SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-16-2012, 14:52   #1
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

drawing from a pocket holster

Im practicing with mine and keep pulling it out with my gun is there some trick to it? desantis pocket holster/bg380
Old 06-16-2012, 14:56   #2
WiskyT
Malcontent

If it's the correct size, it should slide right out and leave the holster behind. I have a couple of Nemesis holsters and they work well, not sure if that's the model you have. I don't have any specific "tricks" that I can tell you to do other than to practice with it until you get the feel for it. Obviously you have tried that.

The gun should be pretty looses in the holster. Is it possible someone put the wrong size holster back in the package that you bought?

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 14:59   #3
WiskyT
Malcontent

Just another point, a lot of these holsters have sizing that says something like "Fits small 380 pistols". That's a good guide, but any given specific gun could be too snug in a particular size. The size you got might be perfect for the KT 3AT, but you might need the next size up for the BG380.

If you can, go back to the store and try one for small 9mm's like the PF9. The BG380 might just need that size to work well.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 15:02   #4
poodleplumber

I have a Nemesis for a G26. I have to put a little downward pressure on the muzzle end so the tongue of the holster catches in the pocket. Otherwise, the holster will sometimes come out with the pistol. I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to it, but it may be that the holster comes out easier on pants with roomier pockets.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 16:31   #5
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

It depends on the pocket but more so on how the holster is constructed. The D.M. Bullard I have for my P238 and the homemade Frankenstein version I made out of scrap leather for my BG380 allows the gun to be pulled straight up and out since it has a small tab in the front and the larger one in back.

General Firearms Forum

Yea it's ugly, but we're talking about 10 cents worth of leather and 50 cents worth of rivets vs. $55 for the one above.
General Firearms Forum

With the Desantis one I have, I always have to make sure the back tab is angled during the draw so that it catches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 06-16-2012 at 16:39..
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 17:06   #6
MLittle

If your holster is new you probably need to let the pistol set in the holster for a couple of days, or at the very least, work the pistol in and out of the holster (unloaded of course). It takes a little time for the holster to mold to the handgun.
MLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 17:18   #7
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
It depends on the pocket but more so on how the holster is constructed. The D.M. Bullard I have for my P238 and the homemade Frankenstein version I made out of scrap leather for my BG380 allows the gun to be pulled straight up and out since it has a small tab in the front and the larger one in back.

General Firearms Forum
Ugly as it is, there is something I really like about your homemade pocket holster.

Rimfire Club Member #702

Black Rifle Club Member #702
Gregg702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 17:45   #8
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
Ugly as it is, there is something I really like about your homemade pocket holster.
Thanks, I think.

I could take my time, invest in a bunch of leather tools but when making something for myself, I look at function over form so if it works, it's fine. I've had no leather working experience before and this is only the second holster I've made.

You'd be surprised how much you can make out of a giant $5 bag of scrap leather from Hobby Lobby.

Old 06-16-2012, 19:56   #9
motorcyclist

My LCP sits in a Galco pocket protector. It and my PF9 went through more than a few pocket holsters (leather and fabric) before the Galco. For me it just works. Stays put, pistol slides right out and I can even reholster it in the pocket, something I couldn't do with most fabric holsters. They roll the leather around the top edge and I think that's the bit of magic that makes it work the way it does. Your results may vary...
motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 21:18   #10
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

it was made specifically for th bodyguard, but i now hav the bg sitting in it. I oticed if i pull out and back instad of straight up it works well straight it barely catches my pocket.

This is my "pocket gun"

I will be looking for a iwb gun at some point. Take my cwp cours on july 1
Old 06-16-2012, 22:01   #11
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
it was made specifically for th bodyguard, but i now hav the bg sitting in it. I oticed if i pull out and back instad of straight up it works well straight it barely catches my pocket.

This is my "pocket gun"

I will be looking for a iwb gun at some point. Take my cwp cours on july 1
A lot of "e" letters missing there.

That's how my Desantis pocket holster is. You need to hook the back by titling it quite a bit so the holster dosn't come out with the gun. I would suggest a D.M. Bullard pocket holster or try and make one yourself.

http://store.dmbullardleather.com/ca...2721532742ed94

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 06-16-2012 at 22:02..
Old 06-17-2012, 03:43   #12
dustbusterplus

I purchased a leather pocket holster off eBay and have slightly modified it to work better with the DB9. I'll post a picture of it up tomorrow, but basically I wet molded a thumb push up next to the slide and forced the gun in and out several times while in a plastic bag to loosen the holster up.