Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:57   #1
snerd

Socialized Medicine Director Dies After Waiting Nine Months for Operation

Something we can look forward to!
Quote:
Itís a bit like a supermarket manager dying of starvation or a bottled-water distributor dying of thirst: In the U.K., a former National Health Service (NHS) director died because she was forced to wait for medical care ó at her own hospital.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/opinio...-for-operation
Old 07-06-2012, 11:04   #2
callihan_44
INFIDEL

thank goodness I rarely ever get sick, plus I hate going to the VA hospital
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12   #3
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Socialized medicine. What could go wrong?

I guess we are going to find out.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:21   #4
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

We need eurodriver's expert opinion on the karma of this one.

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:32   #5
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Sounds like the Dallas VA hospital.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:38   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Socialized medicine. What could go wrong?

I guess we are going to find out.
That outcome seems fairly obvious. On of those things a child could figure out without an special education on the subject.

In any case, there are only so many doctors and so much medicine to go around. If you lower what you are willing to pay doctors, there will be fewer doctors in the near future and the quality of those you get will be lowered, as the top candidates follow another path and are replaced by the candidates that would not have gotten into med school in a more competitive system.

If you lower what you pay for medicine, there will be less medicine manufactured and less research to find new medicines. The only reason I can think of for the kind of thinking that has created the systems in places like canada and England is that liberals live in a fairytale world where unicorns bring you happy dreams and doctors and drug companies are only in it to help people - unfortunately, when it comes to life and death, that happens in reality.

Last edited by Bren; 07-06-2012 at 11:40..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:42   #7
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Sounds like the Dallas VA hospital.
And that is a very good example. Government supported - restricted in what they can charge and pay to suppliers and contractors. Even in that example, however, the VA hospitals benefit from being part of an otherwise capitalist economy. Socialize the whole system and it will get much, much worse.
Old 07-06-2012, 17:18   #8
Guss

Private insurance also has its coverage limitations. There are lots of horror stories circulating. And I've been turned away for an urgent need because they were too busy.

There's not a wait problem for a lot of people. They can't get health care. They would love to have a line to stand in.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 17:26   #9
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

We are going to have to get used to giving up some of our lifetime to provide more to people that have less/shorter lifetime.

Seems pretty obvious.

Sarcasm.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 17:45   #10
Lethaltxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Private insurance also has its coverage limitations. There are lots of horror stories circulating. And I've been turned away for an urgent need because they were too busy.

There's not a wait problem for a lot of people. They can't get health care. They would love to have a line to stand in.
You were turned away from an emergency room without being given an alternate medical site to go to?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 19:30   #11
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethaltxn View Post
You were turned away from an emergency room without being given an alternate medical site to go to?

I have to say that story sounds a bit fishy.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 20:36   #12
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

It's nice to know that one tyrant was bitten in the arse by a healthy dose of Karma.

If it would only show up on the doorstep of all the socialized medicine supporters like an angel of death.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:16   #13
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post

still waiting....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:39   #14
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
still waiting....
Hope we don't die while we wait.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:40   #15
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Hope we don't die while we wait.
only on a socialized forum.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 22:03   #16
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Two important details the story glosses over:

1) England is not SINGLE PAYER on health care. If you can afford to, you can go to Non-NHS caregivers. Everyone who can afford to has jumped from National Health Service; it is the first thing that English unions demand from employers during contract bargaining. Most of the foremost medical practitioners in Great Britain have bailed out of NHS.

2) The example quoted from Walter Williams about the lady who could not even buy her OWN special care is from SWEDEN. Sweden HAS single payer medicine; the government program is the only legal method of paying for medical care. The lady could probably pay for and get her experimental therapy if she traveled somewhere outside Sweden where that treatment is offered. Canada also falls into this single payer class, but Canadians with money have a ready way of dodging it; eighty percent of Canadians live within 50 miles of the closest US border.

ObamaCare is NOT a single payer system. If you have money, you can legally go to any medical practitioner you can afford, and who will take you. There are SOME exceptions to this: for example, a Medicare-affiliated doctor cannot go outside Medicare for privately financed care of a Medicare recipient.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 07-06-2012 at 22:05..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 22:06   #17
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I'm relieved. I believe someone said it can't possibly happen here.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:56   #18
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Eurodriver seems like a guy who should fear karma.

Wasn't he the one who was going to dump his wife and kids and move to Hawaii to meet asian girls?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:44   #19
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

In the states, the VIPs will find their way to the front if the line faster than you think possible.

Just watch, it'll happen.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:46   #20
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Two important details the story glosses over:

1) England is not SINGLE PAYER on health care. If you can afford to, you can go to Non-NHS caregivers. Everyone who can afford to has jumped from National Health Service; it is the first thing that English unions demand from employers during contract bargaining. Most of the foremost medical practitioners in Great Britain have bailed out of NHS.

2) The example quoted from Walter Williams about the lady who could not even buy her OWN special care is from SWEDEN. Sweden HAS single payer medicine; the government program is the only legal method of paying for medical care. The lady could probably pay for and get her experimental therapy if she traveled somewhere outside Sweden where that treatment is offered. Canada also falls into this single payer class, but Canadians with money have a ready way of dodging it; eighty percent of Canadians live within 50 miles of the closest US border.

ObamaCare is NOT a single payer system. If you have money, you can legally go to any medical practitioner you can afford, and who will take you. There are SOME exceptions to this: for example, a Medicare-affiliated doctor cannot go outside Medicare for privately financed care of a Medicare recipient.
Barrycare will lead to a single payer system. It's only a very large first step.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote