SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-26-2012, 20:08   #1
Queen Bee

Full Review Springfield XDS .45ACP.

Full Review Springfield XDS .45ACP.

as close to a glock as you can get SA, great job In my opinion, better than the Glock 36 and 30. especially for carry.
Ok, so i can give you a good summary of the gun in question. Sniper and I, shot 200 rounds of WWB 230gr. and blazer aluminum 230 gr. through my new XDS.
Recoil: im sure you all want to know how it shot. and to be honest , Me personally, i thought from shooting the glock 30 vs the XDS, the XDS had lighter recoil. my first shot i was like this is not a .45ACP ... its just not, its lighting quick recoil like a 9, but both me and Sniper said all the recoil goes directly back because of the low bore axis, i shot a 1911 and honestly while the 1911 weighed more , it had more flip than the little XDS. the XDS is very .. well glock like.. it handles recoil amazingly. The gun was flawless, no malfunctions at all. ate everything right out of the box after i threw some clp on the slide rails.

Exterior:
Size: Subcompact glock but thinner i want to say. Sniper was able to Pocket this gun in his cargo side pants pocket, as well as his regular pocket. im guessing its because mens overly large front pockets. i cannot pocket this gun, but its thinness will make a great IWB gun, it will replace my glock 26 for carry when i can go bigger than my LCP
Feel - has really good slide serrations and makes overhand racking a breeze, dare i say it better than a glock's slide serrations . this coming from a Glock Girl . Stippling on the grip is excellent, i would love it if glock came out this type of raised pyramids on their Gen 4's instead of the smaller sand paper ish grips. trigger guard is oversized and makes for easy gloved hand used. I tested out my Mechanix M-Pact work gloves and worked great. I can fit my 3 fingers on the gun standard, but people with larger hands will only have 2 fingers on it im guessing

Trigger - this is what i will call The closest thing SA has come to making a glock trigger,i give them a 7 out of 10 vs. a glock trigger. due to the complete redesign of the gun, i honestly think they borrowed a bit .. about the same amount of initial uptake as a glock, id say pound is about a 6lb break. After the initial take up it has a tad more to go then its as if it just lets go and finishes like glock stock trigger. very staple gun glock trigger. Reset is a tad longer but very close.

Mag Release - This is where my dislike comes out . Very tough to push that button if a full mag is in and slide is not locked back. Honestly its tougher than most mag releases ive played with. that could be because its new. It was easier when mag was finished only by a tad.

Sights - nice 3 dot white in rear and fiber optic in front. Great in Daylight outdoors, not so great indoor range. especially with the red fiber in it. I will be switching out for a Green fiber supplied, and when Night sights are made i will switch out of them.
Magazine - Easy to load and quality .
Take Down - Easy

Last edited by Queen Bee; 06-26-2012 at 20:09..
Queen Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 22:03   #2
Dan Glock

Nice review! Just took out my XDs from the gunshop today very excited. The mag release is tough.
Old 06-26-2012, 22:04   #3
glockurai

Thanks for the review. I'm actually considering buying a XDs as soon as my LGS has them in stock.
Old 06-27-2012, 17:46   #4
cowboy1964

I don't know what the deal is with Springfield and mag release buttons. My XD 45 Compact was also ridiculously difficult to press when the mag was full. Like, needed to almost take a sledgehammer to it difficult. The early XDS I handled at the gun shop a few weeks ago was also very stiff even with an empty mag but the guy said it was because it was a "prototype" gun and not a production one. Yeah, we'll see.

I agree about the recoil, very soft. I attribute part of that to the 3.3" barrel. Less velocity = less felt recoil.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 06-27-2012 at 17:46..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 18:20   #5
Beretta92guy

i just bought a XDm 45, great gun....im really liking SA
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 19:18   #6
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
Mag Release - This is where my dislike comes out . Very tough to push that button if a full mag is in and slide is not locked back. Honestly its tougher than most mag releases ive played with. that could be because its new. It was easier when mag was finished only by a tad.
I actually like these about this gun. When I pocket carried my Kahr, the mag would pop out on occasion (even in a pocket holster). To have the mag tight to get out when full, but easier when partially full or empty is the best of both worlds IMO.

Speaking of which, anyone making a decent pocket holster for this gun yet? Only one I know of to date is High Noon holster, but I find his leather holster (not softy type) to be excessively thick.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 20:09   #7
bac1023

Congrats and thanks for the review.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote