Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:44   #1
Vic Hays

Is there a record of sins in heaven after we have asked forgiveness?

According to the Old Testament example of the sanctuary, yes, there is a record of sins kept for a time in the sanctuary.

Sins are transferred by the blood of the sacrifice to the sanctuary and then at the end the sanctuary is cleansed of those sins.

The sanctuary on earth was an example of the one in heaven.

That day of atonement draws a line between the saved and the lost. When Jesus comes again every case has been decided.

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25   #2
G23Gen4TX

Do they Keep a backups of the records of the sins in heaven? You know, in case of a power outage.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46   #3
FCoulter

Hebrews 8:12* For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48   #4
FCoulter

[Moderator] ELLEN SINCE YOU BELIEVE THE RECORD OF SIN REMAINS, CAN A PERSON BE PUNISHED FOR FORGIVEN SINS?

ELLEN: [YES] “It should be remembered that the promises and the threatenings of God are alike conditional.”* {Ev 695.1}

The SDA Church the reprentative of Ellen White adds: “justification by faith, or the pardon we receive while on probation, is a conditional pardon, it is proved by our Saviour's words in Matt. 18:23-35.… "O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me.* Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow-servant, even as I had pity on thee?* And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him."..* This we say is the Bible view of forgiveness in the gospel, or justification by faith, while we are waiting for the decisions of the Judgment.” * JHW* JHWATCHAPTER XIII. APPENDIX. page 0336 paragraph 1

[Moderator] I will now reply, to make sure that the readers have heard you both correctly. Here is an example of the Seventh Day Adventist Church teaching on this issue. Let us say, a murderer repents of his sins, and comes to God through Christ Jesus, the SDA church tells us pardon is written by each murder he committed. Is this correcte Mrs. White?

Ellen responds {YES} FLB 213

[Moderator] But if a few years down the road, this former murderer backslides, and becomes a drunkard and dies in this condition, then during the ‘investigative judgment’ the ‘pardons’ for his murders will be removed; on Judgment day he will not only face the sins he committed after ‘backsliding’ but he will be judged and punished for the sins of murder he was originally pardoned for.

Ellen White: [Correct]

SDA Church: “backsliders… names will be blotted out of the book of life, and their sins [shall] stand against them” The Close of Probation pg 250

[Moderator] Thus the SDA withholds the blood of Jesus from the repentant’s record until they are found worthy by an ‘investigative judgment’, then they say, the repentant will have it applied to their account. If this doctrine is true the Apostles did not have the blood applied until 1800 years after their conversion.

Ellen White and the SDA Church in Unison: {Exactly!}
Old 06-13-2012, 12:49   #5
FCoulter

Dear bible what do you say of this doctrine?

BIBLE: Revelation 1:5** And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

1John 1:9** If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1John 1:7** But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Old 06-13-2012, 15:20   #6
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Dear bible what do you say of this doctrine?

BIBLE: Revelation 1:5** And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

1John 1:9** If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1John 1:7** But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from sin. Does it erase that sin, NO.

Where does that sin go?

Look at the old sanctuary service. The Lamb was slain and the blood with the sin was taken where?

Leviticus 1:10 And if his offering be of the flocks, namely, of the sheep, or of the goats, for a burnt-sacrifice; he shall bring it a male without blemish.
1:11 And he shall kill it on the side of the altar northward before the LORD: and the priests, Aaron’ sons, shall sprinkle his blood round about on the altar.

And at the end of the year the sins are still there in the sanctuary until the Day of Atonement when they go upon the head of the scapegoat.

Leviticus 16:33 And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary, and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation, and for the altar: and he shall make an atonement for the priests, and for all the people of the congregation.
16:34 And this shall be an everlasting statute to you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.

16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

16:21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 06-13-2012 at 15:22..
Old 06-13-2012, 16:35   #7
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
Do they Keep a backups of the records of the sins in heaven? You know, in case of a power outage.

Back up generators. Can't be to careful.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 16:41   #8
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

I saw the file cabinet in Bruce Almighty, it's huge.
Old 06-13-2012, 16:43   #9
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Dear [FRED] what do you say of this doctrine?

Fixed it for you.

Last edited by Kingarthurhk; 06-13-2012 at 16:44..
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 17:34   #10
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Fixed it for you.
Ok thanks, if only you could fix whats wrong with yourself, but it would take a biggie from the Guys upstairs.
Old 06-13-2012, 18:42   #11
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
Wouldn't a catastrophic flood be more likely?

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 19:01   #12
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Ok thanks, if only you could fix whats wrong with yourself, but it would take a biggie from the Guys upstairs.
He has an upper management?
Old 06-13-2012, 19:08   #13
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
I saw the file cabinet in Bruce Almighty, it's huge.
I saw that too. I doubt that the records are on paper though. There are angels who watch and record everything.

Daniel 4:13 I saw in the visions of my head on my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;

Old 06-13-2012, 20:40   #14
MrsUzi4U
Hmmm

Psalm 103
***10He hath not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

***11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him.

***12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.

I read this as "NOT".
MrsUzi4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 22:50   #15
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsUzi4U View Post
Psalm 103
***10He hath not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

***11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him.

***12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.

I read this as "NOT".
There is a record, however, it will not be mentioned to those who come up in the first resurrection. That is a good thing for me.

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.