SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2012, 14:51   #1
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Time for Shield Part 2!

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY got my second 9mm Shield. Been looking for 2 months now..

FINALLY!

Selling my PX4 to cover the cost... Officially taking a hiatus from gun buying now. Been buying for years. Now, gonna start taking some vacations... Obviously, keeping my Beretta 92s, though, and my pair of PS90s

I have some sort of complex with having multiples of the same gun!

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 14:57   #2
hogship
It's MY Island

How hard is the safety to operate?

If I had a Shield, I'd think seriously about using the safety. The hinged trigger of the M&P series has serious flaws (IMHO), and I'd feel a bit more comfortable to carry the Shield with safety on........

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 15:10   #3
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

I don't use it at all - and its small and out the way enough to not be moved accidentally. But if you want to - very easy to brush it up or down with the joint of your thumb if you wish

Old 07-14-2012, 15:11   #4
cowboy1964

The best spare parts collection is a 2nd gun!
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 15:13   #5
bac1023

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 15:35   #6
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
The best spare parts collection is a 2nd gun!
Sho nuff!

Old 07-14-2012, 15:47   #7
Beanie-Bean

Congrats on #2! At least you've got another set of magazines to use with your first one

BTW, did you ever get your extra magazines from S&W yet? I've lost faith in them after waiting for this long...if I don't see anything in my mailbox by the end of the month, I think that I'll just call them to cancel my order.

Enjoy your new Shield!

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 16:22   #8
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

No, I am STILL waiting for the mags. I called once and was told they were just working as fast as they could. 1.5 weeks ago, I called and had them specifically check my order... I'm still there - waiting...

I cvould have ordered them someplace else since then - but didn't cancel the S&W order, because I just figured it would be soon... But, still waitinh.

Can you believe I have 1250 rounds thru my first Shield with just the TWO magazines!

Old 07-14-2012, 18:26   #9
Bruce M

It appears that some 9mm Shields are starting to get into the pipeline again. Out of curiosity (not that there is anything wrong with it) why did you decide on a second Shield?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 19:30   #10
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
It appears that some 9mm Shields are starting to get into the pipeline again. Out of curiosity (not that there is anything wrong with it) why did you decide on a second Shield?

I really, really like the gun. I tend to get multiples when I like something... Not a big polymer gun fan, so it is nice to find one I like.

Old 07-14-2012, 22:10   #11
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel View Post
I really, really like the gun. I tend to get multiples when I like something... Not a big polymer gun fan, so it is nice to find one I like.
Congrats ship ! Mine wears the same "grip sleeve", but I reversed mine so the lines don't show.Great little guns.
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:41   #12
DaBurna

Quote:
No, I am STILL waiting for the mags. I called once and was told they were just working as fast as they could. 1.5 weeks ago, I called and had them specifically check my order... I'm still there - waiting...

I cvould have ordered them someplace else since then - but didn't cancel the S&W order, because I just figured it would be soon... But, still waitinh.

Can you believe I have 1250 rounds thru my first Shield with just the TWO magazines!
I ebayed and have 3 extra mags (2 8rounders/1 7rounder) shortly after getting mine in late April... They were about market priced at ~ $31/mag...

She's still flawless after about ~450 rounds... Looking at night sight options right now... I've read regular m&p truglo's fit with very little/ slight width "hangover" at the rear sight... Not very noticeable... Congrats dude! Have u shot a Shield .40 yet?
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:17   #13
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurna View Post
I ebayed and have 3 extra mags (2 8rounders/1 7rounder) shortly after getting mine in late April... They were about market priced at ~ $31/mag...

She's still flawless after about ~450 rounds... Looking at night sight options right now... I've read regular m&p truglo's fit with very little/ slight width "hangover" at the rear sight... Not very noticeable... Congrats dude! Have u shot a Shield .40 yet?
No, never shot a 40 Shield. I have only owned one 40 cal over all the years. A px4. It was my fav 40 cal I have ever shot (I have fired many). But, I personally do not really care for the 40 cal round. 9mm and 45 are my preference. And I sold all my 45 cal guns last year and have all 9mm

Old 07-15-2012, 07:18   #14
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
Congrats ship ! Mine wears the same "grip sleeve", but I reversed mine so the lines don't show.Great little guns.
Damn, I never thought of that

Old 07-15-2012, 09:22   #15
DaBurna

Quote:
No, never shot a 40 Shield. I have only owned one 40 cal over all the years. A px4. It was my fav 40 cal I have ever shot (I have fired many). But, I personally do not really care for the 40 cal round. 9mm and 45 are my preference. And I sold all my 45 cal guns last year and have all 9mm
I can feel ya on that... I have .40's in G22, G23, & G27... But I shoot and carry my G19 & 26 a lot more these days. I was one of the guys who went out on a limb to say the Shield .40 would probably be a bit much in this slim/lightweight config.... I'd love to get a chance to test my theory in person. I love my Shield 9, it just WORKS!
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 13:29   #16
45caldan

Quote:
FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY got my second 9mm Shield. Been looking for 2 months now..

FINALLY!

Selling my PX4 to cover the cost... Officially taking a hiatus from gun buying now. Been buying for years. Now, gonna start taking some vacations... Obviously, keeping my Beretta 92s, though, and my pair of PS90s

I have some sort of complex with having multiples of the same gun!

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Thinking very hard about getting one of these (or another small 9mm).
Can you pocket carry these in cargo shorts?
It looks too big for jeans pocket carry...
Old 07-15-2012, 13:36   #17
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45caldan View Post
Thinking very hard about getting one of these (or another small 9mm).
Can you pocket carry these in cargo shorts?
It looks too big for jeans pocket carry...
I have been pocket carrying my first one for 2 months now in cargo pants. So, it should work fine for you.

Old 07-15-2012, 15:24   #18
Bulletsrrfriend

I have had my M&P 40 Shield for around a month and a half and I am impressed with the lack of felt/perceived recoil. I have large hands and maybe it is because I can envelope more of the grip. I have read some other reviews and some say it is no worse than the 9mm and some say it is too much for such a slim gun. My daughters boyfriend has a G23 gen4 and it snaps more than the shield in my experience. Only bad thing is I don't think I am going to get to keep it, my daughter has pretty much taken a liking to it.
Bulletsrrfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 18:09   #19
DougW
Native Texan

Dang, I'd like to find just one!

Proud Father of Two US Army Soldiers
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 20:53   #20
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Dang, I'd like to find just one!

I hear ya. I lucked into the first one, but I have spent the last two months trying to track down the second. I am on the list at three different places, and have been looking all over for this second one... I went 90 minutes away to get this one