GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 22:02   #1
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member
 
Travclem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 6,766
Got a wild hair today.

It's been about 7-8 years since I built up a 10/22. I ordered a new .22 suppressor the other day and it gave me a wild hair to do another one. I already have a stock base gun in the safe so I ordered:

-Hogue OD stock
-TacSol threaded matte black barrel
-Volquartsen Bedding kit refill
-Volquartsen hammer/sear kit

The last 10/22 I did is a heavy tack driver, this one is going to be my light weight, quiet turtle buster. I figured it would give me something to do while I wait on the can.
__________________
Sent from a payphone in a whorehouse in Mexico.
__________________
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30   #2
Bill Keith
Senior Member
 
Bill Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Humble, TX
Posts: 5,063
Dang, that sounds cool! Where in the heck are you findin' turtle's to bust up there in the Panhandle? I miss Amarillo sometimes...then the feeling passes.
Bill Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02   #3
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
It's been about 7-8 years since I built up a 10/22. I ordered a new .22 suppressor the other day and it gave me a wild hair to do another one. I already have a stock base gun in the safe so I ordered:

-Hogue OD stock
-TacSol threaded matte black barrel
-Volquartsen Bedding kit refill
-Volquartsen hammer/sear kit

The last 10/22 I did is a heavy tack driver, this one is going to be my light weight, quiet turtle buster. I figured it would give me something to do while I wait on the can.
Which 10/22 model is the base? There is the tactical model with the Hogue stock.

No recoil buffer?
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi

Last edited by Dexters; 07-26-2012 at 06:03..
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:20   #4
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member
 
Travclem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
Which 10/22 model is the base? There is the tactical model with the Hogue stock.

No recoil buffer?
No the base is just a standard 10/22 already had a recoil buffer. I had a Hogue stock in a closet and bought a threaded TacSol barrel.
__________________
Sent from a payphone in a whorehouse in Mexico.
__________________

Last edited by Travclem; 07-26-2012 at 11:07..
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21   #5
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member
 
Travclem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keith View Post
Dang, that sounds cool! Where in the heck are you findin' turtle's to bust up there in the Panhandle? I miss Amarillo sometimes...then the feeling passes.
Well I live in Lubbock, go to school in Amarillo, and hunt between Post and Spur. The tanks on the ranch are usuallu full of turtles.
__________________
Sent from a payphone in a whorehouse in Mexico.
__________________

Last edited by Travclem; 07-26-2012 at 09:22..
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 18:13   #6
dcc12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
Well I live in Lubbock, go to school in Amarillo, and hunt between Post and Spur. The tanks on the ranch are usuallu full of turtles.
I miss the place too
dcc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 00:55   #7
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,307
Very cool
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31   #8
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member
 
Travclem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 6,766
Here it is, now the wait for the can begins.

Rimfire Forum


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
Sent from a payphone in a whorehouse in Mexico.
__________________

Last edited by Travclem; 08-05-2012 at 22:04..
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14   #9
jasonhudd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
I like to see more pics of that bench I would like to build one like that
jasonhudd is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 512
121 Members
391 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31