SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-31-2012, 17:44   #1
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Cracked Slide Old G20

Last night i was looking at the front of my G20 considering a flashlight mount for it and low and behold i noticed what looked like a horizontal crack in the guide rod hole "lobe" that's just under the barrel hole in the slide. So, of course i pulled the slide off and got out a magnifying glass and sure enough, several horizontal cracks on each side of the hole and the lobe was even bent in a bit. I also noticed a dent in the bottom of the lobe where it must have contacted either a large rock or concrete floor. I'm not going to blame this on anyone but myself because i can remember dropping the gun before and i've even watched a customer drop it at a show once... so... my bad. And so, also, yeah, it DOES happen... and it easily can have enough force to crack it exactly like it's cracked. At any rate, i obviously need to replace the slide... *sniff*... I already called Glock and left a message, but, i have to ask; What is the "fast track" best way to get a new slide that will fit and work with this old frame? It's one of the original low serial number G20's. I'm so bummed.

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Official AGrip™ Manufacturer Website

AGrip™ Installation Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 17:48   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Dang... that sucks. I would be bawling if anything happened to Shelly!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 23:21   #3
oceanbob

wow.that sucks....I have an older Gen2 as well. Same exact frame as the new models. Including the G21. You could pimp it out with a lonewolf bare slide and just swap out the internals.

Good luck finding something...

Be well

Bob
oceanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 23:35   #4
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Heartbreaking. Sorry that happened.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 18:13   #5
The Pirate
HARRRRR!!!

That would be a bad day. I feel for ya. I'm sure it'll be fixed before you know it though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine