Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-23-2012, 16:20   #1
Andy W

anyone else not like the apex trigger in m&p

I installed an Apex DCAEK trigger kit in my M&P a while back and the strangest thing happend, I don't like the way it feels. It felt great when I was dry firing it after installing it, but actually firing the weapon with it installed, it just feels weird. Not sure how to describe why I don't like it, but it just doesn't feel right. Has anyone else had this happen?
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 17:21   #2
ChicagoZman

I've installed several of the Comp and Duty kits and shot a few of those guns myself. Have yet to hear a complaint about the trigger AFTER installation of the APEX kit.

Did you also install the RAM? The trigger itself I could live with figuring it would smooth out in a couple thousand rounds, but the reset is just terrible.
Glocks: 17, 17L, 22, 22C, 23, 24C, 27, 34
ChicagoZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 17:36   #3
blastfact

I will never understand why some folks hate the trigger reset of M&P's. I for one like it. I don't need a click like a Glock has.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 18:06   #4
mixflip

Fore folks who release their finger fully, the M&P trigger works fine.

For those who release their finger only to reset, the lack of a click is weird and in some cases dangerous especially in a life and death situation where you think you have full reset but you dont and your gun does nothing when you expect it to go bang!
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 19:06   #5
ChicagoZman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
I will never understand why some folks hate the trigger reset of M&P's. I for one like it. I don't need a click like a Glock has.
Did you begin shooting with double action revolvers? Once you've done that well, the lack of a discernible trigger reset is no big deal.

Having learned to shoot pistols using 1911s and Glocks, I shoot from trigger reset and find this to be more accurate for me and most (not all) of my students as it minimizes movement during multiple shot strings. As the M&P doesn't tell you through audible or tactile means when this occurs, you must bring your finger fully forward to ensure the gun goes bang again when you press the trigger.

That doesn't make the M&P bad, it just isn't to my liking.
Glocks: 17, 17L, 22, 22C, 23, 24C, 27, 34
ChicagoZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 14:19   #6
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoZman View Post
I've installed several of the Comp and Duty kits and shot a few of those guns myself. Have yet to hear a complaint about the trigger AFTER installation of the APEX kit.

Did you also install the RAM? The trigger itself I could live with figuring it would smooth out in a couple thousand rounds, but the reset is just terrible.
I have the RAM but I have not gotten around to installing it yet.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 07-25-2012, 14:23   #7
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoZman View Post
Did you begin shooting with double action revolvers? Once you've done that well, the lack of a discernible trigger reset is no big deal.

Having learned to shoot pistols using 1911s and Glocks, I shoot from trigger reset and find this to be more accurate for me and most (not all) of my students as it minimizes movement during multiple shot strings. As the M&P doesn't tell you through audible or tactile means when this occurs, you must bring your finger fully forward to ensure the gun goes bang again when you press the trigger.

That doesn't make the M&P bad, it just isn't to my liking.
No I did not. I learned to shoot (sort of) on a Glock 17. Yes the lack of a discernible trigger reset is one reason I installed the apex trigger. I will also install the RAM when I get a chance.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine