GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 18:25   #1
4Rules
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,013
Gunmen target churches in Kenya

NAIROBI, Kenya Gunmen killed two policemen guarding a church, snatched their rifles and then opened fire on the congregation from inside and out on Sunday, killing 15 people and wounding 40, security officials said.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/world/112975-gunmen-target-churches-in-kenya
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 19:41   #2
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 12,469
I'm going to take an educated guess and say it was the (muslims)religion of peace again.
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 23:43   #3
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,243
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Do we differentiate between radical Muslims attacking in the name of God and criminals who do terrible things who happen to also be Muslim?

Because I can look in the paper every day and find you stories about criminals who happen to be Christian. Does that equate to Christian terrorism?

Or are they bad people regardless of the majority religion in their country?
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:49   #4
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Do we differentiate between radical Muslims attacking in the name of God and criminals who do terrible things who happen to also be Muslim?

Because I can look in the paper every day and find you stories about criminals who happen to be Christian. Does that equate to Christian terrorism?

Or are they bad people regardless of the majority religion in their country?
Motivation has a lot to do with it. That's why we have hate crime laws. It's bad to kill someone, worse to kill them because they were black or gay or whatever just like it's bad to shoot up a church, worse to shoot up a church because your own religion says so.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:04   #5
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Do we differentiate between radical Muslims attacking in the name of God and criminals who do terrible things who happen to also be Muslim?

Because I can look in the paper every day and find you stories about criminals who happen to be Christian. Does that equate to Christian terrorism?

Or are they bad people regardless of the majority religion in their country?
Disingenuous.

The Bible says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself", never mind their religion. If a 'Christian' murders someone, he does so AGAINST what the Bible says. But the Koran says, "Slay the infidel", so when a Muslim murders a non-Muslim, he does so WITH THE BLESSING of his holy book. He's told he gets 72 virgins.

The Fort Hood shooter yelled, "Allahu Akbar!" while committing murders of non-Muslims -his religion underwrote this evil behavior. Both he and Islam are guilty of mass murder.

And today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has risen to 19,168, with aid and comfort from traitorous Western dhimmis..
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09   #6
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,243
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Disingenuous.

The Bible says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself", never mind their religion. If a 'Christian' murders someone, he does so AGAINST what the Bible says. But the Koran says, "Slay the infidel", so when a Muslim murders a non-Muslim, he does so WITH THE BLESSING of his holy book. He's told he gets 72 virgins.

The Fort Hood shooter yelled, "Allahu Akbar!" while committing murders of non-Muslims -his religion underwrote this evil behavior. Both he and Islam are guilty of mass murder.

And today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has risen to 19,168, with aid and comfort from traitorous Western dhimmis..
In other words, bad Christians aren't really Christians, and bad Muslims are all terrorists.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 13:12   #7
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 10,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Do we differentiate between radical Muslims attacking in the name of God and criminals who do terrible things who happen to also be Muslim?

Because I can look in the paper every day and find you stories about criminals who happen to be Christian. Does that equate to Christian terrorism?

Or are they bad people regardless of the majority religion in their country?
I do. I believe this to be yet another case of Muslims murdering Christians for religious motivations. Al Shabaab has been active in Kenya as well as Uganda and Boko Haram have been busy little bees murdering Christians in Nigeria. Do you have a vested emotional interest in wanting this to NOT be more Muslim terrorism? Does this even remotely look to you like some group who wanted to steal wallets and purses but inadvertently murdered church goers?
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32, 36 and 42.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 13:17   #8
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 10,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Motivation has a lot to do with it. That's why we have hate crime laws. It's bad to kill someone, worse to kill them because they were black or gay or whatever just like it's bad to shoot up a church, worse to shoot up a church because your own religion says so.
If you believe that blacks and gays have more value than other people that conclusion might make sense. I don't consider a burglar or serial killer who kills to be somehow less evil than someone who kills because they don't like blacks or gays. And I certainly do not consider the lives they take to be of any less value than the lives of gay or black victims.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32, 36 and 42.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:54   #9
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
In other words, bad Christians aren't really Christians, and bad Muslims are all terrorists.
Are these "bad Christians" you're talking about contrite at all? That makes a difference you know. Jesus offers forgiveness to genuinely repentant sinners.

As for "bad Muslims", do you mean bad in our Judeo-Christian sense (i.e. guilty of robbery, rape, murder, etc), or do you mean bad as in not following what Islam teaches? Followers of a 'prophet' who raped a 9 year old girl and beheaded a Jewish tribe cannot reasonably be expected to excel at distinguishing good from evil. Long ago, Winston Churchill noted, "Where the Hindu elaborates his argument, the Moslem sharpens his sword". Do you have any insight, can you tell us, woofie, why are dhimmis supporting the dark side?
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 20:33   #10
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Disingenuous.

The Bible says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself", never mind their religion. If a 'Christian' murders someone, he does so AGAINST what the Bible says. But the Koran says, "Slay the infidel", so when a Muslim murders a non-Muslim, he does so WITH THE BLESSING of his holy book. He's told he gets 72 virgins.

The Fort Hood shooter yelled, "Allahu Akbar!" while committing murders of non-Muslims -his religion underwrote this evil behavior. Both he and Islam are guilty of mass murder.

And today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has risen to 19,168, with aid and comfort from traitorous Western dhimmis..
So how do you expand all the murdering done in the bible, in gods name. Love your enemy, but kill every last one of them, and their livestock. The bible is just as good or bad as the Koran, it just depends on who is cherry picking it.
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 20:39   #11
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Are these "bad Christians" you're talking about contrite at all? That makes a difference you know. Jesus offers forgiveness to genuinely repentant sinners.

As for "bad Muslims", do you mean bad in our Judeo-Christian sense (i.e. guilty of robbery, rape, murder, etc), or do you mean bad as in not following what Islam teaches? Followers of a 'prophet' who raped a 9 year old girl and beheaded a Jewish tribe cannot reasonably be expected to excel at distinguishing good from evil. Long ago, Winston Churchill noted, "Where the Hindu elaborates his argument, the Moslem sharpens his sword". Do you have any insight, can you tell us, woofie, why are dhimmis supporting the dark side?
Yeah, how are people suppose to know right from wrong when their spiritual leaders are raping children? Maybe we should ask the Vatican. Didn't Moses have the Levites slaughter 3000 Israelites for worshiping a golden calf? How could any follower of this prophet know right from wrong?


the problem is all religious groups sacrifice reason for faith, and once that is done the previously unthinkable becomes reasonable. Christians were slaughtering Jews in europe in the 40s, and, and Muslims in the Balkans in the 90s. Catholic priests took part in the Rwandan Genocide, and a Christian group is murdering scores of people and abducting kids in the Sudan today.

Last edited by High-Gear; 07-07-2012 at 20:44..
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 21:09   #12
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,243
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Yeah, how are people suppose to know right from wrong when their spiritual leaders are raping children? Maybe we should ask the Vatican. Didn't Moses have the Levites slaughter 3000 Israelites for worshiping a golden calf? How could any follower of this prophet know right from wrong?


the problem is all religious groups sacrifice reason for faith, and once that is done the previously unthinkable becomes reasonable. Christians were slaughtering Jews in europe in the 40s, and, and Muslims in the Balkans in the 90s. Catholic priests took part in the Rwandan Genocide, and a Christian group is murdering scores of people and abducting kids in the Sudan today.
You're supposed to ignore that because Muslims have committed 19000 attacks.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:55   #13
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
the problem is all religious groups sacrifice reason for faith, and once that is done the previously unthinkable becomes reasonable
You have a point here. That's why we need to be careful about which religion we choose. The Bible warns that there will be many false prophets. "By their works ye shall know them". Atheistic communism, functioning as a false religion, murdered 100 million innocent men, women and children in the 20th century. Mohammed's Islam, another false religion, has murdered an estimated 280 million innocents, and counting. Atheist Hitler's National Socialism, yet another false religion, murdered further millions. (That said, the Bible also notes that while those who can kill our body are bad enough, but the ones to really fear are those who can kill our soul.)

You see, 'religion' is just one's beliefs about who we are and what kind of world we live in; our understanding of the nature and meaning of our existence. Therefore religion is something everyone has, especially hypocritical atheists up on their high horse.

False prophets may have names such as Adolf, Marx, Mohammed, or other. I think Satan's Left is well on its way to subjugating the US politically with the UN International Small Arms Treaty, to be signed by month's end, to wipe out our Second Amendment, making us easier to herd into cattle cars and killing fields. That would certainly facilitate evildoers killing the bodies of good people, as happened in the Armenian Genocide when Muslims murdered over a million Christians, Hitler's and Mao's death camps, etc (although their souls live on in heaven, I believe God wills us to defend our families and selves here and now, when possible. Thus Luke 22:36).


As in every age, in the ongoing battle between good and evil, until the end of time when Christ will come again, people have to choose which side they're on.

Choose life.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.

Last edited by snowbird; 07-08-2012 at 06:56..
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:31   #14
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,688


Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Disingenuous.

The Bible says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself", never mind their religion. If a 'Christian' murders someone, he does so AGAINST what the Bible says. But the Koran says, "Slay the infidel", so when a Muslim murders a non-Muslim, he does so WITH THE BLESSING of his holy book. He's told he gets 72 virgins.

The Fort Hood shooter yelled, "Allahu Akbar!" while committing murders of non-Muslims -his religion underwrote this evil behavior. Both he and Islam are guilty of mass murder.

And today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has risen to 19,168, with aid and comfort from traitorous Western dhimmis..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
In other words, bad Christians aren't really Christians, and bad Muslims are all terrorists.
I'd have to say I agree with you being disingenuous on this one.

If a Christian is chanting scripture or something similar while he is pulling the trigger, then yes, he is a violent religious fanatic.

If either a christian or muslim is chanting "hand over the money" or something similar, then they are crooks.

Muslims chanting allahu akbar while pulling the trigger are violent religious fanatics.

It's all rather simple. Not all muslims are violent jihadists, but it seems that an awful lot of violent jihadists tend to be muslim.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 13:19   #15
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
You have a point here. That's why we need to be careful about which religion we choose. The Bible warns that there will be many false prophets. "By their works ye shall know them". Atheistic communism, functioning as a false religion, murdered 100 million innocent men, women and children in the 20th century. Mohammed's Islam, another false religion, has murdered an estimated 280 million innocents, and counting. Atheist Hitler's National Socialism, yet another false religion, murdered further millions. (That said, the Bible also notes that while those who can kill our body are bad enough, but the ones to really fear are those who can kill our soul.)

You see, 'religion' is just one's beliefs about who we are and what kind of world we live in; our understanding of the nature and meaning of our existence. Therefore religion is something everyone has, especially hypocritical atheists up on their high horse.

False prophets may have names such as Adolf, Marx, Mohammed, or other. I think Satan's Left is well on its way to subjugating the US politically with the UN International Small Arms Treaty, to be signed by month's end, to wipe out our Second Amendment, making us easier to herd into cattle cars and killing fields. That would certainly facilitate evildoers killing the bodies of good people, as happened in the Armenian Genocide when Muslims murdered over a million Christians, Hitler's and Mao's death camps, etc (although their souls live on in heaven, I believe God wills us to defend our families and selves here and now, when possible. Thus Luke 22:36).


As in every age, in the ongoing battle between good and evil, until the end of time when Christ will come again, people have to choose which side they're on.

Choose life.
Hitler was not an Atheist, nor we're the rest of the nazis.

How many people have Christians killed? Know them by their works eh?
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 14:05   #16
Phaze5ive
Senior Member
 
Phaze5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Land of Teddy Bears
Posts: 867
Darn. I guess all the good Christians were too busy kidnapping and conscripting children in Uganda, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and the Central African Republic to defend that church.
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 14:50   #17
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,688


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
Darn. I guess all the good Christians were too busy kidnapping and conscripting children in Uganda, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and the Central African Republic to defend that church.
Good? No, bad behavior should be condemned regardless of religious belief.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 15:30   #18
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,243
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'd have to say I agree with you being disingenuous on this one.

If a Christian is chanting scripture or something similar while he is pulling the trigger, then yes, he is a violent religious fanatic.

If either a christian or muslim is chanting "hand over the money" or something similar, then they are crooks.

Muslims chanting allahu akbar while pulling the trigger are violent religious fanatics.

It's all rather simple. Not all muslims are violent jihadists, but it seems that an awful lot of violent jihadists tend to be muslim.
Obviously you can see a difference. Snowbird doesn't.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 17:42   #19
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,651
A week later and snowbird still hasn't posted this story. Shocking really.

Kenyan Muslim groups 'to protect churches'
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 19:06   #20
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,243
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
At first I read "protect" as "protest."
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:20.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 621
130 Members
491 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31