GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 20:01   #1
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Freedom explained.

Religious Issues
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 20:23   #2
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Religious Issues
Well said sir!
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 20:39   #3
fowl intent
Senior Member
 
fowl intent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 913
I likee
fowl intent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:03   #4
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Religious Issues
I am not seeing a problem with your OP. It sounds reasonable according to:

1. The law of the land.
2. The true principals of Christianity.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:25   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 19,260


Easy to understand. Thank you.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:59   #6
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I am not seeing a problem with your OP. It sounds reasonable according to:

1. The law of the land.
2. The true principals of Christianity.
Then you would support removing "Under God" from the pledge and "in god we trust" from our our money?

And I Guess you despise anyone using scripture as an argument to keep Gaye from marrying?
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 22:20   #7
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Then you would support removing "Under God" from the pledge and "in god we trust" from our our money?

And I Guess you despise anyone using scripture as an argument to keep Gaye from marrying?
James 5:12, "Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned." This is in regard to your "Under God".

As to money:

Luke 20:20-26, "Keeping a close watch on him, they sent spies, who pretended to be sincere. They hoped to catch Jesus in something he said, so that they might hand him over to the power and authority of the governor. 21 So the spies questioned him: “Teacher, we know that you speak and teach what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22 Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”
23 He saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24 Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?”
“Caesar’s,” they replied.

25 He said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

26 They were unable to trap him in what he had said there in public. And astonished by his answer, they became silent."

So, it is irrelevant to me what is on money.

If the state decides that "Gaye" can be married as men and women do then the state decides that.

However, the consequences do not change.

1 Corinthians 6:9-20, "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Sexual Immorality

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”[b] 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41   #8
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Uh... resisting the changing of the age-old definition of marriage (one man and one woman) does not constitute "Using your religion to take away the freedom of others".





You're welcome.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56   #9
The Wizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 114
I think one more should be added to the list: You are not free to use your politics to take away the freedoms of others!

Actually, there should be two added. Before the above add this: You are free to have your politics!
__________________
The Wizard
Air Dropable AND Ground Recoverable
Necat Omnes! Deus Suos Agnoscet.
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.

Last edited by The Wizard; 07-13-2012 at 09:52..
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56   #10
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Uh... resisting the changing of the age-old definition of marriage (one man and one woman) does not constitute "Using your religion to take away the freedom of others".





You're welcome.
When your only argument gomes from scripture...it does!
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32   #11
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I am not seeing a problem with your OP. It sounds reasonable according to:

1. The law of the land.
2. The true principals of Christianity.
Me like. I'm saving this pic. Of course, I'm going to replace that xd with a glock.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Warranty voiding

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie

Last edited by Roering; 07-13-2012 at 11:33..
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 14:54   #12
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Who exactly is trying to take away freedom?

Christians, who ended the slave trade and gave us the declaration of independence and constitution?

Or Islamo-commu-fascists, who are doing their utmost to ban our Second Amendment, ban "under God" and "in God we trust" while accepting sharia in the name of "tolerance" and "multiculturalism", and ban freedom of speech if it's conservative Christian by labeling it "hate speech"(telling the truth about homosexuality), or "blasphemy" (telling the truth about Islam)?
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 15:07   #13
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Who exactly is trying to take away freedom?

Christians, who ended the slave trade and gave us the declaration of independence and constitution?

Or Islamo-commu-fascists, who are doing their utmost to ban our Second Amendment, ban "under God" and "in God we trust" while accepting sharia in the name of "tolerance" and "multiculturalism", and ban freedom of speech if it's conservative Christian by labeling it "hate speech"(telling the truth about homosexuality), or "blasphemy" (telling the truth about Islam)?
Bird,

You are Crrrraaaaaazzzzzyyyyyy!
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 15:27   #14
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Bird,

You are Crrrraaaaaazzzzzyyyyyy!
Cute ad hom, but zero facts or logic.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 20:47   #15
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Cute ad hom, but zero facts or logic.
Fact: I see it too. The crazy that is.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 21:47   #16
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Who exactly is trying to take away freedom?

Christians, who ended the slave trade and gave us the declaration of independence and constitution?
Who did they fight to end the slave trade? Other Christians who used the bible to support slavery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Or Islamo-commu-fascists, who are doing their utmost to ban "under God" and "in God we trust"
That would be the secular constitutionalists. because it has no business being there!
***I removed second amendment***
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
while accepting sharia in the name of "tolerance"
No one is doing this. Please show me where Sharia has been accepted in place of the Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
and "multiculturalism", and ban freedom of speech if it's conservative Christian by labeling it "hate speech"(telling the truth about homosexuality)
Your "truth" about homosexuality is hate speech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
or "blasphemy" (telling the truth about Islam)?
Also hate speech!


When are you going to realize you are just the american / christian version of the taliban?

Last edited by High-Gear; 07-13-2012 at 21:50..
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 21:48   #17
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Fact: I see it too. The crazy that is.
Me too. I think he's projecting on the zero facts or logic part though.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 23:29   #18
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Me too. I think he's projecting on the zero facts or logic part though.

Randy
Another vote here for crazy. Bat**** crazy.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50   #19
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Uh... resisting the changing of the age-old definition of marriage (one man and one woman) does not constitute "Using your religion to take away the freedom of others".





You're welcome.
You are correct, the problem is that marriage is a religious institution that was improperly codified as law by the government. Once that step into government recognized religion is taken, everything else is a conflict. The correct answer is that marriage should be a religious matter for each church to control and tgovernment should have no part in it - no paying for a "license" to do it, no tax breaks, no government granted divorces, etc.

Government involvement in marriage not only took away freedom from individuals, it took away freedom from churches. An easy example is that Mormons, Muslims and others are forced to conform to the majority religion's views on multiple marriage and such.

Take government out of the business and anybody can get married, subject to their own beliefs and those of whatever religious marriage authority they recognize.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.

Last edited by Bren; 07-16-2012 at 09:52..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53   #20
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Your "truth" about homosexuality is hate speech!
I hate it when even the allegedly "rational" side of the debate lapses into Newspeak.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:10.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,016
295 Members
721 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31