42   #155
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
How many people on here have actually shot/owned both Glock and HK? I do. I can honestly say Im blown away by the HK45. It is absolutely excellent. Superior? I suppose. Is it actually "better" for what you need a handgun for? Probably not. To sit here and say Im done with Glocks because I now have an HK would be silly. They are both excellent guns. You people who have not shot an HK45 have no idea how that gun almost eliminates recoil on a full power .45 ACP!
I've owned both, as well as a good many other brands. I just stick to HK now. The only reason I would ever go back to GLOCK is if I wanted a 10mm.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 16:01   #156
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayaX View Post
I've owned both, as well as a good many other brands. I just stick to HK now. The only reason I would ever go back to GLOCK is if I wanted a 10mm.

Yeah, Id like to stick to just one brand of handgun and practice on it. They say "fear the man that only owns one gun". I just cant do it. Variety is the spice of life, I guess.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 16:17   #157
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
I own both. I think they are better made. In that way they are superior as far as I am concerned.

There might be something about one or the other that stands out to a person and they say "Aha, this particular thing about this one makes it superior in my book."

But, still and all, H&Ks are superior.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 14:23   #158
1rocket69

I've owned carried both, We switched from the Glock 17 to HK P2000 about 7 yrs ago, and I own a 19 and 23. When we switched to the P2000 I HATED the trigger; but after 7 yrs of duty carry and Firearms Instructor School, + maybe 20,000+rds through it I have grown to like it. I have never had a malfunction with it and it is accurate enough. Still think they are better triggers out there but it works fine, little heavier to carry off-duty than my 19 or 23......and when shooting from both knee kneeling sitting on my feet for accuracy taking my time.......both Glocks I shoot better, tighter groups all the way back to 75 yds. But under stress, or qual course I shoot about the same with HK and Glocks??? So take your pick.

However!!!!!!!! I was working on our Lake Task Force and our Armory had to total disassemble and clean everything..those little trigger parts/springs you can't get to about every 3 mths. We had big problems with the internal parts corroding and others had issue's where you pulled the trigger but it would never fire/drop the trigger. I know it got to the point where the Marine Branch switch back to Glocks cause they were having no problems in the past with them.
Yes for normal conditions they BOTH are quality weapons and worthy of betting your life on, but for those that live in high humidity/salt water conditions might reconsider.
1rocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44   #159
GOOFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles26 View Post
The pistol out performs every Glock I have and nearly all my 1911s. (Nothing out does my STI Perfect 10 )

Love this firearm. Now I just need about 10 more magazines.

If you've ever "thought" about owning an H&K, GO BUY ONE.

If you don't like it, call me, I'll buy it off you
Are the rest of your 1911's, Taurus's?
I've got many Glocks and quite a few H&K's, please tell me how your 1st H&K outperform Glocks. Are you referring to a Glock 21 gen4?
Old 09-08-2012, 17:34   #160
Audiman77

I own glocks, sigs, 1911, xdms etc. and to me the hk is superior in fit and finish. I trust my glocks and carry them on duty on the mean streets of Baltimore. But I'd rather have my p2000sk
Audiman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 20:28   #161
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiman77 View Post
I own glocks, sigs, 1911, xdms etc. and to me the hk is superior in fit and finish.
No doubt

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54   #162
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

In many ways, yes. Everybody has their preferences, but HK is more consistent in quality and construction than many of the other manufacturers. There's always room for improvement. The DA/SA (especially the DA) could be better.
Old 09-18-2012, 22:18   #163
vdub804

owning glocks 17,20,21,29 xdm compact .45 xd full size .45 Px4 storm 9mm rugers p94,p95 and as of last week my newest addition the HK 357 SIG. I immediately felt the superiority the first time I picked it up. It just gives you this feeling that I can't explain. I went to the range yesterday and did not lube her up or anything and had 0 failures and the accuracy was better than every handgun that I ever shot. I'm truly impressed with HK and will probably never buy another brand again, it just feel great in my hands it shoots and ejects perfectly. Got her in a trade for my DE 50ae ( plus cash of course) and don't regret it for one second.
"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

Last edited by vdub804; 09-18-2012 at 22:20..
vdub804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 22:52   #164
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I like Hk pistols. I only own 2 of them but they are the ones I keep in my vehicles if that says anything

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 14:11   #165
jbglock

You wrote a bunch of things that most do these days. Don't get me wrong, I loved my USP45 but not to the point that I couldn't see anything wrong with it. The polymer scratched much easier than Glock back then. Don't know about the current guns as I could care less about a gun that is 2nd best when it comes to being able to customize it to my specific needs. I prefer a gun that is widely available. A gun that I can get parts for anywhere to customize or even rebuild myself. HK doesn't build an indestructible gun. No one does. Seems some HK users like saying they have the best though. I guess any gun would seem that way spending most it's time in a safe. People that use guns for a living generally shy away from HK. At least all the ones I know do.

So is there anything wrong with them? No. Are they the best though? Far from it IMO.
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 14:17   #166
Shockem841

damn near $1000 for a plastic pistol.....Yea i would hope its superior!
Old 09-19-2012, 14:28   #167
jbglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockem841 View Post
damn near $1000 for a plastic pistol.....Yea i would hope its superior!
Wait a minute. They have gone up that much in the last decade or so? No way they should cost more than a Glock.
Old 09-19-2012, 21:04   #168
WhiskeyUnicorn
Paramagician

I've owned and fired many pistols over my years of ownership.
Glocks
Berettas
FNP tactical
FNX
1911's
yadda yadda
When I would try a new one out and sell it, I'd always go back to Glock. Recently, I was in a LGS and came across a USP 9mm. When I placed the gun in my hand it seemed like they were made for each other. I have a hard time finding anything that fits. I'm 6'8'', 250lbs, and have a pimp hand that is almost 10'' across. I haven't shot the weapon yet, but in terms of the grip fitting my hand...wow. I can't wait to fire it and compare to my Glock. I'm not saying they're better, but it does feel more solid. I still plan on owing a Glock and probably will always have one. I do enjoy my USP though.
Old 09-19-2012, 21:21   #169
n0leafcl0ver

i love my usp .45 compact but i have to say..my walther ppq is very hard to beat with its far superior trigger.

Last edited by n0leafcl0ver; 09-19-2012 at 21:22..
n0leafcl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 22:13   #170
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
Wait a minute. They have gone up that much in the last decade or so? No way they should cost more than a Glock.
Just about all major manufacturers in the last 15+ years, except S&W, have always cost more than glock...even used.

It'd be nice if they all cost the same as the M&P's.
Old 09-21-2012, 18:42   #171
01deuce

Quote:
People that use guns for a living generally shy away from HK. At least all the ones I know do.

Do the SEAL's count ?

So is there anything wrong with them? No. Are they the best though? Far from it IMO.
Then what is better ?
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 18:46   #172
Audiman77

"Best" is defendant upon the shooter. I shoot my P228 better than my hk. My hk carries better. My glock is the most durable and easy to work on. I love all of them
Audiman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 20:21   #173
jbglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
Then what is better ?
Do the SEALS count? Is that a question for me as you have it as something I wrote when I didn't..

What is better? Glocks. Easy question. Yes I've owned both. Frankly HK is over hyped.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32   #174
01deuce

Quote:
Do the SEALS count? Is that a question for me as you have it as something I wrote when I didn't..

What is better? Glocks. Easy question. Yes I've owned both. Frankly HK is over hyped.

Yes it was, just put in the wrong place.

glocks better ? thats funny.

how about page after page of '' what parts are needed to make my new glock work''
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:40   #175
barth
six barrels

Bought a NIB P30 40 LEM about a month ago.
Have been so entirely impressed with the firearm I picked up
a NIB P2000 357 LEM.

Whether or not they are the best handguns in the world is debatable.
But they certainly belong on a very short list of the best - IMHO.

Their quality is real and demonstrable.
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 09-22-2012 at 09:19..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote