Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-02-2012, 17:37   #1
marh415

GSSF Pistol Purchase Question

I put down a deposit on a Gen 4 34 today with my GSSF discount. Anyway, the owner said that they were taking about 3-4 weeks to get them in. Now when I look on the Gallery of Guns site, it says they're in stock and available. Does going though the GSSF program usually take longer than say ordering from a distributor? Could someone give me an idea on how long the wait time usually is?
marh415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 17:46   #2
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by marh415 View Post
I put down a deposit on a Gen 4 34 today with my GSSF discount. Anyway, the owner said that they were taking about 3-4 weeks to get them in. Now when I look on the Gallery of Guns site, it says they're in stock and available. Does going though the GSSF program usually take longer than say ordering from a distributor? Could someone give me an idea on how long the wait time usually is?
Well, when I order a GSSF award gun from Glock. they now say it will be 150 days - and don't call before!
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 19:29   #3
marh415

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Well, when I order a GSSF award gun from Glock. they now say it will be 150 days - and don't call before!
So it seems they put them lower on the priority list. I can't say that I'm surprised, but thats an awful long time to have to wait.
Old 08-02-2012, 19:50   #4
Keyhole

I try the different GSSF sellers, buy, then transfer to LGS. I've had good luck with Atlantic Tactical. Recommend.
Old 08-02-2012, 19:53   #5
SARDG

Quote:
So it seems they put them lower on the priority list. I can't say that I'm surprised, but thats an awful long time to have to wait.
I don't believe they put GSSF guns on lower priority at all. Glock makes "runs" of pistols, then "runs" of other pistols, etc. If you get an order in when 'your' gun-run just came off the line, you get it quick. If they made 1 milion G17s and then shipped 1 million G17s, you wait until the next run.

Large dealers (like Ed's for instance) order literally thousands of Glocks at a time. That's why Ed's and a few others are the 'haves' and LGSs are the 'have-nots'.

Now... couple this with the fact that Glock is many thousands of pistols behind in production, and, well...

If I have to order a Glock, I expect the worst but hope for the best. I usually expect to wait 150 days. If your dealer delivers in 4 weeks, you are ahead of the game.

Last edited by SARDG; 08-02-2012 at 19:54..
Old 08-02-2012, 20:06   #6
SARDG

OP- You know your 34 should be a Blue Label - right? Most (not all) Blue Labels come with a standard 5.5# connector and fixed sights. Not certain about extended controls.
Old 08-02-2012, 20:09   #7
marh415

Quote:
I don't believe they put GSSF guns on lower priority at all. Glock makes "runs" of pistols, then "runs" of other pistols, etc. If you get an order in when 'your' gun-run just came off the line, you get it quick. If they made 1 milion G17s and then shipped 1 million G17s, you wait until the next run.

Large dealers (like Ed's for instance) order literally thousands of Glocks at a time. That's why Ed's and a few others are the 'haves' and LGSs are the 'have-nots'.

Now... couple this with the fact that Glock is many thousands of pistols behind in production, and, well...

If I have to order a Glock, I expect the worst but hope for the best. I usually expect to wait 150 days. If your dealer delivers in 4 weeks, you are ahead of the game.
Good point, thanks for your replies!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:57   #8
marh415

Quote:

You pretty much nailed it with the waiting time SARDG, I stopped by their store today and he has been calling every week about the 34's. I did check out a Gen 4 21 and now I'm tossing around getting that instead, as the owner seems to keep some blue labels in stock for whatever reason. Hmmm???

Last edited by marh415; 08-06-2012 at 10:58..
Old 08-06-2012, 11:27   #9
SARDG

Quote:
...I did check out a Gen 4 21 and now I'm tossing around getting that instead, as the owner seems to keep some blue labels in stock for whatever reason. Hmmm???
The 21 would be a bigger seller with many agencies using those. Florida Fish & Wildlife uses 21s. Florida Highway Patrol - .45 GAPs.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:43   #10
DannyR

The GSSF pistols start out as blue label law enforcement pistols, bought through a different program with Glock. The dealer cannot sell you a white label pistol that cost him $440.00 for $425.00 and stay in business very long.
Bull Dawg #1
www.gssfonline.com
https://sites.google.com/site/dannyvickieryan
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote