Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-19-2013, 21:27   #1
wingryder

NEW: Popeil's pocket fisherman!!!

I have not seen this posted anywhere yet. I guess Kel-Tec introduced this at the SHOT show.... The RFB. It's a .308 cal Semi-auto Bullpup, pricepointed under $2 grand!

Hmmmm. I'm intrigued.

MBR Club

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/rfb/

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 21:29   #2
bigmoney890

That's been out for quite sometime now, bud.

ETA: You're about 5 years. Unveiled at the '08 SHOT show.

Custom Survival Bracelets

Last edited by bigmoney890; 01-19-2013 at 21:31..
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 21:31   #3
wingryder

Oh, I got an email from CTD saying it was something introduced at SHOT. My bad!

Old 01-19-2013, 21:33   #4
bigmoney890

Screw Cheaper Than Dirt. No worries. If I could ever get my hands on one, I might put some money down on it.

And they might have introduced a new version of the RFB, but I doubt they would since they can't even keep up with production before the gun rush happened.

Old 01-19-2013, 21:34   #5
ranger1968

It's been out for a couple of years, and while it looks like a really cool concept, no one ever seems to actually have any of them;

This is typical of Kel-Tec; they make some things , like the RFB and Kel-Tec Shotgun (the KSG) that look great, but they can never seem to make them in any quantitiy, or even have a regular production run of them.
ranger1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 21:37   #6
bigmoney890

I don't know what their problem is. They have 10's of thousands of people who are waiting for either the KSG, RFB, or the Sub2000. Last time I checked, there was a 13 month wait for a KSG. If they would ramp up production, they could make a ridiculous amount of money while making a huge amount of people happy.

Old 01-19-2013, 21:42   #7
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
I don't know what their problem is. They have 10's of thousands of people who are waiting for either the KSG, RFB, or the Sub2000. Last time I checked, there was a 13 month wait for a KSG. If they would ramp up production, they could make a ridiculous amount of money while making a huge amount of people happy.
Ramping up production comes with it's own pitfalls, though. Cost of machines, growing pains on new tooling, possibility of your product being banned by law - leaving you with a bunch of tooling you really don't need and paid big bucks for.

Again, I doubt we will see an AWB, but you have to weigh these things against the possibility of buying new tooling if you are a manufacturer.
Old 01-19-2013, 22:12   #8
wingryder

Quote:
Screw Cheaper Than Dirt. No worries.
They beat me to it! They screwed me first. Cancelled my order for AR mags, then had them available for $100/ea! Sure, that's capitalism... but I will never do business with them again... thanks for reminding me to unsubscribe to their newsletter!

Old 01-19-2013, 22:19   #9
itstime

Look at the PMR30. Going for around $600 when I see one.

They came out at $300. Rarely see one.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:50   #10
m2hmghb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
They beat me to it! They screwed me first. Cancelled my order for AR mags, then had them available for $100/ea! Sure, that's capitalism... but I will never do business with them again... thanks for reminding me to unsubscribe to their newsletter!
In some places that's considered fraud, bait and switch.

I will never do business with cheap trollish dumbasses. When I watched their ammo prices more then double in 08 I decided to never do business with them or sportman's guide again(same company owned both, might have changed by now). I literally saw a 300 dollar case of AR ammo jump to 800 dollars after the election results were in.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04   #11
humanguerrilla

Quote:
I'm constantly reading where Kel-Tec has expanded. They are even having to raise the price a good deal on the KSG to recoup expenses because it is supposed to be a named gun by Swinestein. They say that if it isn't banned the price will be reduced again.

I have learned to wait with Kel-tec. They make interesting guns, several I've come to really like, but they almost always have just as interesting issues that get worked out,fixed, redesigned. If you are an early adopter, they make things right if problems affect you but you are actually a beta tester.

Last edited by humanguerrilla; 01-20-2013 at 03:06..
humanguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33   #12
wingryder

the PF9 seems to be a solid little gun... I have never shot one but online consensus has a solid reputation. I would like to eventually get a sub-2000 in glock 9mm... but I don't know about their reliability. I have heard that stuff breaks on them... good customer support but, I would rather have a reliable gun out of the box... not something I have to ship back to the factory for "great customer service".

Old 01-20-2013, 04:02   #13
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

I thought this was going to be a rail mounted fishing rod.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote