Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2012, 18:45   #1
PlayboyPenguin

New 4473 Form Borderline Racist

Has anyone seen the new 4473 forms? Now instead of just asking nationality they split it into two sections. First it asks ethnicity and then it asks nationality. The bad part is under "Ethnicity" it only gives two options...hispanic and non-hispanic. Is that how people are categorized these days? There are now only two ethnicities that matter when buying a gun? Whether you are hispanic or not.
Old 07-07-2012, 18:53   #2
FLglockdude

IBTL

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
FLglockdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 19:12   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Make the complaints to your congressmen.
Old 07-07-2012, 20:11   #4
ftw13

must be the Zimmerman edition

Man i would love to pocket carry a 50AE. The recoil will probably be like Will Smith's pocket gun in Men In Black
ftw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 20:45   #5
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
That's because that's how ethnicity is tracked on a federal level. I don't say whether it makes sense or not, but that's how EVERY current federal form that requires it is; from employment documentation to applications for anything.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 20:47   #6
WiskyT
Malcontent

They'll be checking sexual orientation next.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 21:05   #7
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
That's because that's how ethnicity is tracked on a federal level. I don't say whether it makes sense or not, but that's how EVERY current federal form that requires it is; from employment documentation to applications for anything.
Correct. And this change pre-dates Obama. It allows to check all the races instead of picking just one. It sees Hispanic as a linguistic and cultural background and not a race.

Funny thing is, you can answer however you want on these specific types of questions. There is no truth and no truth checking. Help yourself as a job applicant and find your inner minority.

Heck even our President who has a White mother declined to check "White". If he can lie on a federal race and ethnicity form, so can anyone. Because there is no truth to this stuff and thus no lying
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 22:29   #8
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayboyPenguin View Post
Has anyone seen the new 4473 forms? Now instead of just asking nationality they split it into two sections. First it asks ethnicity and then it asks nationality. The bad part is under "Ethnicity" it only gives two options...hispanic and non-hispanic. Is that how people are categorized these days? There are now only two ethnicities that matter when buying a gun? Whether you are hispanic or not.

Ummmmm....YES!!!!

You do know that our government sucks up to the immigrants, right?

Come to South Fl. You'll be in for a rude awakening!

This country is laughable now! Everyone knows it, but no one will admit to it for fear of being called a racist.

By the way....

Hispanic and Latino are NOT races, according to the government, so you CANNOT be called a racist if you don't like them.

This country makes me laugh!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 00:14   #9
cowboy1964

This goes back to the 2000 Census. I'm surprised it took this long to update everything. Oh wait, it's the goobermint. Nevermind.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 00:24   #10
BenjiEDF

Just check "other" it's none of their business.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:14   #11
bac1023

Interesting

I haven't seen the new form yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:26   #12
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Interesting

I haven't seen the new form yet.
I just got an email from the ATF outlining the change (I subscribe to a lot of their mass emails).

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:49   #13
Rancher

All my incident reports as an LEO had a box to check for either hispanic or non-hispanic. That was going on even back in the 80's. Guess I'm saying it has been around a while.

Rancher
Rancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:25   #14
MarcDW
MDW Guns

see http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...highlight=4473
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
for current inventory
MarcDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:59   #15
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

General Firearms Forum
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00   #16
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayboyPenguin View Post
People from Spain are not Latinos. I am tired of the invasion and all the non English speakers of all nations being here. The new racism is against Caucasians because we are too complacent.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:35   #17
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
I think they need a catagory for "mutt" which I'm pretty sure is what I am, but I've never really cared enough to find out.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:48   #18
Mr. Blandings

Back when the 4473 just had a blank space for race, I once had a customer write in "Anglo-Franc."

, Calibre Press, GLOCK,
, Andy Stanford,
Mr. Blandings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20   #19
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Get used to it. I am a probation officer. All the forms people fill out for us have had this on there for years. That's the way things are done. You just apparently never saw it before.

Last edited by Shipwreck-The-Sequel; 07-09-2012 at 05:20..
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:46   #20
PawDog
NRA Member

I was at an Academy store yesterday, and there was a "Hispanic" guy at the gun counter arguing with the gun salesman in broken English because he couldn't read the 4473, and was demanding either a copy in Spanish, or the store needed to provide him a translator as the potential buyer couldn't read\write English. I didn't hang around to see the outcome, but heard the gun counter guy paging the store manager to the gun counter as I was checking out.
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote