Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-10-2012, 16:17   #1
bigyela

High Noon slide guard holster g26?

just wanted opinions on the high noon slide guard holsters?

i will be carrying a g26, the slide guard and tt gunleather high ride pancake are the top two on my list right now..

any reviews or opinions on either or both??
bigyela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 19:27   #2
cowboy1964

The High Noon stuff doesn't get much feedback around here it seems. I've had my eye on some, including the Slide Guard, for a long time but just haven't pulled the trigger yet, so to speak. Part of it though is I'm still trying to figure out long-term what my #1 carry is going to be.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 07-10-2012 at 19:27..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 22:33   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I carry my 23 in a Slideguard 95% of the time.

Love it. I have had it probably 6yrs, and it still looks great.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 22:51   #4
DeetsMan
CLM Number 303
Carry in CA

I have carried my G27 and G23 in a slide guard for about 10 years now.
It is my favorite belt holster. My favorite ITW is the high noon hidden ally.
The slide guard was so tight when I first got it, it was unusable. I tried everything, wrapped the gun in several layers of wax paper and crammed the whole thing in the holster. Left it there for weeks at a time. Nothing seemed to help. I actually sold the holster to a friend for his G19. He kept it for 2 years or so then sold his 19, I bought it back and just started using the holster.
Not sure how many years it took to "break in", but it is now simply the best.
Maybe mine was made too tight? Not sure, but I love it, and am wearing it right now.
DeetsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03   #5
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeetsMan View Post
I have carried my G27 and G23 in a slide guard for about 10 years now.
It is my favorite belt holster. My favorite ITW is the high noon hidden ally.
The slide guard was so tight when I first got it, it was unusable. I tried everything, wrapped the gun in several layers of wax paper and crammed the whole thing in the holster. Left it there for weeks at a time. Nothing seemed to help. I actually sold the holster to a friend for his G19. He kept it for 2 years or so then sold his 19, I bought it back and just started using the holster.
Not sure how many years it took to "break in", but it is now simply the best.
Maybe mine was made too tight? Not sure, but I love it, and am wearing it right now.
I think it's just a tight holster to begin with. Mine was also very tight, but it was my first leather holster, so I figured it was normal (still might have been, I don't know).

I took and one night while watching TV, just sat in the chair and constantly fully inserted/completely removed my Glock 23 from the holster over and over. Probably done this at least 1-200 times, maybe more. By the time I was done, it had loosened up considerably, but was still somewhat type, so I just started using it. After about a week, it really loosened up nice, and now, it still has perfect retention but is smooth as silk to draw from.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46   #6
cadillacguns

I carry a High Noon Bare Asset IWB and love it, my G-27 rides there snug as a B U G.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:55   #7
DeetsMan
CLM Number 303
Carry in CA

After about a week, it really loosened up nice, and now, it still has perfect retention but is smooth as silk to draw from.

Thanks, that is the point I was trying to, but did not make.
Mine probably was too tight when new, but, now is perfect.
Retention, draw, and wear-ability, all perfect.
I just went down a very long road to get there. Yours took weeks, mine took years.
To the OP, you can't go wrong with a slide guard.
Old 07-11-2012, 16:29   #8
ozy

i had high noon's down under and public secret iwb holsters for my hk p30 and p2000sk(both guns sold!and replaced by glocks gen4s).these are great leather holsters- they are very well-made ,extremly comfrotable ,and their customer support is excellent as well.
i'm actually getting both models made for my gen 4 26 &19.good stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Gen4 17, 19, 34,Gen 3 17L
SIG 226 E/E,229 XTREME,226DARK ELITE, P938,
226XTREME, 229E/E,229ELITE DARK.
ozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 18:43   #9
High Noon

Leather runs thick and thin, it sometimes shrinks up more then we would like. Throw in our design tolerances which are "super close" and you can get a holster that is way too tite.

That said we sell many Slides Guards http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...ide_guard.html that break in with the normal process, over here http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Que...estions.html#4 and in your instructions that came with the holster.

If that does not work in weeks, LOL, not years. PLEASE let us know. We can break that holster in to make it work in about 60 seconds. We can do things with the casting that you cannot do with the real gun.

We like designing "super close" that means almost a lifetime in holster years.

We are here to help. Glad some members like our gear. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Con...ontact_us.html

Justin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
High Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 19:27   #10
DeetsMan
CLM Number 303
Carry in CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
Leather runs thick and thin, it sometimes shrinks up more then we would like. Throw in our design tolerances which are "super close" and you can get a holster that is way too tite.

That said we sell many Slides Guards http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...ide_guard.html that break in with the normal process, over here http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Que...estions.html#4 and in your instructions that came with the holster.

If that does not work in weeks, LOL, not years. PLEASE let us know. We can break that holster in to make it work in about 60 seconds. We can do things with the casting that you cannot do with the real gun.

We like designing "super close" that means almost a lifetime in holster years.

We are here to help. Glad some members like our gear. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Con...ontact_us.html

Justin
Calm down Justin.
Yes it took years, but I love you guys.
In fact, you just shipped me a hidden ally for my 342PD, and I can't wait.
You guys are the best.
Old 07-11-2012, 19:53   #11
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyela View Post
just wanted opinions on the high noon slide guard holsters?

i will be carrying a g26, the slide guard and tt gunleather high ride pancake are the top two on my list right now..

any reviews or opinions on either or both??
I've got one for the G27. I've had it for about 8 years. It is well made.
Southswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 20:02   #12
High Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeetsMan View Post
Calm down Justin.
Yes it took years, but I love you guys.
In fact, you just shipped me a hidden ally for my 342PD, and I can't wait.
You guys are the best.
Thank you for the kind words.

Justin

Old 07-12-2012, 10:11   #13
ozy

you are welcome ,justin ,you earned them!

Gen4 17, 19, 34,Gen 3 17L
SIG 226 E/E,229 XTREME,226DARK ELITE, P938,
226XTREME, 229E/E,229ELITE DARK.
ozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 16:26   #14
bigyela

well mainly for the range/club i ordered a raven phantom and double mag carrier.

i am still going to get a leather holster, high noon slide guard and tt gunleather high ride pancake are the top two on my list...

too many choices... not enough $$ for all of them..
bigyela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 22:46   #15
USSOCOM

I have several High Noon Holsters. They are an excellent choice.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:59   #16
beforeobamabans
FYPM

I tried one of these for my G30. I thought the holster was well made and good looking but, it was so "high ride" I could not get it tight to my side even with very stout gun belts. I could see it working just fine for a G26 but if you've got 10 or more heavy .45 rounds sticking up in the air, my experience was I had to go elsewhere.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 23:16   #17
High Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
I tried one of these for my G30. I thought the holster was well made and good looking but, it was so "high ride" I could not get it tight to my side even with very stout gun belts. I could see it working just fine for a G26 but if you've got 10 or more heavy .45 rounds sticking up in the air, my experience was I had to go elsewhere.
Hate to see something like that happen. It works for most people. We have had no issues with the holster being top heavy. Could be a body type thing or position you want to carry the holster. In our experience its the belts job to hold the holster and gun up and tite to the body. But you say you have a good belt so thats off the table. The holsters job holds the gun when needed which sends us back to body type,position or belt.

The only other thing I could think of is the slots on the holster were not broken in enough causing the flop out or top out. But a good gun belt would pull it in till break in was complete.

As all who have bought the Slide Guard know http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...ide_guard.html its hard as a rock when you get it. That leather is compressed to the max and break in on such a tightly designed and molded holster may be a bit more then any other maker.

Justin

Old 07-15-2012, 13:29   #18
mgentry

I have two slide guards for my pistols. I have one for a Sig P220 and one for a Glock 19 - these are great holsters. I spent a little extra and got my holsters in horsehide. They are tough - good looking - do the job - and are comfortable to wear. Can't go wrong with a High Noon. (Note - have not had any issues with it causing my Sig P220 Elite Carry to be top heavy) Good luck!

Last edited by mgentry; 07-15-2012 at 13:34..
mgentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 18:54   #19
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
Hate to see something like that happen. It works for most people. We have had no issues with the holster being top heavy. Could be a body type thing or position you want to carry the holster. In our experience its the belts job to hold the holster and gun up and tite to the body. But you say you have a good belt so thats off the table. The holsters job holds the gun when needed which sends us back to body type,position or belt.

The only other thing I could think of is the slots on the holster were not broken in enough causing the flop out or top out. But a good gun belt would pull it in till break in was complete.

As all who have bought the Slide Guard know http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...ide_guard.html its hard as a rock when you get it. That leather is compressed to the max and break in on such a tightly designed and molded holster may be a bit more then any other maker.

Justin
I resold my "like new" holster for $5 less than I paid you which says something good about this product. I just think that most holster buyers don't fully understand the implications of a "high ride" holster for some guns, particularly .45s. I love your website BTW and often refer people to your Q&A section. And, I bought another holster from your company that I am happy with so, I'm not grinding an ax here, just relating my learning experience.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
Old 07-15-2012, 20:28   #20
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Duplicate post

Last edited by beforeobamabans; 07-15-2012 at 20:29..