Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2013, 17:41   #21
shatteringstar
Suspicious Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauliec View Post
had the appointment at hamilton county yesterday.....they were all very pleasant. she came and got me early and I was out the door inside of 15 minutes. not bad at all. now hoping it gets processed quickly!
ive had similar luck in Hamilton county. my license was ready in 3 days.
shatteringstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 19:37   #22
BIGBILL105 45
Glock 19

Got mine in Clermont county. Smooth process, took 16 days I believe.
BIGBILL105 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 20:09   #23
windancr

Clermont county was where I got mine. Only because the Hamilton county sheriff's office is downtown, and I didn't want to drive downtown.
Clermont people were really nice. Got license very quickly, but don't remember how long it too. Was out of state when it arrived.

Alex
windancr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 20:40   #24
BIGBILL105 45
Glock 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by windancr View Post
Clermont county was where I got mine. Only because the Hamilton county sheriff's office is downtown, and I didn't want to drive downtown.
Clermont people were really nice. Got license very quickly, but don't remember how long it too. Was out of state when it arrived.
I got mine in the beginning of October 2012 I believe. It may of been late September, so it was before all the scares from the shootings. They have a much longer wait currently I heard. Did you go to the Sheriff's office in Batavia?
Old 06-23-2013, 23:49   #25
windancr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBILL105 45 View Post
I got mine in the beginning of October 2012 I believe. It may of been late September, so it was before all the scares from the shootings. They have a much longer wait currently I heard. Did you go to the Sheriff's office in Batavia?
yes, the sheriff's office in Batavia. Really nice people there.
They all knew what they were doing, and what was needed for the license. Called before going there, and was given a list of what was needed to take with me.

Filled out paper work there, went to the jail building across road, (parking lots,) and got fingerprinted.
Then back to Sheriff's office to turn in the fingerprint cards.
About two weeks later they called and said to come in and pick up the license.

The longest wait was at the jail. Had to wait while they printed and processed people in and out of the jail.
That was interesting and educational to observe.

Took the training class in Milford. Excellent instructors.
They were current LEO's and/or military, also NRA instructors.

Alex
Old 06-24-2013, 03:20   #26
BIGBILL105 45
Glock 19

Quote:
They all knew what they were doing, and what was needed for the license. Called before going there, and was given a list of what was needed to take with me.

Filled out paper work there, went to the jail building across road, (parking lots,) and got fingerprinted.
About two weeks later they called and said to come in and pick up the license.

The longest wait was at the jail. Had to wait while they printed and processed people in and out of the jail.
That was interesting and educational to observe.

Took the training class in Milford. Excellent instructors.
They were current LEO's and/or military, also NRA instructors.
I live only about 3-4 miles from there on clough pike. When I was there, they did everything including my finger prints at the last window down the hall. They did my prints on some sort of machine hooked to her computer. I also did my class in Milford, was yours through Fred R. ?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47   #27
windancr

Quote:
I live only about 3-4 miles from there on clough pike. When I was there, they did everything including my finger prints at the last window down the hall. They did my prints on some sort of machine hooked to her computer. I also did my class in Milford, was yours through Fred R. ?
yes. classroom instruction was very good. Thorough review of the state laws on concealed carry. The range portion of the class was surprising to me.

They had an instructor for ever two people. They watched everyone closely. answered questions and helped everyone to gain knowledge and confidence with their weapons.
Some of the people there were novices, some had experience. Everyone got attention from the instructors.
Excellent information, instructors, training.
No, not related to Fred R. or anyone there. Make no profit from the classes.
Had taken classes elsewhere so had a little to compare that class against.
Fred also offers some advanced classes. Check with him if you are interested.

Alex
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45   #28
BIGBILL105 45
Glock 19

We had a pretty large class. I brought 12 people with me. Had roughly 30 people there. I had planned to go to one of his advanced classes. I went to the shoot they had setup yesterday.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08   #29
MacDonald

Quote:

I got my CHL at the Sheriff's office in Clermont County, I think that is the city of Batavia, June 2012. The entire process was super efficient, but they did my fingerprints by video scan two windows down from where I turned in my application.

They got my DOB wrong by one digit, and I did not notice until several months later. I called in explaining what was wrong, and it was resolved the next day.

When I first went in to apply, I had read horror stories on some other Ohio websites about other counties, and was worried. There was no waiting (Warren county had a two month wait) and everyone was friendly. Not at all like what I had read about officers not liking CHL (Cleveland, Cincinnati, etc)

Walk softly and carry a big stick
G19 Gen4, G26 Gen3, G30 S, Walther PPK/S, Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite

Last edited by MacDonald; 06-29-2013 at 12:23.. Reason: speelling correction
MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:12   #30
BIGBILL105 45
Glock 19

They did my finger prints with that scanner thing as well. I've heard Clermont is pretty much the best to go to. Hamilton county has a shorter waiting period though.
Old 07-07-2013, 13:55   #31
windancr

Quote:
They did my finger prints with that scanner thing as well. I've heard Clermont is pretty much the best to go to. Hamilton county has a shorter waiting period though.
The day I went in to get my prints done, the scanner worked for people ahead of me. When my turn came, it would not work. It refused to take my prints.
So over to the jail for printing, then back to the office to give
them the print card.
_The day I went in to get my prints done, the scanner worked for people ahead of me. When my turn came, it would not work. It refused to take my prints.
So over to the jail for printing, then back to the office to give
them the print card.
_

Alex
Old 07-09-2013, 18:18   #32
1canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1canvas View Post
we have a new sheriff in Summit County and I'm not sure what his position on ccw is. I just went last week for my second renewal and no appointment was needed. they told me I would be called inside of three weeks to pick up my permit.
well it took 4 weeks before I recieved mine. I wonder if that might have something to do with the fact that mine had not expired yet. I got my renewal before my old one expired.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:59   #33
elliotb33

Took bout an hr. to get mine from Sandusky Co.
elliotb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 15:37   #34
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

I got my CCW about 3 1/2 years ago- I too live in Stark county (Lake township/ Uniontown) and it took 3 weeks to a month to get mine through Stark sherrif's dept/county jail- When I renew it in the future, I'll make sure I pick Wayne county for sure! Thanks for the info neighbor!

Last edited by Delmonte67; 07-26-2013 at 15:41..
Delmonte67 is online now   Reply With Quote