Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-05-2012, 20:40   #141
USMC03Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Hunter View Post
No. No they are not.
Well, my .45 collection so far consists of:

S&W SW99 (went down the road years ago...it was a POS)
Ruger P90
EAA Witness
Auto Ordnance 1911
Sig P220
XD-45 Tactical
Kimber Royal carry 1911
Springfield WWII USGI 1911
S&W M&P45F
Glock 21
Taurus 24/7 OSS
H&K USP-45

While the M&P has only a week of ownership to it and I just got the Taurus today (won't be able to pick it up until I get back from my TDY in 3 weeks) I have yet to find an "H&K-killer." I really have no interest in buying a $2-3K 1911 and I still have yet to try an FNP (that needs to be fixed as well...maybe next time) but so far, nothing I have has yet to beat out the USP. No, I love them all like my children (well, not the SW99) and have no plans of getting rid of them. They all have their good and bad points but when I look at the overall scores, the H&K is the superior performer.
USMC03Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 00:37   #142
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I'm yet to see anything that disputes that fact. No other polymer gun has a thing on HK. HK is the best poly gun on the market period. All others take a back seat!

I agree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04   #143
cowboy1964

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-205077.html

^^^ If you're going to link to a thread to prove your point at least find one that ACTUALLY DOES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_K9

In 1998 it was approved for off duty and backup carry by the New York City Police Department (NYPD) but as of December 2011, the Kahr K9 is no longer authorized by the NYPD. The Kahr Company was not able to increase the trigger pull to the NYPD specifications

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/124...no.html&page=2

So far what I've seen of the Nano isn't encouraging. Everyone I know who bought one has experienced problems with it.

More evidence of 115gr ammo problems.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...highlight=nano

Last edited by cowboy1964; 08-06-2012 at 02:23..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:01   #144
Noles26
Made in Texas

Send a message via AIM to Noles26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Let us know.
Well I accepted the trade, (had some cash thrown my way), and now I own a 2012 H&K USP .45.

All I can say is WOW.

This is my first H&K , my first time firing a H&K and it has made my mind up for me.

I'll never buy another Glock / Polymer make again.

The first thing you notice is how it fits your hand. (6 '1 205 lbs / 9 inch hand) It just makes sense.
The gun's finish is flawless. And did I mention the grip?

Range report: Perfect
500 rounds of Federal Premium HST down range.
-Brass went the way it was suppose to
-zero malfunctions
- Perfect

The pistol out performs every Glock I have and nearly all my 1911s. (Nothing out does my STI Perfect 10 )

Love this firearm. Now I just need about 10 more magazines.

If you've ever "thought" about owning an H&K, GO BUY ONE.

If you don't like it, call me, I'll buy it off you

WWW.GTXGUNS.COM
Noles26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:18   #145
Colorado4Wheel

When they design a gun with a Bore Axis that appears to have been conceived in the last 30 years I will consider them. Till then it's just high priced "Plastic Fantastic".
Old 08-06-2012, 13:29   #146
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
When they design a gun with a Bore Axis that appears to have been conceived in the last 30 years I will consider them. Till then it's just high priced "Plastic Fantastic".
Hammer fired handguns will naturally have a higher bore axis than striker fired handguns.

In addition, whether or not a high bore axis compromises the "shoot-ability" of a pistol is also highly debatable.

The way Todd G. can shoot a P30/HK45 or the way Bruce Gray can shoot a SIG leads me to believe it's alot more about the abilities of the shooter then the height of the pistol's bore axis.
Old 08-06-2012, 15:53   #147
Colorado4Wheel

It's just basic mechanics. Lower is better. CZ and others figured out how to do it. It just seems HK doesn't even try. The spent a lot of energy on other things but left that alone. It would be an improvement if they addressed it and wouldn't hurt a thing.
Old 08-06-2012, 17:18   #148
dpadams6

Quote:
It's just basic mechanics. Lower is better. CZ and others figured out how to do it. It just seems HK doesn't even try. The spent a lot of energy on other things but left that alone. It would be an improvement if they addressed it and wouldn't hurt a thing.
Actually, I don't think its as big a deal as weight of pistol. I shoot 357 sig in a sig229 and glock 31/32. Sig is MUCH higher than glock/cz and shoots quite a bit softer than the glock. I'll take hk 's excellant quality over glock/cz anyday. Higher axis or not.

Last edited by dpadams6; 08-06-2012 at 17:19..
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:21   #149
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
Actually, I don't think its as big a deal as weight of pistol. I shoot 357 sig in a sig229 and glock 31/32. Sig is MUCH higher than glock/cz and shoots quite a bit softer than the glock. I'll take hk 's excellant quality over glock/cz anyday. Higher axis or not.
And if it was lower it would be even better.
Old 08-06-2012, 18:15   #150
USMC03Grunt

Quote:
Sounds to me like you have limited to no experience with them. Is this a fair assumption? Several years ago, I ran a back-to-back-to-back-to-back test with several of my .45 autos including both Glock and H&K as well as Ruger, Sig, EAA, 1911s and S&W. The tests were performed with several people of varying degrees of shooting experience firing each of these weapons. What did I learn about it? Well, the Glock did have the fastest split times due to the low bore axis. How fast? About .02 to .03 seconds faster on average. Really, I don't consider it to be that much of an improvement to the level of any real relevance. However, both the USP and Sig easily outscored the Glock due to better accuracy and in a couple cases, grip size made it a problem as well for some of the shooters. In the accuracy department, again the USP and P220 easily beat out the Glock as did the Ruger P90, 1911s and the low priced EAA Witness. The only gun that displayed worse accuracy than the Glock was the old SW99 I used to have.
Now that my colletion has grown a bit since those days I my have to repeat this test again with the new additions and see which one wins the king of the hill title and dethrone the USP as the reigning champion.
USMC03Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 20:54   #151
Colorado4Wheel

The point is it would be better if it was lower. HK weights more as well. It's all part of the equation of split times.
Old 08-11-2012, 20:36   #152
barth
six barrels

Have a Sig P220, Sig P239, Kahr MK40 Elite and a gen 3 Glock G27.

Just bought a HK P30 40 LEM this morning.
Opened her up for oil and then hit the range.

Is she really superior?
Is she really worth the premium price?
In less that 24 hours I say YES!
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 08-15-2012 at 14:59..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:47   #153
deeHKman
"It Is Written"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
Have a Sig P220, Sig P239, Kahr KM40 Elite and a gen 3 Glock G27.

Just bought a HK P30 40 LEM this morning.
Opened her up for oil and then hit the range.

Is she really superior?
Is she really worth the premium price?
In less that 24 hours I say YES!
Heckler & Koch Forum
Smart man!!Congrat's on a superb HK!!!!!

deeHKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35   #154
brisk21

How many people on here have actually shot/owned both Glock and HK? I do. I can honestly say Im blown away by the HK45. It is absolutely excellent. Superior? I suppose. Is it actually "better" for what you need a handgun for? Probably not. To sit here and say Im done with Glocks because I now have an HK would be silly. They are both excellent guns. You people who have not shot an HK45 have no idea how that gun almost eliminates recoil on a full power .45 ACP!
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42   #155
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
How many people on here have actually shot/owned both Glock and HK? I do. I can honestly say Im blown away by the HK45. It is absolutely excellent. Superior? I suppose. Is it actually "better" for what you need a handgun for? Probably not. To sit here and say Im done with Glocks because I now have an HK would be silly. They are both excellent guns. You people who have not shot an HK45 have no idea how that gun almost eliminates recoil on a full power .45 ACP!
I've owned both, as well as a good many other brands. I just stick to HK now. The only reason I would ever go back to GLOCK is if I wanted a 10mm.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 16:01   #156
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayaX View Post
I've owned both, as well as a good many other brands. I just stick to HK now. The only reason I would ever go back to GLOCK is if I wanted a 10mm.

Yeah, Id like to stick to just one brand of handgun and practice on it. They say "fear the man that only owns one gun". I just cant do it. Variety is the spice of life, I guess.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 16:17   #157
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
I own both. I think they are better made. In that way they are superior as far as I am concerned.

There might be something about one or the other that stands out to a person and they say "Aha, this particular thing about this one makes it superior in my book."

But, still and all, H&Ks are superior.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 14:23   #158
1rocket69

I've owned carried both, We switched from the Glock 17 to HK P2000 about 7 yrs ago, and I own a 19 and 23. When we switched to the P2000 I HATED the trigger; but after 7 yrs of duty carry and Firearms Instructor School, + maybe 20,000+rds through it I have grown to like it. I have never had a malfunction with it and it is accurate enough. Still think they are better triggers out there but it works fine, little heavier to carry off-duty than my 19 or 23......and when shooting from both knee kneeling sitting on my feet for accuracy taking my time.......both Glocks I shoot better, tighter groups all the way back to 75 yds. But under stress, or qual course I shoot about the same with HK and Glocks??? So take your pick.

However!!!!!!!! I was working on our Lake Task Force and our Armory had to total disassemble and clean everything..those little trigger parts/springs you can't get to about every 3 mths. We had big problems with the internal parts corroding and others had issue's where you pulled the trigger but it would never fire/drop the trigger. I know it got to the point where the Marine Branch switch back to Glocks cause they were having no problems in the past with them.
Yes for normal conditions they BOTH are quality weapons and worthy of betting your life on, but for those that live in high humidity/salt water conditions might reconsider.
1rocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44   #159
GOOFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles26 View Post
The pistol out performs every Glock I have and nearly all my 1911s. (Nothing out does my STI Perfect 10 )

Love this firearm. Now I just need about 10 more magazines.

If you've ever "thought" about owning an H&K, GO BUY ONE.

If you don't like it, call me, I'll buy it off you
Are the rest of your 1911's, Taurus's?
I've got many Glocks and quite a few H&K's, please tell me how your 1st H&K outperform Glocks. Are you referring to a Glock 21 gen4?

GOOFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 17:34   #160
Audiman77

I own glocks, sigs, 1911, xdms etc. and to me the hk is superior in fit and finish. I trust my glocks and carry them on duty on the mean streets of Baltimore. But I'd rather have my p2000sk
Audiman77 is offline   Reply With Quote