I am not seeing a problem with your OP. It sounds reasonable according to:

1. The law of the land.
2. The true principals of Christianity.
Old 07-06-2012, 21:25   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Easy to understand. Thank you.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:59   #6
High-Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post

1. The law of the land.
Then you would support removing "Under God" from the pledge and "in god we trust" from our our money?

And I Guess you despise anyone using scripture as an argument to keep Gaye from marrying?
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 22:20   #7
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Then you would support removing "Under God" from the pledge and "in god we trust" from our our money?

And I Guess you despise anyone using scripture as an argument to keep Gaye from marrying?
James 5:12, "Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned." This is in regard to your "Under God".

As to money:

Luke 20:20-26, "Keeping a close watch on him, they sent spies, who pretended to be sincere. They hoped to catch Jesus in something he said, so that they might hand him over to the power and authority of the governor. 21 So the spies questioned him: “Teacher, we know that you speak and teach what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22 Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”
23 He saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24 Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?”
“Caesar’s,” they replied.

25 He said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

26 They were unable to trap him in what he had said there in public. And astonished by his answer, they became silent."

So, it is irrelevant to me what is on money.

If the state decides that "Gaye" can be married as men and women do then the state decides that.

However, the consequences do not change.

1 Corinthians 6:9-20, "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Sexual Immorality

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”[b] 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41   #8
snowbird

Uh... resisting the changing of the age-old definition of marriage (one man and one woman) does not constitute "Using your religion to take away the freedom of others".

You're welcome.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56   #9
The Wizard

I think one more should be added to the list: You are not free to use your politics to take away the freedoms of others!

Actually, there should be two added. Before the above add this: You are free to have your politics!
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.

Last edited by The Wizard; 07-13-2012 at 09:52..
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56   #10
High-Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Uh... resisting the changing of the age-old definition of marriage (one man and one woman) does not constitute "Using your religion to take away the freedom of others".

You're welcome.
When your only argument gomes from scripture...it does!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32   #11
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post

1. The law of the land.
Me like. I'm saving this pic. Of course, I'm going to replace that xd with a glock.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie

Last edited by Roering; 07-13-2012 at 11:33..
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 14:54   #12
snowbird

Who exactly is trying to take away freedom?

Christians, who ended the slave trade and gave us the declaration of independence and constitution?

Or Islamo-commu-fascists, who are doing their utmost to ban our Second Amendment, ban "under God" and "in God we trust" while accepting sharia in the name of "tolerance" and "multiculturalism", and ban freedom of speech if it's conservative Christian by labeling it "hate speech"(telling the truth about homosexuality), or "blasphemy" (telling the truth about Islam)?
Old 07-13-2012, 15:07   #13
High-Gear

Quote:

Christians, who ended the slave trade and gave us the declaration of independence and constitution?

Or Islamo-commu-fascists, who are doing their utmost to ban our Second Amendment, ban "under God" and "in God we trust" while accepting sharia in the name of "tolerance" and "multiculturalism", and ban freedom of speech if it's conservative Christian by labeling it "hate speech"(telling the truth about homosexuality), or "blasphemy" (telling the truth about Islam)?
Bird,

You are Crrrraaaaaazzzzzyyyyyy!
Old 07-13-2012, 15:27   #14
snowbird

Quote:
Bird,

You are Crrrraaaaaazzzzzyyyyyy!
Cute ad hom, but zero facts or logic.
Old 07-13-2012, 20:47   #15
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Cute ad hom, but zero facts or logic.
Fact: I see it too. The crazy that is.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 21:47   #16
High-Gear

Quote:

Who did they fight to end the slave trade? Other Christians who used the bible to support slavery!

Quote:
Or Islamo-commu-fascists, who are doing their utmost to ban "under God" and "in God we trust"
That would be the secular constitutionalists. because it has no business being there!
***I removed second amendment***
Quote:
while accepting sharia in the name of "tolerance"
No one is doing this. Please show me where Sharia has been accepted in place of the Constitution.

Quote:
and "multiculturalism", and ban freedom of speech if it's conservative Christian by labeling it "hate speech"(telling the truth about homosexuality)
Your "truth" about homosexuality is hate speech!

Quote:
or "blasphemy" (telling the truth about Islam)?
Also hate speech!

When are you going to realize you are just the american / christian version of the taliban?

Last edited by High-Gear; 07-13-2012 at 21:50..
Old 07-13-2012, 21:48   #17
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Fact: I see it too. The crazy that is.
Me too. I think he's projecting on the zero facts or logic part though.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 23:29   #18
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Me too. I think he's projecting on the zero facts or logic part though.

Randy
Another vote here for crazy. Bat**** crazy.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50   #19
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

You're welcome.
You are correct, the problem is that marriage is a religious institution that was improperly codified as law by the government. Once that step into government recognized religion is taken, everything else is a conflict. The correct answer is that marriage should be a religious matter for each church to control and tgovernment should have no part in it - no paying for a "license" to do it, no tax breaks, no government granted divorces, etc.

Government involvement in marriage not only took away freedom from individuals, it took away freedom from churches. An easy example is that Mormons, Muslims and others are forced to conform to the majority religion's views on multiple marriage and such.

Take government out of the business and anybody can get married, subject to their own beliefs and those of whatever religious marriage authority they recognize.

Last edited by Bren; 07-16-2012 at 09:52..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53   #20
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Your "truth" about homosexuality is hate speech!
I hate it when even the allegedly "rational" side of the debate lapses into Newspeak.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote