SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:29   #1
rcbif
Lock "N" Load!

Got my Burris Fastfire III Pistol Reflex Sight

I've wanted to do this set-up for a while.

I bought the Ruger MK3 last fall. It is stock other than the Hogue grips. They are a must IMHO. They fit my hand like a nice soft glove. I hated the factory checkered grips. But these grips give the Ruger the nice grip that the browning buckmark (my other choice when choosing a .22 pistol) had. Glad I got the Ruger.

Anyways, I got the crown to top it all off last week, the fastfire 3 with ruger dovetail mount. I always drooled over pictures or people Rugers with this setup. It looks like a pistol from starwars or something. The fastfire 3 is a great improvement over the last it seems. Easy to adjust windage and elevation, and 1 auto and 3 manual brightness settings. I couldn't imagine having the old model with only the auto setting. And the older fastfires you had to loosen a setscrew before making either windage or elevation adjustment :-s

Cant wait to get this thing to the range 8)
Will report back

Rimfire Forum
Rimfire Forum
Rimfire Forum
Rimfire Forum
rcbif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58   #2
Inebriated

Sweet man... I'm thinking about putting a Fastfire III on my AK soon.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 13:14   #3
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Those are sexy. I plan on putting one on an old 7.5" Dan Wesson .357 that I milled a custom rail for. How accurate is the sight picture it out at 100 yards??
FLIPPER 348 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:00   #4
TSAX
USAF Vet

The Hogue's feel really good on that gun. Lets us know how you like the FastFire III, I really liked the FastFire II

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member

Last edited by TSAX; 06-03-2012 at 15:01..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:17   #5
HAMMERHEAD

Sweet!
Great pic's.
I was thinking about an optic today as my eyes aren't getting any younger. An older gent showed up with a Mark III topped with an enormous red dot. it was fun to shoot, but something like that would look ridiculous on my 4-5/8" tapered barrel Mark II.
Your pic's have made up my mind for me. I'm holding out for a Fastfire III. Love that mount, it just seems to disappear.
HAMMERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 16:21   #6
rcbif
Lock "N" Load!

Forgot to add, I got it from "thedigitaloasis" for 225 shipped. They appear to have it the cheapest online. The dovetail mount was 43 on ebay.
Old 06-03-2012, 16:40   #7
jhertzler

So, how does it mount?

This has got my interest and curiosity up. How does it mount on the Mark III (actually, I have a MK II that would love to have one). Does it go into the dovetail for the rear sight? Joe.
jhertzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 18:09   #8
rcbif
Lock "N" Load!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhertzler View Post
This has got my interest and curiosity up. How does it mount on the Mark III (actually, I have a MK II that would love to have one). Does it go into the dovetail for the rear sight? Joe.

You remove your rear sight using a brass punch from left to right. I protected the barrel/receiver with some scrap "clamshell" plastic packaging and masking tape to make sure I did not miss and mar the receiver. I also put masking tape on the rear sight to protect that too.

Then insert the dovetail blank (part on left with 2 holes) in the dovetail slot where your rear sight was. The big piece with the square hole then goes down over your new dovetail blank, and the fastfire has 2 screws that come in from the top of the red-dot, thru the "big piece" and into the threaded holes in the mount. The big piece with the square hole is like your sights fountation, and the dovetail blank is it's anchor.

The big piece is actually upsiddown in the picture. The text goes against your barrel/receiver. It literally took 2 minutes to install because the supplied dovetail blank in not a pressure fit item. It slides right in the dovetail slot.

It is an expensive couple pieces of metal and aluminum, but it is some quality stuff.

Rimfire Forum

Last edited by rcbif; 06-03-2012 at 18:13..
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16   #9
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Well this is SUPER cool.....

I bought my 22/45 (mkiii) several months back and installed a Bushnell TRS red dot on it but ended up returning it, despite it working very well. I just didn't like how it changed the balance of the pistol....

I really REALLY like your reflex sight setup here, though. How much did the (new version) Fastfire run you if you don't mind me asking? Also, what is the MOA on the dot?
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32   #10
rcbif
Lock "N" Load!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Well this is SUPER cool.....

I bought my 22/45 (mkiii) several months back and installed a Bushnell TRS red dot on it but ended up returning it, despite it working very well. I just didn't like how it changed the balance of the pistol....

I really REALLY like your reflex sight setup here, though. How much did the (new version) Fastfire run you if you don't mind me asking? Also, what is the MOA on the dot?
225 shipped from "thedigitalosais" . It is the 3moa version that comes with the piccatinny rail mount. I had that on, but it's kinda high and bulky. You have to order the burris ruger dovetail mount separate which is about 40 bucks.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:13   #11
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif View Post
225 shipped from "thedigitalosais" . It is the 3moa version that comes with the piccatinny rail mount. I had that on, but it's kinda high and bulky. You have to order the burris ruger dovetail mount separate which is about 40 bucks.
Cool ... very good to know. The mount is a very important part and I really like your pictured mount.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 20:18   #12
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Tagged for range report.
SpectreRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:09   #13
heymatthew
Revelation 21:4

I just ordered a FFIII and Dovetail Mount for my 22/45 Hunter and got it installed today (thanks for the install tips). Everything looks good so far except that my Hunter has the Hi-Viz front sight and it sticks up into the field of view when looking through the FastFire. This wouldn't be an issue, except that the fiber optic is bright red (or green, if I choose) so it's distracting. I just ordered a basic Ruger front sight to fill the hole where the current HiViz sight is installed. It should be here in a couple of days (hopefully). Until then, I'll just run without anything there.

I called Ruger to get a filler screw and they don't make them for the front sight. The lady couldn't grasp why I wanted to take it off. I don't think she knew what a FastFire was.

I'm impressed so far though. Will try and post photos when I get a chance.

Have you had yours at the range yet?
Three old hunters were walking through the woods. The first one says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I thought it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's get a beer!"
heymatthew is offline   Reply With Quote