GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:37   #1
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 986
Was Jesus Married?

http://www.cbcg.org/was_jesus_married_text.htm


Another great article on this topic

http://www.cbcg.org/was_Jesus_really_married.htm

Last edited by FCoulter; 06-09-2012 at 07:42..
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:10   #2
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 14,859
NO!

The transference of sin, from mankind to Jesus, would have only worked if Jesus was without sin and totally sinless.

...And we know that ALL married men have sinned.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:15   #3
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,161
You have way too much time on your hands Fred. How long did it take to write that paper?
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11   #4
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
NO!

The transference of sin, from mankind to Jesus, would have only worked if Jesus was without sin and totally sinless.

...And we know that ALL married men have sinned.
At least they're all guilty of bigamy, which is a sin.

Assuming you use the common definition of bigamy as having one wife too many...

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 06-09-2012 at 11:12..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 13:23   #5
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,110
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Bazinga!
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 15:26   #6
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,196
No but I'm pretty sure he was banging a hooker.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 15:34   #7
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
You have way too much time on your hands Fred. How long did it take to write that paper?
He didn't. The actual Fred did.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:49   #8
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
33 year old virgin
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02   #9
Dyerbill
Senior Member
 
Dyerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NW In
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Bazinga!
Stop it Sheldon!
__________________
NRA
Dyerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35   #10
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Bazinga!
Religious Issues
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.

Last edited by Kingarthurhk; 06-10-2012 at 09:36..
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:43   #11
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerbill View Post
Stop it Sheldon!
Religious Issues
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:19   #12
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 14,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
No but I'm pretty sure he was banging a hooker.
Aren't we all?

__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:59   #13
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,796
Meh. I saw Da Vinci Code and stopped reading. That book is the Catholic equivalent of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 21:08   #14
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Christ could not have been married because falling in love, getting married and fornicating with one's wife is a sin.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 21:25   #15
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,796
Jesus:
"Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom it is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it" (Matt. 19:11–12).

Paul:
"To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion" (1 Corinthians 7:8-9).

"Are you free from a wife? Do not seek marriage. . . those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that. . . . The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried woman or girl is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit; but the married woman is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please her husband" (7:27-34).

Paul’s conclusion: He who marries "does well; and he who refrains from marriage will do better" (7:38).


Why would Jesus recommend celibacy if he himself didn't practice it? Why would Paul be celibate and recommend celibacy if Jesus was married instead of celibate?
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29   #16
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,110
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Jesus:
"Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom it is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it" (Matt. 19:11–12).

Paul:
"To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion" (1 Corinthians 7:8-9).

"Are you free from a wife? Do not seek marriage. . . those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that. . . . The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried woman or girl is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit; but the married woman is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please her husband" (7:27-34).

Paul’s conclusion: He who marries "does well; and he who refrains from marriage will do better" (7:38).


Why would Jesus recommend celibacy if he himself didn't practice it? Why would Paul be celibate and recommend celibacy if Jesus was married instead of celibate?
Why would a religion recommend celibacy it all? Kind of prevents the birth of future worshipers.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 20:10   #17
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
I think Paul and Jesus might have been getting it on together
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 20:33   #18
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Why would Jesus recommend celibacy if he himself didn't practice it?
The voice of experience....

Quote:
Why would Paul be celibate and recommend celibacy if Jesus was married instead of celibate?
Paul liked to learn from other people's mistakes...

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58   #19
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,110
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
The voice of experience....

Paul liked to learn from other people's mistakes...

Randy
Marriage and celibacy are both mistakes.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58   #20
AlexHassin
Senior Member
 
AlexHassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
No but I'm pretty sure he was banging a hooker.
i knew hookers and blow was devine
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:33.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,173
313 Members
860 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31