Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2012, 13:31   #1
Bro. Stan

New design for dry fire pracitice device

A few years ago, I attended a handgun training course. Dry fire practice was emphasized. As I practiced, I did not like having to ratchet the slide for each time I wanted to "fire" the weapon. So, through much trial and error, I have designed a device that allows multiple "shots" without having to remove the hands from the firing position. I call it the Dryfiremag. There is also no need to alter the weapon in any way because the device is incorporated into a regular magazine so that it can just be inserted into the weapon like a normal magazine. As simple as that, dry fire practice can begin. It does not use the weapon's firing pin, it gives an audible "click" to simulate the firing pin release, and it resets the trigger to the intermediate refiring position or to its resting position.

When at the range, before actually beginning live fire practice, a few minutes can be spent in dry fire practice. Then when ready, the Dryfiremag can be removed from the weapon, the magazine with live ammo can be inserted, and live fire can begin. If, at any time during the practice session, the report or the recoil of the weapon causes the shooter to pull off target, the weapon can be cleared of live ammo with the live ammo magazine, and the Dryfiremag can be inserted. Dry fire practice can proceed until the shooter is comfortable enough not to pull off the target. When that is achieved, live fire practice can resume with simply swapping the Dryfiremag for a magazine with live ammo.

You can visit my website and take a look at www.dryfiremag.com.
Bro. Stan is offline   Reply With Quote