GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:24   #1
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
An idea for Colt to pursue...

Why not release a gun with their Tactical Package already applied? They could call it the CTP (Colt Tactical Package) or something. Even though, I personally would like to see just the standard Colt roll marks on the slide, with possibly a CTP on the back of the slide aka the TRP. It would instantly rival the TRP and possibly get into the Valor's sales. Plenty of Colt fan boys would flock to it. Even smarter, would be to offer a Commander with the same options and with today's CC popularity, an Officer sized model would round the series off quite well. Those options on that package are the most sought out features anyway. They could make a railed version, for the true tactical buff too. They come with no FCS, so I think alot of people would prefer it to the TRP and since it says Colt on the side, it would steal some Valor buyers more than likely. No MIM parts or plastic MSH's or triggers would be a HUGE plus. They could/should put it in the TRP/Valor price range and you would have an instant winner IMO. Jus my .02, but if Colt reads this and steals my idea, the better send me a couple for my royalty fees.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:28   #2
deadite
Groovy.
 
deadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an ancient slumber..
Posts: 5,455
Good idea. They can do that right after my Commander Delta Elite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Quote:
I'm a normal heterosexual American male, so of course I own a 1911.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 13:01   #3
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Good idea. They can do that right after our Commander Delta Elites.
Fixed for ya. And I agree.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 13:36   #4
deadite
Groovy.
 
deadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an ancient slumber..
Posts: 5,455
Ha, I assume they haven't gotten back to you yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Quote:
I'm a normal heterosexual American male, so of course I own a 1911.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 15:04   #5
R0CKETMAN
NRA MEMBER
 
R0CKETMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SECONUS in HARD TARGET
Posts: 1,407
Pose it on tos and Brent may respond...
__________________
"BONES HEAL, CHICKS DIG SCARS, PAIN GOES AWAY"

"Home of the Free because of the Brave"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by R0CKETMAN; 07-27-2012 at 15:21..
R0CKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 15:23   #6
paul45
old crank
 
paul45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,980
Sure, great idea.

BTW, FYI, Colt hasn't used plastic triggers for at least a decade
paul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 15:24   #7
deadite
Groovy.
 
deadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an ancient slumber..
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
Pose it on tos and Brent may respond...
I PM'ed him about the Commander Delta and he said they couldn't do it now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Quote:
I'm a normal heterosexual American male, so of course I own a 1911.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 15:42   #8
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,734
Sounds like a good idea, Joe.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 17:52   #9
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,043
FWIW, Colt has very few employees. As a matter of fact they only had a grand total of ONE revolversmith for repairs and he was past 70 and retired last I heard. The other one works only in the Custom Shop.

I agree that the Tactical would be a great option but until they get more trained people it's a pipe dream. As many of you know, you just can't pull Eddie Punchclock off the assembly line and make him a top shelf 1911 'smith. It takes not only years of training but also an inborn knack for it also IMO. Many think they have it, but few do.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:27   #10
brisk21
Senior Member
 
brisk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,633
That is a GREAT idea!! Id probably have to bite on one of those. Especially if it was a series 70.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50   #11
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
FWIW, Colt has very few employees. As a matter of fact they only had a grand total of ONE revolversmith for repairs and he was past 70 and retired last I heard. The other one works only in the Custom Shop.

I agree that the Tactical would be a great option but until they get more trained people it's a pipe dream. As many of you know, you just can't pull Eddie Punchclock off the assembly line and make him a top shelf 1911 'smith. It takes not only years of training but also an inborn knack for it also IMO. Many think they have it, but few do.
If what you are saying is fact, then that's a very weak excuse on Colt's behalf. If Colt can't/won't hire qualified gunsmith's, and they are out there, then that sounds like a Colt problem to me. Sounds like who ever is running the show at Colt needs to have his ass fired. Not very business savvy IMO.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 21:40   #12
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,179


Better yet, maybe Colt or Colt Custom Shop can do a .38 Super Gold Cup.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 22:17   #13
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Better yet, maybe Colt or Colt Custom Shop can do a .38 Super Gold Cup.
Nice ideal
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:36   #14
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Well, it sounds like Colt will have to expand their gunsmith staff to keep up with the new $22.5 Million order that the Marines just put in. Now they can hire those extra guys to start cranking out those new "CTP's".
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43   #15
ca survivor
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Well, it sounds like Colt will have to expand their gunsmith staff to keep up with the new $22.5 Million order that the Marines just put in. Now they can hire those extra guys to start cranking out those new "CTP's".
or what probably will happen is that it won't be any Colts for the commercial market until they finish the army contract.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:10   #16
deadite
Groovy.
 
deadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an ancient slumber..
Posts: 5,455
I agree with Glock2740. Colt needs to step up. I'm a small business guy. If I thought there was a ready made market, I would break my back getting product into customers hands and cash in my bank.

Example, I contact Colt and tell them I'm ready to purchase a custom 1911 and they decline. I can't even imagine doing that in my business. Glock2740 contacts them requesting the same thing and they don't respond. They didn't put us on a list for the future like any number of custom shops. They decline.

I mean, really? How many great young gunsmiths would break their back to work at Colts custom shop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Quote:
I'm a normal heterosexual American male, so of course I own a 1911.

Last edited by deadite; 07-29-2012 at 11:19..
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:15   #17
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I agree with Glock2740. Colt needs to step up. I'm a small business guy. If I thought there was a ready made market, I would break my back getting product into customers hands and cash in my bank.

Example, I contact Colt and tell them I'm ready to purchase a custom 1911 and they decline. I can't even imagine doing that in my business. Glock2740 contacts them requesting the same thing and they don't respond. They didn't put us on a list for the future like any number of custom shops. They decline.

I mean, really? How many great young gunsmiths would break their back to work at Colts custom shop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Post of the month.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 983
234 Members
749 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42