Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:26   #1
cminzey

Lightning strike technology llc

Ok people you have heard my rant about Lightning Strike Tech. Well here is what my gun smith said they did to my conversion
ART ENTERPRISES

6/30/2012

Chuck Minzey

I was requested to do an analysis of a 10 mm slide conversion that was done By Lightning Strike Technology llc for Mr Minzey on one of his existing guns.
The following is a list of potential problems and work that was not done correctly.

The slide had to have a slot cut into it for the bushing locking notch. This slot was started on the wrong side of the slide, then the machining was moved to the correct side. The machining was started in the wrong dimension from the front of the slide. It looks like the cutter was moved forward and backward trying to find the correct location. All the time this trying to find the correction location was happening, a slot was being cut into the wrong location. This should have been one smooth operation. It is a shoddy bit of machine work. It was not ever located in the correct place and was not cut high enough in the inside of the slide for the bushing to lock correctly. Due to the locking slot being in the wrong location the slide and bushing both have been damaged. This cannot be corrected using the existing slide and bushing.

The barrel feet are not cut correctly for a short slide gun, hitting the back of the guide rod in an area that the barrel feet should not contact.

The area on the barrel just in front of the upper locking lugs was improperly relieved. One of the upper barrel locking lugs has been removed. Since even the much weaker 9mm barrels have two upper locking lugs, removing one from the high powered 10mm does not seem like a good idea. This must somewhat weaken the whole system.

The barrel has ugly file marks left on it. These are not hurting anything mechanically, but are indicative of poor workmanship in general.

Sincerely,

Alan Tillman

Please don't use them
cminzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:21   #2
Rinspeed
JAFO

I must have missed the pictures, can you post them again.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 21:20   #3
Thomas Werry

I also had a horrible experience with LST. Dustin Bonar was to build an AR15 upper. Build time was to be aprox. 1 mth. I spoke to Dustin at about 1 1/2 mts. He told me he was getting ready to start on it. From 2 to 21/2 mts. No answer and wouldn't return my calls. I went to their shop he told me he was waiting on the bolt carrier group. I told him I could have on at his shop within 2 days. Would that put the build back on track? He would only say we don't give completion dates. Dustin then asked if I wanted my money back? I said yes that would be fine but I would take any parts that he had ordered. He told me he would call me the next week and give my money back. The next Friday no call, so I went back to LST. Dustin told me he didn't say that he would refund my money that week.When i corrected him, he said someone was coming that night to buy the parts so he could refund my money. I asked why he wouldn't give me the parts ( no reply).Then the other employee (Brett Biel maybe) yelled ill give you your da#* money just get the h*## out of here. He gave me my money pointed at the door and said get the h*#~ out. This last trip I took a friend as a witness (in case we went to magistrate court) he couldn't believe how they acted.
Thomas Werry is offline   Reply With Quote