GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 05:43   #1
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,794
Bank of America=Anti Gun

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/20/b...#axzz21MIrNwtZ
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:56   #2
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,157


Thanks for the heads-up.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:13   #3
sbhaven
Senior Member
 
sbhaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Constitution State
Posts: 4,646
ricklee4570, if you search this site for Bank of America or BOA you will see that this issue was much discussed back in April.
Bank of America Anti Gun?
Bank of America Runs Off Gun Mfg Client
Bank of AMERICA anti-firearms!
Bank of America, just say NO.
__________________
Currently hiding behind enemy lines in a Blue State.
sbhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18   #4
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hog Jaw, Arkansas
Posts: 1,132
I got an e-mail from them back in 2007 saying that I could not longer purchase items from CDNN, Midway USA and a couple of other places.

I closed out my account and sent the card back to them in pieces.
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28   #5
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,180


For the guys out there looking for an alternative that see active duty or veterans, try www.usaa.com. Good people to deal with for banking and insurance.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 13:54   #6
smokin762
Senior Member
 
smokin762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaven View Post
ricklee4570, if you search this site for Bank of America or BOA you will see that this issue was much discussed back in April.
Bank of America Anti Gun?
Bank of America Runs Off Gun Mfg Client
Bank of AMERICA anti-firearms!
Bank of America, just say NO.
New members join all the time. Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder.
__________________
NRA Life Member
CCW License Holder
My goal is to survive. Whatever the problem might be.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 15:29   #7
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin762 View Post
New members join all the time. Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder.
You are correct....however, posting the prior discussions would have been helpful, too.

IIRC, it was determined McMillan was telling only their side of the story; BOA completely denied their accusation. So....it comes down to this....who do you WANT to believe. FYI, BOA can't tell their side because of privacy issues. IIRC, McMillan agreed that BOA couldn't recount his accusations publicly.



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie

Last edited by redbaron007; 07-23-2012 at 15:30..
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 14:01   #8
smokin762
Senior Member
 
smokin762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
You are correct....however, posting the prior discussions would have been helpful, too.

IIRC, it was determined McMillan was telling only their side of the story; BOA completely denied their accusation. So....it comes down to this....who do you WANT to believe. FYI, BOA can't tell their side because of privacy issues. IIRC, McMillan agreed that BOA couldn't recount his accusations publicly.



red
I see your point. More than one side of a story is helpful.


__________________
NRA Life Member
CCW License Holder
My goal is to survive. Whatever the problem might be.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 14:07   #9
eracer
Where's my EBT?
 
eracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
You are correct....however, posting the prior discussions would have been helpful, too.

IIRC, it was determined McMillan was telling only their side of the story; BOA completely denied their accusation. So....it comes down to this....who do you WANT to believe. FYI, BOA can't tell their side because of privacy issues. IIRC, McMillan agreed that BOA couldn't recount his accusations publicly.

red
This was BOA's response:

We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made here are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.

That's about as empty a denial as they could have concocted.
__________________
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 15:04   #10
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
This was BOA's response:

We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made here are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.

That's about as empty a denial as they could have concocted.
What else could they have stated without violating Privacy Laws?



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 16:39   #11
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,039
Well known fact they have been that way for many years! Yet they were more then happy to launder money for known Terrorist Orgs, Drug cartels etc! I stopped banking with them back in the late 80's when I found out they were supporting the PLO, Hezbola etc. Also well known fact they are a Obamamoa supporter! Where's the DCN Convention being held?
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 16:56   #12
jtull7
CLM Number 289
Pistolero
 
jtull7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posts: 6,829
Many people believe that BOA is anti-human.
__________________
Cocked, locked, and ready to rock!

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 20:44   #13
coastal4974
Senior Member
 
coastal4974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,809
They need a bigger sign

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/...vis-boulevard/
__________________
The politicians added another $4.8 billion to our debt today.
coastal4974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 20:51   #14
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member
 
TKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Just another ball of mud.
Posts: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin762 View Post
New members join all the time. Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder.
Joined in 2009, just plain lazy if you ask me.

I know, you didn't ask me.

Doesn't mean this tool could have possibly misspelled search for BOA as seach for BOA and reasonably assumed that the entire gun world may have overlooked something as trivial as one of the worlds largest financial institutions crapping on our particular area of interest.
__________________
Hey, I've been in a firefight before!
Well, I was in a fire.
Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:27.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,097
359 Members
738 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42