Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:50   #1
tercel89

OMG! Another "what would you do" thread:M9 vs G35

Yes yes I know another one of these types of threads that all guys post but I seriously cant make up my mind on this : I have Beretta Commemorative 25 yrs " The Second Decade 1985-2005" M9 .It has the gold lettering and wooden grips and all . It has hardly ever been shot . In great shape. I have another Beretta M9 stock but a real M9 , not an FS , but a real M9 . Both are the real deal M9's .
I am pondering selling it for a Glock 35 . I just cant figure what to do ? I love the ease and simple construction of the Glock. It rocks . I have a Glock 34 and it is like a well oiled sewing machine . That is why I want the Glock 35 . But the Beretta M9 is so neat and and the parts are so plentiful. So are the Glocks . SO what would you do ? Sell the Beretta or keep it and save up ? While I like the Beretta , I h\ave learned to completely detail strip the GLock all the way down and I have never did this with a Beretta . The simplicity of the Glock has spoiled me . Making me want to trade my Beretta .
What do you guys think ?
Kinda like the 70's song " torn between two lovers , feeling like a fool " .
I got the this Beretta for my son so he can have it when he gets grown but right now he seems to like the Glocks way better and he is learning how to detail strip the Glocks all the way down to the individual 34/36 pieces . He is 14 yrs old and shoots pretty darn good , so he knows what he likes .
SO what would you guys do ?
tercel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03   #2
tgmr05

I like Beretta 92fs's, and I like Glocks. Personally, if you got the beretta for your son, ask him if he wants it or a glock. Or, wait until time to give it to him, and let him decide if he wants to keep it, or get a glock.... He may not know exactly which glock he truly wants long term, now.
tgmr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

M9 versus G35? That'd be a cool comparison kind of like Beretta versus Beretta.

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39   #4
tercel89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmr05 View Post
I like Beretta 92fs's, and I like Glocks. Personally, if you got the beretta for your son, ask him if he wants it or a glock. Or, wait until time to give it to him, and let him decide if he wants to keep it, or get a glock.... He may not know exactly which glock he truly wants long term, now.
Oh he aleady said that he like the Glock and how it is so easy to strip it and add this and do that with it . SO it's a no brainer what he wants. But man this M9 is so cool looking !
I guess I may put her up for sale or trade.
I am wanting to get a good used Gen 3 or Gen 2 G35 .
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42   #5
tercel89

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
M9 versus G35? That'd be a cool comparison kind of like Beretta versus Beretta.

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
hahaha that is kinda cool on the names an all. I would certainly pass on that Infinity/nissan since it probably has an interferance engine. Those are a no-no and accident waiting to happen to me . I got rid of my 2002 Nissan for the same reason .
Old 07-18-2012, 10:57   #6
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel89 View Post
Oh he aleady said that he like the Glock and how it is so easy to strip it and add this and do that with it . SO it's a no brainer what he wants. But man this M9 is so cool looking !
I guess I may put her up for sale or trade.
I am wanting to get a good used Gen 3 or Gen 2 G35 .
General Firearms Forum

Quote:
hahaha that is kinda cool on the names an all. I would certainly pass on that Infinity/nissan since it probably has an interferance engine. Those are a no-no and accident waiting to happen to me . I got rid of my 2002 Nissan for the same reason .
Or...you could just....you know.....

Do the maintenance like you're supposed to, and not worry about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:00   #7
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

The Beretta is a stylish, classic pistol that exudes sexyness. The glock is a soulless plastic brick. Not a hard choice.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04   #8
tercel89

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
General Firearms Forum

Or...you could just....you know.....

Do the maintenance like you're supposed to, and not worry about it.
You can never predict when a rubber belt is about to break prematurely . Especially inside of an engine that has high temps and lots of wear going against it . I have seen and had several break within the specified time frame of belt change intervals. Luckily there were non-interferance engines and they just stopped where they were . Interferance engines allow the piston to touch and smash into the valves and valve train casuing catastrophic damage ..................
anyways back to the topic , so far I may just sell or trade the Beretta for the G35 .
Old 07-18-2012, 11:07   #9
tercel89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
The Beretta is a stylish, classic pistol that exudes sexyness. The glock is a soulless plastic brick. Not a hard choice.
This is what I am getting at : the Beretta is sexy looking . The Glock is a tool . The Glock functions and keeps on going and going with hardly any thing going wrong. The Beretta is great but up-keep is a lot more .
And the rust resistance of the Glock is almost unbeatable in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:17   #10
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
This is what I am getting at : the Beretta is sexy looking . The Glock is a tool . The Glock functions and keeps on going and going with hardly any thing going wrong. The Beretta is great but up-keep is a lot more .
And the rust resistance of the Glock is almost unbeatable in my opinion.
I've owned three 92s, shot who knows how many dozen M9s, and have carried one every day for the last six years. They require no more upkeep than any other quality pistol.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:17   #11
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
You can never predict when a rubber belt is about to break prematurely . Especially inside of an engine that has high temps and lots of wear going against it . I have seen and had several break within the specified time frame of belt change intervals. Luckily there were non-interferance engines and they just stopped where they were . Interferance engines allow the piston to touch and smash into the valves and valve train casuing catastrophic damage ..................
anyways back to the topic , so far I may just sell or trade the Beretta for the G35 .
I've owned interference engines. The belts don't go early, destroying engines. If that were the case, there would massive numbers of class-action law-suits over it.

That's why they get changed every 60K, along with the water pump. Of course most vehicles don't use belts anymore, they use chains.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:49   #12
tercel89

My son also likes how he can shoot the Glock verses his Ruger MKIII . He loves the MKIII but he really likes my Glock 22. He says it's a "real gun" , gotta loves kids !
He is such a good boy . That is why I am taking so much time in deciding what to do with this .
I am been deciding on this for over a year now . I think I will go with the selling of the Beretta or trading of it for the Glock 35 .
He (my son) is 14 yrs old but he is 6 ft 1 inch and 235lbs and his hands are huge compared to mine . SO I am pretty sure the G34 will fit him fine !

Last edited by tercel89; 07-18-2012 at 11:52..
Old 07-18-2012, 12:04   #13
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Just watch the vids - super easy to strip the frame...

http://www.beretta92fs.com/

Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08   #14
tercel89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel View Post
Just watch the vids - super easy to strip the frame...

http://www.beretta92fs.com/
WOW !!!! Thanks so much Shipwreck for that video !!!! Man that is a nice and very informative video
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27   #15
NDCent
Socially Inept

I'm picking up a new G35 tomorrow. With that said, I'd save up. Unless you know for sure you/he won't regret selling the M9, or be replacing it down the road, I'd save up for the Glock. You can always sell down the road.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:39   #16
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
WOW !!!! Thanks so much Shipwreck for that video !!!! Man that is a nice and very informative video
No problem.

A couple of years ago or so, those vids really came in handy. I can now detail strip the frame easily.

On my carry 92, I usually take the hammer out every 4-6 weeks and clean it out in the hammer spring area. The vids really help in changing the various frame springs too

Last edited by Shipwreck-The-Sequel; 07-18-2012 at 12:39..
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50   #17
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Yep.........
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 13:21   #18
Rustin

Glocks can be had for cheap if you are patient. M9's not so much.

Keep the M9 get another Glock for the kid in the future.
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 13:31   #19
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I've owned interference engines. The belts don't go early, destroying engines. If that were the case, there would massive numbers of class-action law-suits over it.

That's why they get changed every 60K, along with the water pump. Of course most vehicles don't use belts anymore, they use chains.
I had a Ford exp, belt change recommendation was 50k, belt broke at 48k. Valve punched a hole in the piston top.

Went through their alternate dispute process and got less than $100 out of them.

It was the last Ford I ever bought, 25 years ago.

Back to the op question. You have two 92s and want a glock, don't have cash on hand to buy glock.

I say sell a 92. But I don't really care for them anyway.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
educate children." -- Confucius

Last edited by vafish; 07-18-2012 at 13:34..
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 14:52   #20
dakrat

If I can only own one pistol. it would be the G35.