Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-05-2012, 23:20   #1
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

CCW sheepdog foils robbery with headshot.

Robber enter convenience store and pulls a gun on clerk.

Shopper in store, seeing the robber, pulls his own weapon and takes one shot.

Robber leaves on stretcher, airlifted to local trauma center in critical condition.

Full story here.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:49   #2
bigbluedodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikkoolaid View Post
Robber enter convenience store and pulls a gun on clerk.

Shopper in store, seeing the robber, pulls his own weapon and takes one shot.

Robber leaves on stretcher, airlifted to local trauma center in critical condition.

Full story here.
Looks like it worked out for the guy CC'ing, I hate seeing the ones where they arrest the guy for shooting when he was not in danger!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:13   #3
GlocknSpiehl
NRA Life Member

Nice shootin'!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:41   #4
coachrowsey

A BIG thumbs up.
coachrowsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 16:31   #5
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Sheepdog? Is that his GT handle?
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 17:13   #6
Chris Brines

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedodge View Post
Looks like it worked out for the guy CC'ing, I hate seeing the ones where they arrest the guy for shooting when he was not in danger!
As far as I am concerned, if someone walks into a store that I am in, or any member of my family is in, pulls a GUN for criminal actions, our lives are in danger. Whether he points it at us or directly threatens us with it or not, it is still a situation I'd be scared for my life. And I'd be damned if I sat there trying to guage and predict an obviously dangerous person's next move, because I am more concerned with not going to jail, than defending my own life and that of my family. I'd have done the same thing only a double or triple tap.

As far as I'm concerned if the "criminal justice" system wasn't so F'd up we wouldn't have these problems to begin with. I'd be willing to bet this wasn't this guy's first time doing this, and I bet he's been to jail a few times already.

Last edited by Chris Brines; 07-06-2012 at 17:18..
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 17:37   #7
sheepdog
Texan

Generic sheepdog, wasn't me, man.
sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 17:38   #8
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brines View Post
As far as I am concerned, if someone walks into a store that I am in, or any member of my family is in, pulls a GUN for criminal actions, our lives are in danger. Whether he points it at us or directly threatens us with it or not, it is still a situation I'd be scared for my life. And I'd be damned if I sat there trying to guage and predict an obviously dangerous person's next move, because I am more concerned with not going to jail, than defending my own life and that of my family. I'd have done the same thing only a double or triple tap.

As far as I'm concerned if the "criminal justice" system wasn't so F'd up we wouldn't have these problems to begin with. I'd be willing to bet this wasn't this guy's first time doing this, and I bet he's been to jail a few times already.

This seems to be a reasonable approach.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 19:37   #9
bigbluedodge

Quote:

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you, but it is stupid that sometimes people get detained for that same thing. How do you consider yourself not in danger if you are in the same room with a guy shooting people, even if you are near the door!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:00   #10
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
Generic sheepdog, wasn't me, man.
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:12   #11
Drain You
NRA member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post

I 100% agree with you.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36   #12
Hour13
Tah-dah!

I do love a happy ending.

Quote:
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:24   #13
TJS

from the story link in the first post: At the time of the incident, Vann was being sought by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms for outstanding narcotics and firearm violations." Seems the suspect was wanted. Good to see the good guy was not charged.
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40   #14
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

http://goldsborodailynews.com/2012/0...es-no-charges/
Old 07-07-2012, 18:21   #15
Chris Brines

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedodge View Post
Dont get me wrong, I agree with you, but it is stupid that sometimes people get detained for that same thing. How do you consider yourself not in danger if you are in the same room with a guy shooting people, even if you are near the door!
Even if I am walking OUT the door, or hell if I am already in the parking lot, and someone starts shooting people INSIDE whatever building we are imagining here, I'd genuinely fear my life is in danger. I'd DEFINITELY do the same thing in that case. Yet another reason not to let them step all over your states self defense laws.

Last edited by Chris Brines; 07-07-2012 at 18:21..
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 18:43   #16
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Open carry could have prevented this.
Old 07-07-2012, 19:56   #17
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
After consulting with the Wayne County District Attorney's office, police say no criminal charges will be filed against [CCW Holder].
That sounds pretty good. Unfortunate that they printed his name in the story though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:17   #18
RightGlock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
That sounds pretty good. Unfortunate that they printed his name in the story though.
+ 1000. I've never understood why the media does this.
(Other than to create more news). The CHL holder, just gets a target put on him not only by the media, but the perps family and associates. If the dead or wounded perp's friends or family are looking for payback, the media has just handed them the person on a silver platter. Amazing that even with their seemingly limited brain capacity for good, gang bangers know how to use social media and the internet to find what they need. I know the CHL has already defended themselves, but why make an already stressful situation worse by putting their ID out to the world.
RightGlock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:40   #19
pipedreams

Quote:

+1
Yes just look at what their doing to Zman in FL. If he had not had his gun most likely he would of been found dead or in a coma and the story read that he was attacked by unknown assailant or assailants.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:25   #20
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightGlock1 View Post
+ 1000. I've never understood why the media does this.
(Other than to create more news). The CHL holder, just gets a target put on him not only by the media, but the perps family and associates. If the dead or wounded perp's friends or family are looking for payback, the media has just handed them the person on a silver platter. Amazing that even with their seemingly limited brain capacity for good, gang bangers know how to use social media and the internet to find what they need. I know the CHL has already defended themselves, but why make an already stressful situation worse by putting their ID out to the world.

I'd do my best to remain anonymous. But sometimes that is not possible. George Zimmerman is a good example.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 07-08-2012 at 06:26..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote