Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:42   #1
donjose

G36 Spring ?

Anyone running a wolf 22lb spring and guide rod in there G36?
Any problems with heavy loaded +p frame battering with the stock spring?

Thank You
Jason
donjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 19:38   #2
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjose View Post
Anyone running a wolf 22lb spring and guide rod in there G36? Any problems with heavy loaded +p frame battering with the stock spring?

Thank You
Jason

Sent you a reply to the PM ya sent me... But I'll put it here as well in case ya didn't get it or something..

Amigo, problem here is I know nothing about The ammo you ask about in the PM. So, I cannot say what they are doing. From what I have read it is good stuff, but who knows?

I would call them and ask if their ammo is completely within saami specs, and if it truly is, then I see no reason for a 22# spring in the G36. If it is not, then I would not use it... (their ammo). haha.

Now when I go out and shoot the G36 for a few hours or whatever, I use a non +P 'hand load of my own'. Let's call it the equal to a box of walmart 230gr WWB (winchester white box). Or CCI Brass (i like those btw). So we're talking stuff that in a 5" government model would run about 850/875 fps.

No problems there In G36. My carry stuff will either be 'my hand loads of a 230gr XTP at 907fps' ( a +P rating) or I carry WW PDX1, 230gr bonded you can buy at Dick's sporting goods, or Cabela's etc. They are the same thing as 230gr +P Ranger T bonded.

I shoot a mag full of these quite often when I am done with my shooting session.

I guess what I am saying is, that unless your going to just shoot hundreds of hot 45's through there all the time, the 'factory spring is plenty good enough', and I have had NO issue with mine even shooting hotter loads, for about 1500+ rounds now.

I Shoot +P 'only' in these 'small little tubes' (for carry) because if not, the velocity we get is just (imo) to low to make me comfortable. It 'does not take much' with a big 230gr (which is all I would ever use in a 45) but I do not want to be down in the high 700's or real low 800's with that 3.78" barrel, so in "It," I use my hand loads, or the WW PDX1, or the Ranger T +P 230gr. The latter is really very good for factory SD round.

So if your not going to run a truck load of +P's through it all the time, No, you do not need the heavy spring.

I still have the factory spring in mine that came with it, through all the soft and medium and 'hard pounding' 1500 round loads, and 'ALL is fine' !

In fact, with "mine" I took the wolff duel rod and spring 21/22#'s out of my G30 and put it in the G36 and my groups opened up real bad. I went back to the factory spring, and whether factory loads I mentioned, or my +P hand loads at 907 fps, all is fine and good to frame and slide and accuracy has been 'beyond excellent' even at longer ranges.

If you are going to carry +P (and I would in that small tube) and I do, and practice with non +P, and shoot a couple mags full of +P at every session... You will be fine 'all stock' I assure you ! Again, mine is fine at 1500 rounds or so in this way, and actually, I probably have more of my +P hand loads at over 900fps through it than anything else since I hand load I do not buy much factory stuff...

Hope this helps bro.
God bless ya.

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 07-30-2012 at 14:43..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote