Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:32   #1
rkguy9

mgw #309 sight pusher instructions

I recently purchased a "new" never used MGW #309, sight tool, off eBay. The seller said he never used it. Tool is fine, but the printed instructions were not included. Although I know that utube has visual instructions, I would like to get a copy of the printed instructions for this tool. Can anyone help me? My info is in profile, thanks.
rkguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29   #2
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

I no longer have the instructions that came with mine, but from what I remember there isn't much to know. I recall that they did say you are supposed to lubricate the threads on the main screw with grease every time you use it. That didn't surprise me since it's a steel screw riding in aluminum threads in the housing. My impression when using it was that you really should pay attention to that lubrication requirement too. Lots of grease on the threads sure does make it feel like it works better.

I used that black Moly wheel bearing grease just because that's all I had on hand, and it worked well. I don't think I'd use the white Lithium stuff on it.

Last edited by Brian Lee; 04-26-2013 at 12:31..
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 13:13   #3
Aragorn77

Sights, Optics and Lasers
Aragorn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:19   #4
rkguy9

mgw instructions

Thanks, Aragorn77, that's what I was looking for.
rkguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 17:04   #5
Mike Bell

Quote:
it's a steel screw riding in aluminum threads in the housing.
That's false.

Here is how the MGW pushers are made. The main threaded shaft, screws in and out of a threaded STEEL bushing that is (threaded in side and out side) Screwed in, jammed and loc'tited into the aluminum body. The main shaft is also threaded internally with a left handed thread pitch for the support shaft that rides inside the support hole in the body on the right side.

Any lubricating oil will work on the threads. Do not use WD-40 because it turns into a thick nasty varnish over time.

MGW tools are the best, I have some that are probly 20 years old. I have also modified several to fit other guns as needed. If anybody has any questions about MGW tools let me know, even if you need spare parts... I got a couple of boxes full of MGW tools and parts.

Another thing........

Some sights it doesn't matter if it goes in right to left or right to left. Not all guns are the same, as the same as different sight makers put lead-ins on the dovetails on different sides of the sight. **** Look at the sight to verify**** I like to start sights by hand and visually look at them to make sure they are seated in to the bottom and centered.

Don't screw up your gun or sights by being careless. AND ALWAYS fit the sight to the gun, never alter your guns dovetail unless you know what your doing. Even then I wouldn't do it.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 04-30-2013 at 17:24..
Mike Bell is offline   Reply With Quote