Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-25-2012, 18:40   #1
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Ruger 10/22 takedown

Went to the local gun store Friday to look at rifles. Was thinking of .223 or .308, but salesman got me interested in 22s. They had a Ruger 10/22 takedown for $229. Sounded like a good buy. After I got home, I checked online and list is like $339. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it then. Has anyone else seen this rifle at this price?
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 18:42   #2
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
Went to the local gun store Friday to look at rifles. Was thinking of .223 or .308, but salesman got me interested in 22s. They had a Ruger 10/22 takedown for $229. Sounded like a good buy. After I got home, I checked online and list is like $339. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it then. Has anyone else seen this rifle at this price?
Incorrect pricing. Should have been $329.

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 19:08   #3
Scamp
Geaux Tigers!

Yep, for $229 I would have jumped on it fast!
Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 21:32   #4
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Yep, for $229 I would have jumped on it fast!
For $229 I would have bought three and sold two for a profit of at least $250 - enough to pay for the one I kept!

Mine was $390 OTD and I gladly paid it because these things are NOT easy to find!

I hope to take it out to the range this Friday.

TGG

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 21:52   #5
AK74play

I just bought a new stainless one 2 weeks ago and fell in love with it. Always been a 10-22 fan and this is great. I paid just over 300 with tax and was very happy. First mag full at 25 yards with open sights I could cover all 10 rounds with a dime. Definately scope worthy but I soon figured out with a scope mounted it wont fit in the bag it came with which is really nice also. So I added a Midwest Industries Pic sight rail because I hate the weaver rails that come with 10-22's and added a set of Warn quick release steel rings and after sighting it in and removing the scope, the next day I popped it back on and was still dead on, I was a happy man because with this set up it all fits nicely back in the Ruger bag and only takes seconds to snap it all back togather. Prices I have seen very quite a bit because they are still hard to come by but the honest dealers (yes there are a few) will treat you right because they want you to come back. Just good business that some don't seem to have figured out. Buy one and you wont be dissapointed.
Old 06-25-2012, 22:23   #6
Ballisticism
Spray & Pray

I also paid just over 300 with tax.
Ballisticism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:32   #7
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballisticism View Post
I also paid just over 300 with tax.
^^^^^this
Old 06-27-2012, 01:44   #8
bsg1

i'm going to have to get one. in answer to your question... i haven't known of one being sold at a price as low as you were quoted.
bsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:14   #9
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Ok, Ok, I was wrong. Went back to the gun store last night and it was still there... for $329.

I bought it anyway, based on the fact I heard these were hard to find. Very nice gun - incredibly easy to breakdown and put back together. Comes with a really nice carrying case. Hope to take it out to the range next week.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33   #10
Z71bill

I have a 10/22 compact -- never head of a 10/22 "take down"

Maybe my ignorance is showing - but is the only difference between a 10/22 and a 10/22 take down - the ability to take the barrel/for-end apart from the stock?

Why would I want to do this?

Oh I get it - it is for when I am playing secret agent assassin.
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35   #11
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post

Maybe my ignorance is showing - but is the only difference between a 10/22 and a 10/22 take down - the ability to take the barrel/for-end apart from the stock?

This is my first rifle and just thought it was pretty sweet being able to breakdown the rifle and easily carry in the nice case they give you. I just got it and can take apart and re-assemble in seconds. See: http://www.ruger.com/resources/videos.html?vidID=022002

Don't know that this would be a good secret agent gun. Thinking more of a Walther PPK, if you can find it.
- John Adams
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36   #12
Magus
Deo Vindice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post

Well there is the secret agent assassin factor.

But honestly the takedown ability is pretty nice. Very handy for having a lot of your .22 gear in it for a day at the range if you use the case it comes with. Just a nice little portable package. The takedown ability also makes it a little easier to clean in my opinion. Love mine.

And to the OP, I paid about $350.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote