Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 12:05   #1
glockman66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,044
Holmes Norton blames NRA for Brian Terry’s murder, Fast and Furious

Sounds like Washington, D.C., Democratic Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton's brain cells have gone past their expiration date and are starting to go bad/decompose.


http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/28/ho...t-and-furious/
Holmes Norton blames NRA for Brian Terry’s murder, Fast and Furious
Published: 3:34 PM 06/28/2012
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:09   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,709
What's scary is that some people will believe her.

Irresponsible people like her should not be allowed to hold public office.
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:56   #3
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,127
the collective brain mass of the D.C. elected body could fill a thimble and still leave room for the pinkie.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 13:03   #4
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,535
Yeah, the border states have such lax gun laws that the BATFE had to allow them to be broken so they could catch the gun runners violating those lax gun laws and put an end to the gun runners. THey chose not to enforce the laws, didn't arrest nor prosecute any of the "gun runners" that broke those said loose laws, and allowed the weapons to be used on innocent people. Makes sense to me. Rather than enforcing the laws on the books and arresting the violators we need more laws...
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 13:03   #5
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What's scary is that some people will believe her.

Irresponsible people like her should not be allowed to hold public office.
I would say most people people JB...
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 13:32   #6
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,407
Just so we know who she is..............

Political Issues



Political Issues



Political Issues



Political Issues




Political Issues

Appears to be another angry black woman.
__________________
November 2014 - The Republicans Take the Senate & Keep the House! Get Out and Rock the Vote!! Yes, YOU!!
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 16:06   #7
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,910
why do these idiots share so many physical characteristics...



Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 16:41   #8
wjv
Senior Member
 
wjv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 12,605
Her and Waxman would be a "made for each other" couple. . .

Political Issues
__________________
Bill
Pacific NW


The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 16:46   #9
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane
 
Fred Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
why do these idiots share so many physical characteristics...



Doc44
Forrest's mama always said "Fugly is as fugly does".

__________________
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 16:49   #10
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,048
She's just mad cause her sugar daddy Holder got spanked!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 18:16   #11
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
Her and Waxman would be a "made for each other" couple. . .

Political Issues





.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 18:22   #12
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,611
Another person of no intellegence and a big loud mouth in politics, imagine that.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 18:25   #13
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 35,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
Sounds like Washington, D.C., Democratic Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton's brain cells have gone past their expiration date and are starting to go bad/decompose.


http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/28/ho...t-and-furious/
Holmes Norton blames NRA for Brian Terry’s murder, Fast and Furious
Published: 3:34 PM 06/28/2012
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller
This is a sign that the Dems are worried. I guess the issue with Holder has them on the defensive and they have decided it won't go away. Welcome to their "fighting back" strategy. People believe what agrees with the beliefs they already have - liberals will believe this story.

You ahve to wonder if the same nuttiness that leads you to name a girl Holmes is also responsible for how she turned out.
__________________
"Liberal" is when you hire others to use a guns to protect you, so you can pretend guns aren't necessary.

Last edited by Bren; 06-29-2012 at 18:27..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 18:27   #14
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 27,832
Blog Entries: 1


__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 18:27   #15
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
This is a sign that the Dems are worried. I guess the issue with Holder has them on the defensive and they have decided it won't go away. Welcome to their "fighting back" strategy. People believe what agrees with the beliefs they already have - liberals will believe this story.

I find that "NRA as Boogey-Man" has really lost its steam in the past few years...

Maybe it still plays in that small leftist circle-jerk echo chamber...


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 19:15   #16
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
I offer a possible motivation driving Eleanor Holmes Norton: her political career has dead-ended.

About 25 years ago, she was one of the MAJOR up-and-comers in the Liberal spectrum. She was eloquent, intelligent, well-read, and presented well in front of cameras. Many picked her to be as big a player as anyone else in the Black political sphere.

She is now in a glorious-SOUNDING, but in reality low-level government job. She is NOT a TRUE member of the House of Representatives representing DC; her "house membership" was kludged together to keep her constituency happy. Her only voting right in the House is when the House meets in committee or advisory procedural votes. When the House votes in a FINAL approval/disapproval vote, she has NO vote.

It is apparent that THAT is as high as she will ever rise in national political circles. Time and opportunity have passed her personal situation by; that can partly explain her comments and attitude.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 06-29-2012 at 19:17..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 20:58   #17
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
I offer a possible motivation driving Eleanor Holmes Norton: her political career has dead-ended.

About 25 years ago, she was one of the MAJOR up-and-comers in the Liberal spectrum. She was eloquent, intelligent, well-read, and presented well in front of cameras. Many picked her to be as big a player as anyone else in the Black political sphere.

She is now in a glorious-SOUNDING, but in reality low-level government job. She is NOT a TRUE member of the House of Representatives representing DC; her "house membership" was kludged together to keep her constituency happy. Her only voting right in the House is when the House meets in committee or advisory procedural votes. When the House votes in a FINAL approval/disapproval vote, she has NO vote.

It is apparent that THAT is as high as she will ever rise in national political circles. Time and opportunity have passed her personal situation by; that can partly explain her comments and attitude.

Bitterness is never pretty...


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 21:29   #18
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Bitterness is never pretty...
She is now 75; bitterness is entirely possible when time has passed you by.

The driving force behind the old "Statehood for DC" was the thought that two senators elected by a heavily minority base would be added to Congress. When the DC-statehood push lost momentum, a lot of people knew they had lost their cleanest shot at public prominence.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 21:53   #19
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 29,927


Look at the size of those nostrils. Crazy.
__________________
The West is the Best.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:37   #20
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
She is now 75; bitterness is entirely possible when time has passed you by.

The driving force behind the old "Statehood for DC" was the thought that two senators elected by a heavily minority base would be added to Congress. When the DC-statehood push lost momentum, a lot of people knew they had lost their cleanest shot at public prominence.

Yeah -- that whole D.C. statehood thing was an amusing episode...Kind of like watching a real life but ignoble Don Quixote tilting at a windmill.

The city of D.C. has an ego far out of proportion to its worth. Because they had the historical happenstance of becoming the hub of federal governance -- mainly 'cause it was such a worthless piece of swamp property centered among the colonies, everyone was willing to compromise on its location -- they act like the rest of the nation owes them recognition and honor (there's that entitlement mindset again).

I recall a few years ago, the city of D.C. was floating the notion of imposing a commuter tax on the some 600,000-or-so (prolly many more now, under Obama) federal employees that came streaming into the city -- as if that effin' city would even exist if those hundreds of thousands of people didn't come into the city, pouring their dollars into the local economy (not to mention the myriad buildings on which the FedGov pays exorbitant rent).


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:11.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,190
340 Members
850 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31