Old 06-26-2012, 03:29   #1
G-19

LP Hypocrisy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...117.html?flv=1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae..._b_792184.html

G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06   #2
Chronos

I don't remember RP or AR ever saying it was wrong for individuals to try to recover stolen (taxed) income by means of existing government programs. If they did take such a position, then you'd definitely have some hypocrisy to point to and I'd agree 100% with you. I simply doubt you'll be able to produce anything resembling that.

Heck, I'm an anarcho-capitalist (meaning I think markets are more moral and more efficient than government, and should replace it entirely), and even I think you're morally justified in trying to recover losses inflicted by the government if they'll hand you some of your money back.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:31   #3
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Too funny.
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:55   #4
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
VIP-DIP meaning Venerated in Public, Disdained in Private. "Do as I say, not as I do."

Sounds a lot like the excuse used for spending that was not Constitutionally mandated.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21   #5
JBnTX
Texas

Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional

I don't like Ron Paul and I don't think the government should be in the retirement business, BUT Ron Paul has a right to his Social Security check, regardless of how much money he makes now.

The government took that money from him all through his working life, with the promise of a retirement check.

He's entitled to that money just as much as the poorest person in America is.

Don't like it? Then the government should get out of the retirement business and quit making promises they can't keep.

Last edited by JBnTX; 06-26-2012 at 06:23..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:53   #6
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

OP is still trollin' I see.

I disagree with Paul here.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 14:33   #7
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
OP is still trollin' I see.

I disagree with Paul here.
So now trolling means pointing out that the LP party practices a "do as I say not as I do" approach to just about everything. If that is what it means I guess I am trolling.

Time and time again Certified Funds and other Paulbots have referred to those on SS as stealing from tax payers, some even claimed it was at gun point. I was just pointing out that Ron was one of those willfully stealing from the tax payers. If RP was such a man of principal then he would decline the money. The Paulites have been quick to claim SS taxes are just a tax and not a retirement fund, but now that Ronnie is getting it they claim he has a right to it. Seems like talking out both sides of their mouth to me. How does this type of hypocrisy differ from what the Republicans and Democrats do?

It seems to me that if the Paulites do not agree with Paul collecting SS, then they would be hypocrites if they continue to support his bid for the WH. If they continue to support him they are saying it is ok for him to not live up to a standard they want everyone else to live up to.

But then again, I am just trolling for pointing it out.

Last edited by G-19; 06-26-2012 at 14:45..
Old 06-26-2012, 14:41   #8
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional

I don't like Ron Paul and I don't think the government should be in the retirement business, BUT Ron Paul has a right to his Social Security check, regardless of how much money he makes now.

The government took that money from him all through his working life, with the promise of a retirement check.

He's entitled to that money just as much as the poorest person in America is.

Don't like it? Then the government should get out of the retirement business and quit making promises they can't keep.

I agree, if someone works their whole life and pays into it, they are ENTITLED to it when the time comes.
Old 06-26-2012, 14:42   #9
Chronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
So now trolling means pointing out that the LP party practices a "do as I say not as I do" approach to just about everything. If that is what it mean I guess I am trolling.

Time and time again Certified Funds has referred to those on SS as stealing from tax payers, even claimed it was at gun point. I was just pointing out that Ron was one of those willfully stealing from the tax payers. If RP was such a man of principal then he would decline the money. The Paulites have been quick to claim SS taxes are just a tax and not a retirement fund, but now that Ronnie is getting it they claim he has a right to it. Seems like talking out both sides of their mouth to me. How does this type of hypocrisy differ from what the Republicans and Democrats do?

But then again, I am just trolling for pointing it out.

Edited to add: I firmly believe Paul has a right to claim SS, just as every other person who paid into it has a right to claim it.
There is no "right to SS" -- such a thing simply doesn't exist. But there is nothing wrong or hypocritical with trying to reclaim what has been stolen from you, while you still have a chance to get it.

Others (not RP) may have taken a much stronger position that an individual choosing to accept repayment is wrong -- and for those people, personally accepting repayment would be hypocritical. But you have yet to produce any examples of those people.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Old 06-26-2012, 14:44   #10
Chronos

Quote:
I agree, if someone works their whole life and pays into it, they are ENTITLED to it when the time comes.
Are you *entitled* to be repayed from a Ponzi scheme that collapses?
Old 06-26-2012, 14:49   #11
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Are you *entitled* to be repayed from a Ponzi scheme that collapses?
Difference in a Ponzi scheme and SS is that you did not willfully invest into SS. If you willfully invest in something that turns out to be a Ponzi scheme, tough luck.
Old 06-26-2012, 14:52   #12
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
There is no "right to SS" -- such a thing simply doesn't exist. But there is nothing wrong or hypocritical with trying to reclaim what has been stolen from you, while you still have a chance to get it.

Others (not RP) may have taken a much stronger position that an individual choosing to accept repayment is wrong -- and for those people, personally accepting repayment would be hypocritical. But you have yet to produce any examples of those people.
You actually miss the point. I am more interested in the hypocrisy of the LP supporting someone who does not actually believe/support the LP platform since SS is one of the chief complaints I have heard on here from them.
Old 06-26-2012, 15:02   #13
G-19

First let me say I agree with what another poster said, I am not a Romneybot, I am a " anyone but Obamabot".

I am accused of trolling for pointing out something about RP, but go back and look how many anti-Romney posts there are that have been posted by LPers. I guess they are just trolls also.
Old 06-26-2012, 15:07   #14
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:

... but go back and look how many anti-Romney posts there are that have been posted by LPers. I guess they are just trolls also.

No, they're Obama supporters.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 15:08   #15
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
No, they're Obama supporters.
Maybe it is just another case of it is ok for me, but not you.
Old 06-26-2012, 15:43   #16
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Ten million dollars in shrimp earmarks placed by career congressman Ron Paul. Eight million dollars for marketing plus two million dollars for research.
Did the founding fathers anticipate this?

"Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it. There's, um, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp in potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That's, that's about it."

Wild shrimp!
I am your pork pimp!
I'll make federal funds ... easy!
Wild shrimp!

Wild shrimp, I want to pimp you
But I gotta know for sure.
Will eight mil be enough?
You need it...

Wild shrimp!
My values go limp!
I'm just an earmark pimp
For my wild shrimp!

Political Issues
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 15:48   #17
G-19

I am waiting on the "You must hate the COTUS/Freedom" response.
Old 06-26-2012, 16:24   #18
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Quote:
I am waiting on the "You must hate the COTUS/Freedom" response.
You hate freedom, the Constitution, puppies, apple pie, baseball, and hot dogs. And HK hates you, because you're not an operator.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 16:34   #19
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
You hate freedom, the Constitution, puppies, apple pie, baseball, and hot dogs. And HK hates you, because you're not an operator.
Haha.
Old 06-26-2012, 16:37   #20
wprebeck
Got quacks?

You know we're in the same line of work, right? I'm local, not state, though.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote