GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04   #1
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


The hologram president.

Herein lies one of the best summations I have seen to date.
http://terryfalconsprint.blogspot.co...-obama-by.html
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17   #2
coqui33
NRA Instructor
 
coqui33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 317
It was never published by the WSJ. Check Snopes.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
coqui33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:23   #3
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
It's a good read though, for people who think. But, people who think would have never voted for a man they really knew nothing about, for President.

A better article by the NY Times, by Milton Friedman, a died in the wool liberal, pretty much admits that.

My theory, is that because he was black, the media was just too embarrassed to ask the normal questions that would have sent a white guy with Obama's flimsy resume, back to where he came from really fast during the early campaigning. Later on, when they realized what they had forgotten to do, it was really too embarrassing to bring up.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 07-26-2012 at 06:30..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:26   #4
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui33 View Post
It was never published by the WSJ. Check Snopes.
Oh, not the WSJ?

Nom de plume... pink herring? Or some Obama-like misrepresentation.

The entire presentation is a good one, nonetheless, I thought.... still do.
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39   #5
pipedreams
Member
 
pipedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
My theory, is that because he was black, the media was just too embarrassed to ask the normal questions that would have sent a white guy with Obama's flimsy resume, back to where he came from really fast during the early campaigning. Later on, when they realized what they had forgotten to do, it was really too embarrassing to bring up.
I think that pretty much covers it in a nut shell. I could care less if it was published in the WSJ, the article gets right to the meat of things.
__________________
NRA Patron Member
GOA Life Member


Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Last edited by pipedreams; 07-26-2012 at 06:44.. Reason: added text
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57   #6
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
It's a good read though, for people who think. But, people who think would have never voted for a man they really knew nothing about, for President.

A better article by the NY Times, by Milton Friedman, a died in the wool liberal, pretty much admits that.

My theory, is that because he was black, the media was just too embarrassed to ask the normal questions that would have sent a white guy with Obama's flimsy resume, back to where he came from really fast during the early campaigning. Later on, when they realized what they had forgotten to do, it was really too embarrassing to bring up.
Embarrassed? I would not cut the MSM (LNM) that much slack at this point. I think we've seen enough slanting and out-right promotion to think the 'media' was in the tank for progressive candidates even before this hologram, this wispy entity was carried to the front.

That's why, I think, this non-person blew everyone right off the stage from just about day one- he had a propaganda machine the likes of which this country had never dreamed of seeing.
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06   #7
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
Embarrassed? I would not cut the MSM (LNM) that much slack at this point. I think we've seen enough slanting and out-right promotion to think the 'media' was in the tank for progressive candidates even before this hologram, this wispy entity was carried to the front.

That's why, I think, this non-person blew everyone right off the stage from just about day one- he had a propaganda machine the likes of which this country had never dreamed of seeing.
I won't say that is not an equally plausible explanation.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47   #8
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
Embarrassed? I would not cut the MSM (LNM) that much slack at this point. I think we've seen enough slanting and out-right promotion to think the 'media' was in the tank for progressive candidates even before this hologram, this wispy entity was carried to the front.

That's why, I think, this non-person blew everyone right off the stage from just about day one- he had a propaganda machine the likes of which this country had never dreamed of seeing.
Agreed..."White guilt" may have factored into the voting of some percentage of the general population -- but when it comes to the MSM, it's pretty conclusive that we have a fairly unified bunch of hard-core progressives. I'm sure that stuff like "Journolist" only scratched the surface of a fairly coordinated effort by the leftstream media to control the narrative in this country.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 16:20   #9
ModGlock17
Senior Member
 
ModGlock17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lalaland USA
Posts: 2,625
The most earth shattering news would be when someone releases a Kenyan Birth certificate that has O's info on it, 10 days before the election.

That would be one heck of an event, one that would be in history book.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:00   #10
coqui33
NRA Instructor
 
coqui33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
The most earth shattering news would be when someone releases a Kenyan Birth certificate that has O's info on it, 10 days before the election.

That would be one heck of an event, one that would be in history book.
It would be ignored. The newsmedia now has the power to put anyone they want into the presidency.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
coqui33 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:12.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,077
288 Members
789 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31