SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-27-2012, 20:12   #1
hogfish
Señor Member

The Anti-Libertarian Party (ALP)

Okay. Here's my plan for the Libertarian Party's future success: Create a 4th party who's platform is the grand prize from our two major parties. Take the moral/religious points of the Republicans, and combine them with the fiscal stands of the Democrats, and you have a winner: Surely the 'best' of both worlds, and a complete opposite of the LP. The contrast would be much easier to discern, and it would suffice to debate the ALP for all to understand the points. It would weaken the other two parties enough (I think) that people might break away from their flocks.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 22:01   #2
Syclone538

I think of any party other then maybe the Constitution Party as anti Libertarian Parties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 22:17   #3
teumessian_fox

The Constitution Party is completely anti Libertarian.

Open borders. Vending machine narcotics. Gross immorality.

Yeah, the libertarian platform is just what we need.

/sarcasm
Old 07-28-2012, 00:10   #4
Syclone538

The CP is the only party that I know of, other then the LP, that wants less .gov. They are behind the LP, but ahead of everyone else.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:53   #5
cowboy1964

The LP is no longer completely "open borders". They have changed their position quite a bit since 2001.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 07-28-2012 at 01:54..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:16   #6
hogfish
Señor Member

Our current boarder situation ain't far from an open boarder policy, so let's be real. Now, if everyone agreed that liberty and a free market are what we need to strive for, wouldn't it be great if our one major debate was open or closed borders? It probably would get resolved pretty quick.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 07-28-2012, 04:19   #7
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
I think of any party other than maybe the Constitution Party as anti-Libertarian parties.
Spot on.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 07-28-2012 at 04:20..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:38   #8
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
I think of any party other then maybe the Constitution Party as anti Libertarian Parties.
A few years ago someone recommended the Constitution Party, so I went to their website. I didn't even finish reading the 1st sentence when I x-ed out of there. I just now went back to see if it had changed: they are the moral police.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:33   #9
JBnTX
Texas

Why not just take back the republican party?

The more political parties you have the more you dilute your votes and decrease your chances of winning an election.

Last edited by JBnTX; 07-28-2012 at 06:34..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:46   #10
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

The more political parties you have the more you dilute your votes and decrease your chances of winning an election.

I see you understand the premise in the 1st post.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:26   #11
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

It's been awfully quiet lately on the Ron Paul Movement, how goes the lawsuit?

I saw a video of the lead attorney in that suit..... good luck.

The thinly veiled threat against Romney's children at the end was quite interesting. He may have to have one of his partners argue the suit after the SS picks him up.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 07-28-2012 at 10:27..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:47   #12
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
It's been awfully quiet lately on the Ron Paul Movement, how goes the lawsuit?

I saw a video of the lead attorney in that suit..... good luck.

Richard Gilbert Takes on Romney - Romney supports NDAA, Detention of US citizens, Drones over US sky - YouTube

The thinly veiled threat against Romney's children at the end was quite interesting. He may have to have one of his partners argue the suit after the SS picks him up.
This seems to concern the Republican Party, but I'll watch it anyway.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:02   #13
countrygun

Quote:

Come to think of it you're right.

I wonder if the PaulBots realize this?

Oh wait a minute, what is that term they use, yah I got it, that is "statist" thinking.

Funny, trying to split the party that has a chance of unseating Obama,

using a catch phrase to marginalize anyone in opposition

Sounds more like Saul Alensky than Thomas Jefferson to me.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:04   #14
hogfish
Señor Member

Re: the video, that guy is a kook. Sounds like a mirror image of some around here. I have to agree with you, Doc, that it appears to be a threat directed at Romney and family.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:07   #15
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Come to think of it you're right.

I wonder if the PaulBots realize this?

Oh wait a minute, what is that term they use, yah I got it, that is "statist" thinking.

Funny, trying to split the party that has a chance of unseating Obama,

using a catch phrase to marginalize anyone in opposition

Sounds more like Saul Alensky than Thomas Jefferson to me.
THE PARTY

Old 07-28-2012, 11:44   #16
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post

I see you understand the premise in the 1st post.

I can't tell if your serious?

I do understand your premise.
I just think you're taking the long way around to achieve the end goal of just another third party.

We don't need a third party. A third party is loser politics.

We need to take back the republican party and return it to a more conservative and more constitutional position.

All you Ron Paul supporters that have written off the republican party can't seem to understand that.

Like it or not, the republican party with all it's faults is our only hope of defeating that marxist half-breed that some call their president.

Once Obama is gone then we can turn our attention to cleaning up the republican party. A good start would be ensuring that Romney only serves one term.

We need to support the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party and the more conservative candidates.

Most importantly, we need to vote.
I'll bet that half the posters here that talk the biggest smack don't even vote.

Go vote!
If you can't see something to vote for, then vote against Obama just for the hell of it.

Don't refuse to vote in some childish attempt to punish the republican party for not electing that fool Ron Paul.

Voting is the key to taking back the republican party.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:54   #17
countrygun

Quote:
We need to support the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party and the more conservative candidates.

Don't refuse to vote in some childish attempt to punish the republican party for not electing that fool Ron Paul.

Those IMO are the highpoints.
It doesn't take a genius to see that the TEA party wasn't actually a "seperate" party but a bloc of voters within the Republican party helping to identify and elect candidates ant various levels that reflect the values that the TEA party supports.

Much more effective than trying to take your ball and go home. My suspicions about a certain other group, in that, their only accomplishment is slightly weakening the Republican Party and putting forth losers, is growing.

I can see no valid, positive and lasting contribution to Americas political scene. They are the "bottle rocket" of politics but a rocket with a bad fuse that never got off the ground and exploded in place.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:57   #18
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
I can't tell if your serious?

I do understand your premise.
I just think you're taking the long way around to achieve the end goal of just another third party.

We don't need a third party. A third party is loser politics.

We need to take back the republican party and return it to a more conservative and more constitutional position.

All you Ron Paul supporters that have written off the republican party can't seem to understand that.

Like it or not, the republican party with all it's faults is our only hope of defeating that marxist half-breed that some call their president.

Once Obama is gone then we can turn our attention to cleaning up the republican party. A good start would be ensuring that Romney only serves one term.

Most importantly, we need to vote.
I'll bet that half the posters here that talk the biggest smack don't even vote.

Go vote!
If you can't see something to vote for, then vote against Obama just for the hell of it.

I have never been either Rebublican or Democrat, and I didn't vote for RP.

Old 07-28-2012, 13:59   #19
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post

I have never been either Rebublican or Democrat, and I didn't vote for RP.
Maybe you should pick a side and support it?
Old 07-28-2012, 14:33   #20
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Maybe you should pick a side and support it?
I have, and I do. I $upport The Libertarian Party, both nationally and locally.

You have argued for the two (2) party system plenty before, and your reasons why the GOP should be supported with all it's flaws. I don't agree. I think the solution is to vote Libertarian, but there's too much fear out there.